Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 09:52:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchased on Steam, Doesn't work and I have no Product Key to register!?!  (Read 58959 times)

taylor

• Forum member

i dont have that much money to throw in to the game again or i would. i dont want to take a chance of steam not giving a refund and then one just sits around.

Steam will not give refunds, I have already been trying for the past 24 hours. The support team just keeps pasting this link to me -

"Hello Taylor,

As with most software products, we will not offer refunds or exchanges for purchases made online as outlined in the software license - please review Section 4 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement for more information.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

We will make an exception for pre-ordered games if the request is received prior to the release date."

TJK

HI Taylor

That seems they will have all the unhappy customers in, but they are now working hard to fix they problem that should be OK the 27th of august, i do now know i will newer bay a game with steam in it, V-Step have taken care of it and work with them to get it fixed so all unhappy costumers will be happy again. so well easy to me to say be a bit more potions

Tore

Your_A_Nation

• Forum member

this is the only problem that i had while buying a game from steam.  this is the first that i encountered.

taylor

• Forum member

HI Taylor

That seems they will have all the unhappy customers in, but they are now working hard to fix they problem that should be OK the 27th of august, i do now know i will newer bay a game with steam in it, V-Step have taken care of it and work with them to get it fixed so all unhappy costumers will be happy again. so well easy to me to say be a bit more potions

Tore

Did you mean to say August 27th?

TJK

Did you mean to say August 27th?

yes, should be finic and activate all then with the server for the game so all cud play but as we know now, they did not :thumbdown:  you see we in Norway have the date first and the month and year,
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:10:31 by TJK »

taylor

• Forum member

yes, should be finic and activate all then with the server for the game so all cud play but as we know now, they did not :thumbdown:

Okay I'm assuming that there is a language barrier between us. Are you saying that the problems that started on August 27th should be fixed soon?

TJK

Yes it's working with it and happily soon it will be fixed, my torenglish are not alvise so easy to undestand, sorry

taylor

• Forum member

Well you help a lot of people out TJK, thanks for that.. I just wish that Steam would be more cooperative and that VStep would respond to email support questions.

TJK

Thanks Taylor

and it's a part of my job and love to help out as the tesr of the mod team :2thumbs:

BDW V-Step answer mail they get, but they got 1000 of them so it's take some time to answer all of them, so be patient

Tore
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:41:33 by TJK »

taylor

• Forum member

Thanks Taylor

and it's a part of my job and love to help out as the tesr of the mod team :2thumbs:

BDW V-Step answer mail they get, but they got 1000 of them so it's take some time to answer all of them, so be patient

Tore

I understand, its just frustrating trying to fix it.

jelle01

• Forum member

Guys,

it took me half a day to figger out what went wrong, but I have the answer to the language problem!

Do turn off the virus scanner and also your internetconnection, you never know what's coming in during this... (just control panel, network, disable or switch off). Leave it this way, even during game boot up!

Get a clean install, so if you already tried, remove those old folders and items you see with Paradox.

Here it comes: CHOOSE ENGLISH AS YOUR DEFAULT LANGUAGE!!! Not your own!

Make sure that Physx will be (re)installed. If you are installing again, it will remove it!
Also install Directx and Redinst2005.

Setup should go accordingly and when finished, don't try to start the game yet.

First copy the files from the SKIDROW MAIN folder, from the CD or image file you are browsing into the MAIN folder of SSE on your harddisk. Most files will be replaces, so choose yes, to all.
Then copy the Checklicensekey.dll from the SKIDROW Channels folder to the Channels folder as above, choose yes.

After that, try starting the game with the on screen logo or Questviewer logo in the harddrive folder. you might have to activate it by clicking the Q3D file.

It will take a minute to boot up, the SSE splash screen slider should move seconds and later on, a white screen appears. This is where your language error turned up and now there is a bar which asks for a keyword. Just fill out anything you like untill it's full.

Click continue and HAVE FUN!!!!

SRN4

• Forum member

or you could sell sse on Ebay and download it off the ship sim website  :angel:

Third Mate

• Forum member

or you could sell sse on Ebay and download it off the ship sim website  :angel:

Where are you getting these crazy ideas from  :doh: :o

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Mslb_Eemshoorn

• Forum member

Thanks Taylor

Tore
\

TJK, how you do every time reply as a guest ..? i can't.. you also have an real account..?

Greek

• Forum member
Re: Purchased on Steam, Doesn't work and I have no Product Key to register!?!
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2011, 01:04:44 »

Note
This is solely Valvue's fault, not VStep. The developers have nothing to do with that outlet.
If they had done what they promised, everyone would be happy now. But they didn't.
don't blame the wrong people.. 
And if you'd looked around a bit and used the search option here, you'd have known that. Sometimes it pays to first think, and then write.
Fred.

------------------------------------------------------

I purchased directly from the ShipSim website, and I got no product key from that site to register if I want technical support.  On the other hand, I did find a link to support on the site that did NOT require I put any product key in to get an answer.

Bill

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2011, 06:35:51 »

Hi Greek,

You said you downloaded if off the ShipSim website?
When you go to your list of purchased products on that site, you should see a keycode below.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

TJK

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:24 »

\

TJK, how you do every time reply as a guest ..? i can't.. you also have an real account..?

it's a old account that i not us anymore and as you see her i have a real account
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:42:28 by TJK »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines