Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 02:40:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268546 times)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2007, 14:28:08 »

I think this is bad PR, why didnt Vstep publish this information earlier on their website that the patch is delayed, i doubt that vstep came to the conclusion today that they need more time for testing.

If you want to play with the big boys then at least announce this officially as soon as its clear that a deadline is unreachable and dont let your customers wait until the last moment!

If this was a company like Microsoft or Electronic Arts we would have a press release weeks before release.

If Vstep cares about its customers then they should make up with the customer inconveniance of selling them a alpha version of their game and delaying updates by adding even more extra content!

Well said. Normally i'd stick up for VSTEP and we're all normally patient people here but this time I agree with you about PR. And i have to say  I am disppointed sadly.

EDIT: Still nothing about this on the shipsim sight.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2007, 14:30:36 »

Well said. Normally i'd stick up for VSTEP and we're all normally patient people here but this time I agree with you about PR. And i have to say  I am disppointed sadly.

I can understand that and I also know that many of you feel exactly the same way.  All I can do is apologise for this situation and again reassure you that as soon as the patch is ready to be released, it will be :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Wetwarev7

• Forum member
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2007, 14:32:26 »

Again, an unfortunate and unavoidable situation.  I have no doubt that Vstep are working tirelessly to release this patch as soon as is humanly possible.  I know waiting is not nice, but as I said previously, it will be worth the wait :)

Regards.

DJM.

Heh...Nice flak jacket DJM

Deliverer of bad news, AND cannon fodder  :P No wonder you chose a Matrix avatar!

I'm disappointed the patch isn't coming out today. I was hoping to mess around with the mission editor before I went out of town  :-[
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 14:35:37 by Wetwarev7 »
There are 10 kinds of people. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2007, 14:36:07 »

Heh...Nice flak jacket DJM

Deliverer of bad news, AND cannon fodder  :P

LOL, I have no problem answering members questions on this matter.  That's what we're here for ultimately ;)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Eelkon

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2007, 14:47:35 »

Why another two weeks. >:(
the release was today isn it?

Greetz,

Eelkon

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2007, 14:49:45 »

Why another two weeks. >:(
the release was today isn it?

Greetz,

Eelkon

As I stated in my first post, the release is delayed for development purposes :)

Regards.

DJM.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2007, 15:13:02 »

Hey guys calm down a bit. I'm sure VSTEP want to release this patch as much as you do, means a break for them  :P

But seriously I'm sure they are working hard to get this patch released. Sometimes things don't go to plan and that can't be helped. I agree with the fact that they should not have published the release date too early and letting us know at the last minute.

Just wait..
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Ship Sim

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2007, 15:16:34 »

Know I dont want the patch to come. That means that i only have a fiew weeks tilll summer vaycation is over and school starts back. :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:(

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2007, 15:22:30 »

I have had experience before with a "company" that released a film, it was never on time and could be several months late (sequals) where they almost each week promissed a release date and never cept it. There was also this game I wated for, I think it's till this day more then 2 years late and they also promise that it will be released a certain date but never is. So I'm a really patient person nowadays, I wasn't that suppriesed and more or less already made it clear that it would not be released. But I'm still always dissapointed and will always be. I remember something simular happend to 2006 version aswell. I do agree however that it is bad that a company release news on a delay the same day it was to be released. That's just plain ignorant. I'm refering to the whole company and don't hold the messanger accountable for this ignorance! ;)

On the other hand, VSTEP is the best company when it comes to listening to the players, I know game developers that never listens and just realease a game thats worse then the one before it, and then complains that they are losing sales because "fans" leave them and are ungreatful. The company name starts with Nova.....

So I will defenetly forgive Vstep for this misshap as I know that they are doing this for me as a gamer and that is just not something that happens alot. Only other manufacurer/publisher I felt cared about me as a gamer and consumer is DICE AB/EA Games with their Battlefield series!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 15:28:49 by AlexKall »
[MPSS]AlexKall

Wetwarev7

• Forum member
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2007, 15:24:13 »

I allways like watching these things unfold....

If the patch is delayed, the community revolts.

If the patch is released with bugs, the community revolts.

If a patch were ever released on time with no bugs, I'd revolt.  :D
There are 10 kinds of people. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Aaron1927

• Forum member
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2007, 15:25:34 »

Here is what I'd love the patch or any future addon to fix.

To hear my footsteps as I bob up and down the deck like in SS2006
Stop shaking camera when walking on the deck of Titanic
To hear the creaks of the wooden and steel decks groan as the ship sways side to side
To fix a lighting or shadow glitch that's on the right side of the whole length of the Titanic

(Big projects)
Mission Editor
Multiplayer
Lights on ships at night
Morse Code missions
Ship Creator/Designer

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2007, 15:26:43 »

As I stated in my first post, the release is delayed for development purposes :)

Regards.

DJM.

I will rather wait another 14 days and have the perfect patch that solves all problems, than have a patch that, later on, needs to be patched. (With this delay it will be perfect, right?  ;D  ) Maybe there will be something extra to compensate for the wait  ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2007, 15:30:36 »

I will rather wait another 14 days and have the perfect patch that solves all problems, than have a patch that, later on, needs to be patched. (With this delay it will be perfect, right?  ;D  ) Maybe there will be something extra to compensate for the wait  ;D

Any issues that need addressing are being worked on as we type :)

As far as 'something extra', I can't tell you any more than I have, the patch details we will be informed about when the time is right ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2007, 15:32:38 »

I hope that's the case. They might be doing something major that they didn't put on their site   ;D

I think the suggestions above are bang on. I'd also love these implemented on the sim.

AlexKall: I see what you mean by what you said, although didn't VSTEP release SS08 download early? I can't quite remember.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2007, 15:44:36 »

Hey guys calm down a bit. I'm sure VSTEP want to release this patch as much as you do, means a break for them  :P

But seriously I'm sure they are working hard to get this patch released. Sometimes things don't go to plan and that can't be helped. I agree with the fact that they should not have published the release date too early and letting us know at the last minute.

Just wait..

I can't calm down! I was practically craving for the mission editor :'(

Poncho

• Forum member
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2007, 15:56:13 »

;D

Some comments make me laugh!
Just relax guys!! 2 weeks is not that much... just dont keep on thinking about that!!!  ;)

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2007, 16:55:27 »

;D

Some comments make me laugh!
Just relax guys!! 2 weeks is not that much... just dont keep on thinking about that!!!  ;)

You are right. After all 2 weeks is only 14 days, or 336 hours, or 20160 minutes or 1209600 seconds but who is counting.  ;D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2007, 16:59:23 »

You are right. After all 2 weeks is only 14 days, or 336 hours, or 20160 minutes or 1209600 seconds but who is counting.  ;D

Not you of course  :D

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2007, 17:06:46 »

I hope that's the case. They might be doing something major that they didn't put on their site   ;D

I think the suggestions above are bang on. I'd also love these implemented on the sim.

AlexKall: I see what you mean by what you said, although didn't VSTEP release SS08 download early? I can't quite remember.

If I wrote 2008 it was supposed to say 2006, I think there was a patch annouched that was delayed, but it might be a déjavu thing going on  ;)

Quote from: Shipaddict

I can't calm down! I was practically craving for the mission editor

There is (or atleast was) nothing regarding the mission editor being released in the first patch, it's said to be released as a seperate download, which means that it's unlikley that it will be released as of the first patch, but who knows.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 17:11:51 by AlexKall »
[MPSS]AlexKall

bowie

• Forum member
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2007, 17:10:52 »

well just as long as the patch fixes major problems with the game im not that bothered about waiting as long as its worth it...what i dont understand is why vstep didnt take an extra 2 weeks to 'finetune' the actual game so that there would be no need for this patch...

cant wait for it though
 :)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2007, 17:12:26 »

If I wrote 2008 it was supposed to say 2006, I think there was a patch annouched that was delayed, but it might be a déjavu thing going on  ;)

There is (or atleast was) nothing regarding the mission editor being releast in the first patch, it's said to be released as a seperate download, which means that it's unlikley that it will be released as of the first patch, but who knows.

Hmm... I think we're both getting confused. Must be all this work and no play  :D

Trip4x4

• Forum member
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2007, 17:33:38 »

I'm actually quite thankful that VStep has delayed the release of this patch - a lot of companies set a time and date, and, if they realize they can't deliver a good product in time, they cut corners where they can, which results in some people not being able to use their product. Personally speaking, I've had experience with rushed releases, and I can say this from experience: The bugs that suddenly show up after a rushed release seem to never end, and the complaints from them, seem to follow suit shortly thereafter.

Perhaps P.R. could have made an official press release, but, they didn't. Furthermore, we still received the same information, just not in a press release. I'm satisfied with that.

VStep, thank you for doing a good job, and not cutting corners.

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2007, 17:43:49 »

Hmm... I think we're both getting confused. Must be all this work and no play  :D

Yes it must be, my memory do fail me once in a while so I might defenetly and even might be likley that I am wrong in that aspect. It's not important, I can't blame them, it is complex to make a game perfect, actually it's impossible even with testing sessions. I could never pull of doing anything when it comes to game design. I will always however be disapointed when it's not released when told and I'm sure it's because I love this game and want it perfect in the first minute I get it, I'm impatient when it comes to getting an ordered product on mail, electronicly because I'm looking forward to it so much. So sorry to Vstep if I was to harsh as I know nothing when it comes to making a game. I program PLC's so I know that no program is perfect at first face, it takes tinkering and fine tuning for some time after the "product" (in my case it's a program for a machine most often) has been released and it doesn't always come on time either!

Wow I made a 180 degree turn in this thread  :o
[MPSS]AlexKall

CubanSailor

• Forum member
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2007, 17:46:08 »

Thats f*****g b******t. Bad corporate ethics. If you say August 17th, I expect August 17th.

Don't come and tell me last minute you cant release it.

bad BAD move VSTEP. I'm doubting your commitment to this product.

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:09:23 by [RWP]DJM »

Trip4x4

• Forum member
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2007, 17:47:27 »

Thats [censored] [censored]. Bad corporate ethics. If you say August 17th, I expect August 17th.

Don't come and tell me last minute you cant release it.

bad BAD move VSTEP. I'm doubting your commitment to this product.

I'd doubt commitment if they released a shotty product. So far, this further proves that they are very committed, in my mind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines