Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 14:16:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: life like sinking  (Read 43863 times)

larsdehaan

Re: life like sinking
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2010, 07:52:51 »

who doesn't like my point of view-awnser noone when  im in my yacht with an busted engine and a ai cargo ship comes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:23:05 by larsdehaan »

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2010, 12:03:26 »

in sse titanic shoud bow first then break
p.s shoud have her sisters  :) ??? :captain:
[/color]
Meaning? Sorry, but or your English is bad, or I learned another kind of English then you did  :evil:

No... Just No...

This is Ship Simulator - not SHIPSINK SIMULATOR
My compliments to You, Ferry Man, for understanding what cap,foster is trying to write. I can't taste meat or fish out of his comment.  :evil:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:21:42 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

dodweb

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2010, 03:10:03 »

Meaning? Sorry, but or your English is bad, or I learned another kind of English then you did  :evil:

Throwing stones in a glass house, are we?  ;)

rennie

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:25 »

Sinking is good i think they should like spli :)t in half or the load floats around   
Play roblox or you are a noob

larsdehaan

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2010, 09:52:18 »

people please dont reply on that post above me

rennie

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2010, 09:53:54 »

sut up
people do reply plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz

larsdehaan

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2010, 09:55:09 »

ok then this is a ship simulator not a sink simulator happy?

rennie

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2010, 09:56:39 »

alright but some people like to sink i dont but im just trying to say it should be more of a simulator

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2010, 09:57:24 »

sut up
people do reply plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz

Don't tempt me...

rennie

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2010, 09:59:38 »

whats  the point in that quote everyone can see it  XD

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2010, 10:09:52 »

Because the next time I see a thread saying how they want sinking and breaking vessel and general badness, I will wirte a paragraph or two explaining why I dislike there ideas...

As stated before...

THIS IS SHIP SIMULATOR NOT SHIP SINK SIMULATOR

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2010, 10:43:56 »

@Rennie,
I've seen that you are only a little over 6 months registered here on this forum.I explain first,in the first edition of the game(2006) we did not have a sinking possibility.Most of the members wanted in the new version(2008),if that could be arranged.
2008 came out,and yes it was in the game on most of the vessels.
However, by having that also alot of trouble started,because me and several other shipsim players were not longer in the possibility to play the game as it was ment.Some of the members found it very enjoying to start hitting us(just for fun)while we were in the middle of some manouvre for docking,or they came to us with the resquevessel(Arie visser) and asked that they could tow me while i was steering the vlcc vessel.When i told him not,he came along side and rammed in to me.Result i sunk,and he left the server.
For us there was not much fun anymore.
If it was on me,it would be just damage to the vessel,and no longer possibility to sink.
I hope you understand this vision.
Marc
N

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2010, 10:45:37 »

If it was on me,it would be just damage to the vessel,and no longer possibility to sink.
Marc

I would prefer that too

Just s message that comes up stating something like mission failed - Vessel sunk

or something like that.

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2010, 11:23:47 »

@Rennie,

Marc

I think that is a great idea. Vstep should make a patch or change it before release so that is all you can do damage the ship not sink it. Maybe then other companys will allow it's ships in the game as there will be noway for the silly kids putting videos of ships sinking in this game up on youtube as you can't sink them.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2010, 11:54:51 »

Agreed  :2thumbs:

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2010, 16:41:27 »

Well the point of a simulator is realism, but the deliberate sinkings is too much. Asking for the game to be modified like that 10 days before release, might result in another delay. But maybe in a patch the multiplayer servers can be updated to not allow sinkings.

I, as myself, see the sinking feature as a good way to practice if you were really on a sinking ship. With the new deployables, the sinking feature will be more realistic than in SS08, as we can save ourself. But maybe a no sinking or damage update for multiplayer. If you don't agree with me, then you don't. I'm not trying to start a huge argument, so if that happens, I am not responsable since it's not a matter to fight over.

So the sinking feature being fully taken out will result in an edit in the game and a possible delay. A patch that takes that out, takes out realism and a good way to practice evacuating a sinking vessel. So I'm gonna stick with my idea and say maybe a patch to remove sinking and damage from multiplayer.

Scott

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2010, 17:00:23 »

Reading all this posts about sinking there are only two ways where it is meaningful to let a vessel sink. One option would be using an out of commision vessel to form an artifical reef. I've seen one or two missions just written for that purpose.
Another option would be to rescue passengers and/or crew from a vessel before that damaged vessel sinks. There are one or two missions I know about where that is the case.
However, it would be meaningless to wait near that vessel just to watch it sink. Isn't it more realistic to rescue those people and then rush off to the nearest point of safeness?
I suppose that there is an option in the mission builder to let a vessel sink without ramming it or run it into a barrier/quai/another vessel etc. etc.
People who have fun in ramming other ships just for the joy of it are in my opinion the same people who have joy in pulling out a flies legs.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2010, 17:11:49 »

Reading all this posts about sinking there are only two ways where it is meaningful to let a vessel sink . One option would be using an out of commision vessel to form an artifical reef. I've seen one or two missions just written for that purpose.
Another option would be to rescue passengers and/or crew from a vessel before that damaged vessel sinks. There are one or two missions I know about where that is the case.
However, it would be meaningless to wait near that vessel just to watch it sink. Isn't it more realistic to rescue those people and then rush off to the nearest point of safeness?
I suppose that there is an option in the mission builder to let a vessel sink without ramming it or run it into a barrier/quai/another vessel etc. etc.
People who have fun in ramming other ships just for the joy of it are in my opinion the same people who have joy in pulling out a flies legs.

Looking at your post, I highlighted two main points. It is true ships are sent down as reefs. That is a great point. And so is rescuing people then rushing away. But of course it's also realistic to be able to sail the lifeboats after going to your appropriate stations. Then you deploy the lifeboat and sail away. So that's why I think the sinking feature should be left in.

Also, Frank did say they were planning co-op mulitplayer, so maybe some scnearios will be in that. but the deliberate sinking should be taken more seriously. Or have a sinking server where everyone can get together and just hit their ships(maybe after they sink each other, they'll get annoyed with it too)

Scott

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2010, 17:13:41 »

The problem is, companies don't want people putting YouTube videos of their ships sinking - its not good for business/publicity

Even when launching Lifeboats (assuming SSE has this facility) you don't really need the boat to be sinking...

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2010, 17:41:43 »

True. Of course we all know it's not real footage. But if people do make those videos, Ship Simulator does have it's share of fictional ships(still based on blue-prints) that could be used instead.

In my opinion, this debates gonna be up for a long time ::)

Scott

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2010, 18:49:05 »

In my opinion, this debates gonna be up for a long time ::)

The debate can go on for ever and a day, but VStep won't do anything about it.

rennie

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2010, 18:54:38 »

sometimes ship sinking can be good for missions but i agree i hate it when people put youre ship sinking on you tube its bad for reputations

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010, 22:41:31 »

The problem is, companies don't want people putting YouTube videos of their ships sinking - its not good for business/publicity

Even when launching Lifeboats (assuming SSE has this facility) you don't really need the boat to be sinking...
Could that be the reason that, for example, the Pride of Rotterdam doesn't have her name anymore in the SSE version?

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010, 22:43:57 »

Could that be the reason that, for example, the Pride of Rotterdam doesn't have her name anymore in the SSE version?

Could well be...  :(

Capt L.Henry

• Forum member
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2010, 22:49:16 »

Yes, the seamulator thing was a joke / its even worse than Virtual Sailor - but seamulator can show us, how lucky we are with SS06/08 - take a look

yikes your right tht sea sim looks like something made to entertain a 3 year old
THANK U VSTEP!!!!! for making sure we didnt have to be like SeaSim over there
Captain Lance Henry
Ferry Boat Deckhand
Crew Boat Deckhand/ Assitant captain
USS Potomac Docent/Deckhand
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines