Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 15:07:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchased on Steam, Doesn't work and I have no Product Key to register!?!  (Read 58944 times)

WH_Doc

• Forum member

Steam seems to be passing the buck as well.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416089

FROM STEAM FORUMS

We're working on getting a proper batch of keys from Paradox to unlock game copies purchased via Steam.

We'll hopefully have this resolved shortly.

Thanks for your patience

No big deal really. Everyone representing the developers, distributors, and the guys at Steam just need to take responsibility for it, no matter who's at fault, and reassure everyone that it will be handled swiftly. I'm anxious to play, but I understand things happen. Making your customers feel as though they're doing something wrong by complaining about it never helps. Kill em' with kindness.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:00:28 by WH_Doc »

Douglas123

• Forum member

this is unfortunate i hoped to wake up and get on the comp and play sse but thats not happening
The fishies wait for you when your sailing incase you sink <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

cherbert

• Forum member

I see Steam has relaunched the game. However, still no CD keys.

I give up.

Douglas123

• Forum member

so do i, its relaunched which means we probably have to rebuy it. steam is really annoying and i was hoping to get a nice game and its gone so i guess i have to waist another 39 dollars and re buy it because they cant update it. also how do i fix the your language is not supported im using english why is it not working.

haldir323

• Forum member

so do i, its relaunched which means we probably have to rebuy it. steam is really annoying and i was hoping to get a nice game and its gone so i guess i have to waist another 39 dollars and re buy it because they cant update it. also how do i fix the your language is not supported im using english why is it not working.

I'm sorry but "rebuying" it is not a viable option. STEAM has on record who bought the game (they need to legally). It is their responsibility to fix. You may just need redownload/resintall the gam once they fix it. It is illegal for them to force you rebuy a game you already bought. The language issue is the "cd key" problem.

haldir323

• Forum member

Actually, you can. Professionals test stuff like that in advance just for that reason. Btw. new day - still doesn't work. This is getting ridiculous. The game has been rated down to one star at amazon.de. That's also where I'll be sending it back to on Monday if this incompetence continues.

The bolded isnt always true and naive to think a system will always work.  I bet if this was a more popular game or more people created support tickets then more people will care to fix the problem. Its usually how it works. At my profesion, one of the first thing that gets asked is how many people have a particular problem. If its low, it gets put on the back burner to fix more pressing issues.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 14:30:56 by haldir323 »

Frank_VSTEP

Hi all,

Once more, for any of you not checking all of this topic, let me post again what I posted yesterday:
Paradox/STEAM are aware of the problem and are fixing it as we speak. They have asked me to reassure you that it will be fixed as soon as possible, and everybody that has bought the STEAM version of the game will be able to play soon.

Although it is very much out of our hands, I can relate to your frustration. Please let me nevertheless apologize for the inconvenience and mishap/irritation that this is causing and ask you for some more patience as they are fixing this.

Kind regards,
Frank

cherbert

• Forum member

Hi all,

Once more, for any of you not checking all of this topic, let me post again what I posted yesterday:
Paradox/STEAM are aware of the problem and are fixing it as we speak. They have asked me to reassure you that it will be fixed as soon as possible, and everybody that has bought the STEAM version of the game will be able to play soon.

Although it is very much out of our hands, I can relate to your frustration. Please let me nevertheless apologize for the inconvenience and mishap/irritation that this is causing and ask you for some more patience as they are fixing this.

Kind regards,
Frank

Can you please clarify if Steam are actually going to be issuing us with physical CD Keys so we can activate your Technical Support forum?

Why can't you open up the Technical Support forum to everyone if only temporarily until this mess is over?

Frank_VSTEP

Can you please clarify if Steam are actually going to be issuing us with physical CD Keys so we can activate your Technical Support forum?

Why can't you open up the Technical Support forum to everyone if only temporarily until this mess is over?

I understand your query and will check if this is possible. However, the problem is only with STEAM versions from Paradox. Versions (boxed or download ) purchased through VSTEP or downloads from other portals like Gamersgate do not have this problem and are able to activate without a problem. We have to check with Paradox ourselves on progress about the STEAM versions, have you tried the Paradox tech support?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 15:25:02 by Frank_VSTEP »

moonrider

• Forum member

Ok here is what i know, the VSTEP keys are secured the steam versions not.
Because of some hacker that brought out the game days before the 27th they found out that the hacked version can get into servers and play without a glitch.
So to get you people save from guys that downloaded a cracked game they have to rewrite a piece of code to protect their servers and yours.
It will take a few days to solve this, thats why there are no keys at the moment.

Rider

Os      : Windows 7 ATI Ultimate 64-bit
Cpu     ; AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Clocked op 6x 4.0 ghz
video   ; 2x XFX HD5970 Black Edition 2048 mb
mem     ; 12 gb ddr3 1333 mhz
HD      ; 2x 1 TB  (2000 gb)
screen ; Dell 27# W

Douglas123

• Forum member

Hi all,

Kind regards,
Frank

Hopefully this happens today and doesnt take a whole week id like to play this before school. and i start school in about 4 days

Douglas123

• Forum member

Because of some hacker that brought out the game days before the 27th they found out that the hacked version can get into servers and play without a glitch.
So to get you people save from guys that downloaded a cracked game they have to rewrite a piece of code to protect their servers and yours.
It will take a few days to solve this, thats why there are no keys at the moment.

Rider

A FEW DAYS? this is the second day to fix hopefully its fixed in the next day or 2 days

Frank_VSTEP

Rider

Rider, where do you get this information from, as this is incorrect.

Douglas123

• Forum member

YAY KEYS ARE OUT. But it still says eorror language not supported

gibby12

• Forum member

wow after one problem is solved another one is but in its place

RYAN123

• Forum member

wHERE DO YOU FIND THE KEY ??
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Mine still isn't working  :-\

RYAN123

• Forum member

mines not working either  :'( :'( :'(

sonarman

• Forum member

same here, still not working!

Douglas123

• Forum member

Hold on guys they just sent out keys and now working on the language problem. Should be done today im re downloading to see if that works

Douglas123

• Forum member

Keepin ya updated. Not fixed yet probably will be soon though

Rac0r

• Forum member

Hi,
as mentioned above boxed versions are working now if you activate them via Steam - not with the installer on the disc. Remove the disc and restart steam. Then go to "Games" --> "Activate a Product on Steam". Enter your key and the Game will be downloaded for installation. The download is 3GB. Servers are very fast I got around 2MB/s. Depending on your connection this is an option or not.

The disc is completely useless.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Oh...

take the disc out...  :doh:

RYAN123

• Forum member

Hi,
as mentioned above boxed versions are working now if you activate them via Steam - not with the installer on the disc. Remove the disc and restart steam. Then go to "Games" --> "Activate a Product on Steam". Enter your key and the Game will be downloaded for installation. The download is 3GB. Servers are very fast I got around 2MB/s. Depending on your connection this is an option or not.

The disc is completely useless.

i tryed taking disk out and restart steam
but it still says invalid    :-\

Rac0r

• Forum member

i tryed taking disk out and restart steam
but it still says invalid    :-\

Guess this also does not work for everyone. This is just pathetic. Now, that I have the game installed and activated, I get a black window... I've never seen this level of failure from any game developer or vendor.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines