Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:40:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268500 times)

Ballast

• Global Moderator
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2007, 17:50:19 »

The patch should better be right...  >:( :(  :'(
It's the crew that makes the difference

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2007, 17:55:53 »

Thats f*****g bull****. Bad corporate ethics. If you say August 17th, I expect August 17th.

Don't come and tell me last minute you cant release it.

bad BAD move VSTEP. I'm doubting your commitment to this product.

I sure hope a moderator reads your post and removes it. There is no need for language and even a post like that. If you have something to say, say it in a polite way. I do not contribute to these forums to see people slagging other people off and I'm sure other people don't also. Children read these forums and I don't think you should be using language like that.

If you feel this way about VSTEP and the game, then why bother playing it at all and contributing to the forums in this manner?

Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Trip4x4

• Forum member
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2007, 17:59:52 »

I sure hope a moderator reads your post and removes it. There is no need for language and even a post like that. If you have something to say, say it in a polite way. I do not contribute to these forums to see people slagging other people off and I'm sure other people don't also. Children read these forums and I don't think you should be using language like that.

If you feel this way about VSTEP and the game, then why bother playing it at all and contributing to the forums in this manner?

I don't know why, but I get a kick out of people who have absolutely no idea how much work goes into scripting and coding, and then, they complain when it isn't exactly what they want.

Folks, this isn't something that you can just learn overnight, coding software takes thousands if not hundreds of thousands of hours to properly compile and have a solid working copy. Then, take into account, that certain parts of the coding will interfere with another part, and, in order to resolve this, something has to be completely re-written in order for it not to be in conflict with something else. This isn't easy, and for VStep to be putting the effort into fixing it, rather than just releasing it, is why I say the delay proves that they are committed to a high-quality release.

Just a note - A "part" of a script, can easily be well over 1,000,000 lines long. It's entirely possible that ShipSim has a billion, or more, lines of code to make it work.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:01:23 by Trip4x4 »

CubanSailor

• Forum member
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2007, 18:03:04 »

If a mod "deletes" my post. That would be censorship.

I think I have the right to say what I want, aslong as it's within reason. Im simply displaying my opinion.

Hudizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2007, 18:04:06 »

Hahaha, that language must be the norm for him  :D

I love it when that happens.

Anyway, I guess it's all for the best. Not everyone can keep promises to such a degree. They said the 17th, but it just wasn't ready. It's a similar reason to why I myself do not make "promises" for certain dates and such.

But I think it does show commitment. If they weren't committed to making a good game, don't you think that they would just rush it out and do a really half-a**d job? I don't think so.
Now take Maxis, for example. Their games are usually pretty good. Yeah, there are some bugs, as NO game is without bugs, but they are still pretty good. They don't RUSH out every release like other companies. In fact, I'm sure that's why SPORE won't be released till' next year. They want to make it a good game!
And so, VSTEP wants to make SS08 a good game too!
"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is.. Never try." -Homer Simpson-

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2007, 18:07:23 »

I think I have the right to say what I want, aslong as it's within reason. Im simply displaying my opinion.

Yes but there is no need to use language like that!!  :(

You can express your opinion without using fowl language!!
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2007, 18:11:44 »

Zzzzzzzz. waiting waiting. Sukk  My wife are on work , my child are in bed. And i are waiting for the patch. Over powered on coffe and smoke. :) ARGH i c it now.  :(  bad bad bad.   wait 2 more weeks, yeah and after 2 more weeks, we must wait 2 more weeks,  :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:15:31 by dragongfx »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2007, 18:13:58 »

Your post hasn't been deleted, it has been altered though.  The following statement is from the forum rules, which we are all required to follow:

Profanity
Offensive language is unacceptable. A simple rule to follow is: "when in doubt, leave it out." You don't have to use excessive profanity to get your point across, and it's usually better to avoid it altogether. Profanity in posts will be edited out. Repeat offenders or those who use excessive profanity may lose the privilege to post on the forum.

Just a friendly reminder there ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2007, 18:14:57 »

I don't know why, but I get a kick out of people who have absolutely no idea how much work goes into scripting and coding, and then, they complain when it isn't exactly what they want.

Folks, this isn't something that you can just learn overnight, coding software takes thousands if not hundreds of thousands of hours to properly compile and have a solid working copy. Then, take into account, that certain parts of the coding will interfere with another part, and, in order to resolve this, something has to be completely re-written in order for it not to be in conflict with something else. This isn't easy, and for VStep to be putting the effort into fixing it, rather than just releasing it, is why I say the delay proves that they are committed to a high-quality release.

Just a note - A "part" of a script, can easily be well over 1,000,000 lines long. It's entirely possible that ShipSim has a billion, or more, lines of code to make it work.

I don't see why you quoted me lol. I fully understand the amount of work involved in creating a game such as this one and I give credit to the guys over at VSTEP. They have done an excellent job in creating such a great sim.

I myself build websites for a living and know to a certain extent how long it can take to code something, some of my sites have bugs and it can take a fair while to fix them.

Hudizzle: I agree with your comments. This does show that VSTEP are committed to the game. I don't mind bugs in a game (unless of course it's unbearable to play) as long as they come out with a patch. Thing is, VSTEP are not only releasing a patch, but are also adding more functionality to the game so really you're getting more than just a few bug fixes.

..and I can't wait until Spore is released. Looks like a brilliant game!   ;D

Jazz

• Forum member
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2007, 18:16:11 »

Your post hasn't been deleted, it has been altered though.  The following statement is from the forum rules, which we are all required to follow:

Profanity
Offensive language is unacceptable. A simple rule to follow is: "when in doubt, leave it out." You don't have to use excessive profanity to get your point across, and it's usually better to avoid it altogether. Profanity in posts will be edited out. Repeat offenders or those who use excessive profanity may lose the privilege to post on the forum.

Just a friendly reminder there ;)

Regards.

DJM.

I can't really see why "c**p" is not allowed... I mean, the only ones that could possibly take damage is two year old babies and 89 year old grannys... we have neither of those here. :P

Edited for language, DJM.  Some people find that word offensive, maybe you could type *carp* instead ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:22:09 by [RWP]DJM »

Poncho

• Forum member
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2007, 18:21:56 »

I can't really see why "c**p" is not allowed... I mean, the only ones that could possibly take damage is two year old babies and 89 year old grannys... we have neither of those here. :P

I've been moderating since 5 years ago in other forums, and "c**p" is not allowed in any of them.-
Its not a matter of ages, just of respect/politness and no offense.-

;)

Getting back to the post!,
Take it easy guys, we should all understand that no one, neither we users nor Vstep wanted to delay the patch on purpose. It should obviously happen for our benefit.-

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:24:04 by [RWP]DJM »

Wetwarev7

• Forum member
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2007, 18:30:40 »

As far as 'something extra', I can't tell you any more than I have, the patch details we will be informed about when the time is right ;)

DJM.

Am I the only one here who reads something into this statement?

If I didn't know better, I'd think we will all be pleasantly surprised when we see why the patch was delayed.....

Of course, this is how rumours get started.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:38:49 by Wetwarev7 »
There are 10 kinds of people. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2007, 18:32:34 »

2 weeks and I'll be in school and won't have time to play games. :'(

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2007, 18:33:53 »

Edited for language, DJM.  Some people find that word offensive, maybe you could type *carp* instead ;)

Bad editing DJM. It is not the word or the letters that is offending, but the meaning. If you allow CARP in stead of that other word (won't type it, I will not be edited ;D ) people will still know the meaning. So in fact you allow offending words as long as it is not spelled right, you even recommend it  ;D

[off topic ]
Oh btw: What is [RWP] in front of your name? Gaming clan?
[/ off topic ]

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:35:55 by Al Bundy »

Wetwarev7

• Forum member
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2007, 18:34:12 »

2 weeks and I'll be in school and won't have time to play games. :'(

A few years and you'll be married, and you STILL won't have time to play games.  ;D lol
There are 10 kinds of people. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2007, 18:37:24 »

Bad editing DJM. It is not the word or the letters that is offending, but the meaning. If you allow CARP in stead of that other word (won't type it, I will not be edited ;D ) people will still know the meaning. So in fact you allow offending words as long as it is not spelled right, you even recommend it  ;D

LOL, not at all, I was merely suggesting that members could avoid using the words in the first place, then there would be no problems ;)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2007, 18:40:56 »

LOL, not at all, I was merely suggesting that members could avoid using the words in the first place, then there would be no problems ;)

DJM.
Indeed ;D

You forgot this or maybe you were typing while I was editing ;D :
[off topic ]
[/ off topic ]

Jordan

• Forum member
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2007, 18:42:03 »

CubanSailer I'm with you bud.

I think it is horrible that VSTEP releases a date of a major patch to be released with features that everyone wants and then they don't give us anything. We payed for their product and when they release a date for a major patch release, they should work to their fullest to get it prepared. And if they can't prepare it in that amount of time, announce that the date has been changed, but not on the last minute ... Thats just unacceptable.

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2007, 18:47:07 »

CubanSailer I'm with you bud.

We payed for their product and when they release a date for a major patch release, they should work to their fullest to get it prepared. And if they can't prepare it in that amount of time, announce that the date has been changed, but not on the last minute ... Thats just unacceptable.

Jordan it is human to make an error. Vstep did just that but it is not a big one. You paid for the game as it is, not future patches. They come for free. Things can get delayed when unforeseen events happens.

If it is unacceptable to you what will you do?

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2007, 18:54:37 »

There is (or atleast was) nothing regarding the mission editor being released in the first patch, it's said to be released as a seperate download, which means that it's unlikley that it will be released as of the first patch, but who knows.

Please see the announcments forum. There's a post from pjotr saying "The mission editor will be released in the August 17th patch" Inside it said it was due to popular demand.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2007, 18:55:35 »

Indeed ;D

You forgot this or maybe you were typing while I was editing ;D :
[off topic ]
[/ off topic ]

I must have missed that, sorry :-[

RWP is an acronym for Real World Productions, check the Movie link in my signature ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2007, 19:00:02 »

I must have missed that, sorry :-[

RWP is an acronym for Real World Productions, check the Movie link in my signature ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Okay.  I thought it might be a gaming clan and it would have been fun to do a fun match with my clan if you played the games we did ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2007, 19:02:22 »

Okay.  I thought it might be a gaming clan and it would have been fun to do a fun match with my clan if you played the games we did ;D

It originally came from my Music Videos, but............

It is a also a gaming clan that I founded last October, as far as I know it still exists too ;)

Check the forums here ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2007, 19:04:25 »

It originally came from my Music Videos, but............

It is a also a gaming clan that I founded last October, as far as I know it still exists too ;)

Check the forums here ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Nice :)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2007, 19:08:04 »

Nice :)

The new clan information is available here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,609.0.html

This one is for Ship Simulator only, when it goes online later this year :D

Regards.

DJM.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines