Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:55:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268402 times)

markus1912

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2007, 12:19:59 »

i became now the message that the patch will released in Ca.two weeks

Nedo

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2007, 12:22:27 »

All we can do is to wait...

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2007, 13:00:42 »

I would rather to have the patches which will work properly, than them being rushed out by VSTEP developers. So I am happy to wait another 2 weeks.

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

dogman

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2007, 13:08:38 »

Hi Kevin,

I'm with you on that one.
Grandchildren are our reward for not murdering our children.

bowie

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2007, 13:19:31 »

erm where is it

bowie

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2007, 13:23:31 »

2 week what a joke oh well suppose we shall have to wait

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2007, 13:24:26 »

TWO WEEKS!? I do't beleive it. >:(

i can see the mission editor flying away on the harizon.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 13:27:46 by Shipaddict »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2007, 13:27:30 »

I'm sure we can all agree on one thing, it will be worth the wait ;)

Not too long to wait eh, 2 weeks will 'sail by' :D

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2007, 13:28:35 »

Hope so.

Poncho

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2007, 13:30:20 »

Regards.

DJM.

Totally agree!

Guys, let's wait, surely its for the best of the game and our benefit!  ;)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2007, 13:38:11 »

Guys, let's wait, surely its for the best of the game and our benefit!  ;)

I agree, surely VSTEP want the patch to be bug-free and so we should be patient and wait. I really wanted the patch to come out but I guess it will be even better in two weeks.

Patience guys...
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2007, 13:38:24 »

Just out of interest:

Is it the mission editor which needs the extra work or the sinking and other aspects of the patch.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2007, 13:41:34 »

Just out of interest:

Is it the mission editor which needs the extra work or the sinking and other aspects of the patch.

The official standpoint is that the patch needs some more work before it is complete and ready to be released.  At the moment, that's all I can tell you :)

It will be released as soon as it is ready though, be assured of that ;)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Gertjan

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2007, 13:48:36 »

I think this is bad PR, why didnt Vstep publish this information earlier on their website that the patch is delayed, i doubt that vstep came to the conclusion today that they need more time for testing.

If you want to play with the big boys then at least announce this officially as soon as its clear that a deadline is unreachable and dont let your customers wait until the last moment!

If this was a company like Microsoft or Electronic Arts we would have a press release weeks before release.

If Vstep cares about its customers then they should make up with the customer inconveniance of selling them a alpha version of their game and delaying updates by adding even more extra content!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2007, 13:53:01 »

If I could offer my own personal opinion on this ;)

To me, this is a good thing, Vstep devoting 2 more weeks to the development of this patch is a positive thing.  It shows a great deal of commitment, not just to their game development, but to us as gamers.

I personally find that very reassuring :)

Regards.

DJM.

psolk

• Forum member
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2007, 13:59:34 »

I think the issue here is not really the patch being delayed but the lack of pro-active communication.  I am sure the developers did not wake up this morning and magically decide the patch was not ready.  (especially if they are taking two weeks to finalize it).  They had to know it wasn't going to make it yesterday, two days ago, five days ago maybe...  Why not come out then and let the community know what is happening opposed to people coming on the 17th expecting a finished patch to find nothing except DJM responding to forum posts.  There is no communication from the developer and that is what is unacceptable from my perspective.  Not the release slipping but the lack of communication about it...
That is my .02,
-Paul

matrixclese

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2007, 14:04:11 »

If I could offer my own personal opinion on this ;)

To me, this is a good thing, Vstep devoting 2 more weeks to the development of this patch is a positive thing.  It shows a great deal of commitment, not just to their game development, but to us as gamers.

I personally find that very reassuring :)

Regards.

DJM.

Personally, I would find it "reassurring" if the game wasnt so broken in the first place. Maybe they should have waited 2 more weeks before releasing such a broken/unfinished game in the first place.

JD

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2007, 14:06:52 »

I just hope it will have TrackIR support or I will be dissapointed.
 A few more official freight shipping missions would be nice too. Seems there are more boat missions then ship missions.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2007, 14:07:32 »

I agree with what you are saying here Paul, lack of communication is not a good thing. Perhaps they should have let us know perhaps even yesterday. Although they did say that the patch would come out in September, so they were not wrong but should not have posted 17th August and get peoples hopes up.

matrixclese, Shipsim 08 is not broken for me  ???

I have had a couple of ships sink on me but I have found the game to be fairly stable and fine to be released. Although if they had implemented some of the new features into the game and released it later I would not have complained  ;D
Cheers,
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2007, 14:07:46 »

I'm sure you'll all agree that Vstep have kept us informed as much as possible, but they are extremely busy getting this patch ready for us all to enjoy Ship Simulator to the full extent ;)

There are most likely very good reasons why the patch was delayed, it may have been a last minute thing and it wasn't possible to inform members of the delay until now.  It is unfortunate, but nothing in life is perfect and these things do happen, wouldn't you agree?

At least we do know that the patch is still being developed, I have been involved in situations where developers have abondoned the community completely, we can rest assured that this is not happening in this case :)

As far as the 'broken game' issue, not all bugs are detectable in development or testing, again it is unfortunate, but sometimes unavoidable also.

Regards.

DJM.

matrixclese

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2007, 14:11:46 »

Well maybe im the only one with "broken" problems then...

-Ship models dissappearing
-missions crashing after 30-45 min into it

I love the game when it works, but im scared to start a long mission because i fear it will just crash in the middle of it.

Is the patch gonna address any of these problems?

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2007, 14:14:58 »

Well maybe im the only one with "broken" problems then...

-Ship models dissappearing
-missions crashing after 30-45 min into it

I love the game when it works, but im scared to start a long mission because i fear it will just crash in the middle of it.

Is the patch gonna address any of these problems?

I didn't mean to single you out here matrixclese, sorry of it seemed that way. I just have not had anything happen like you. I have had the game crash on me before but I think that was because A) I don't quite have enough RAM and B) because I kept Alt - Tab out and in to the game.

Some ship models disappear and if you walk around the ship and point the cam to the sky it starts to fly  ;D

Should all be fixed in the patch though.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2007, 14:15:35 »

Any bugs that are in the game are being addressed with the patch :)

Development of any product is a long laborious project and it takes time to get things 'just right' ;)

Regards.

DJM.

Swiglers

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2007, 14:17:23 »

Regards.

DJM.

I am not agree >:( The most schools will begin next week, and then it will go wery SLOW! :(

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2007, 14:24:02 »

I am not agree >:( The most schools will begin next week, and then it will go wery SLOW! :(

Again, an unfortunate and unavoidable situation.  I have no doubt that Vstep are working tirelessly to release this patch as soon as is humanly possible.  I know waiting is not nice, but as I said previously, it will be worth the wait :)

Regards.

DJM.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines