Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 10:18:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pride Of Rotterdam/ Hull  (Read 4628 times)

dansents

• Forum member
Pride Of Rotterdam/ Hull
« on: September 28, 2009, 21:28:49 »

Hey Guys just to let you all no. I have a interview. To work on one of these luxuary ferries. So if any of you are travelling on these Ships during the october half term then give me a shout. Im sure this will be a amazing experience soo.

Keep your fingers crossed Guys and gals..

Thanks.
Dan.

Captain Darling

• Forum member
Re: Pride Of Rotterdam/ Hull
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 21:38:56 »

Good luck Dan. Hopefully, your interview will be successful! :)
Regards,
James

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 23:23:38 »

:o Cool! Good Luck on the Interview! Dont be discouraged if you dont get the job in these times :-\ Anyways that would be great if you got the job!

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 00:18:34 »

What are you applying position are you applying for? Anyway I hope you get the job :thumbs:

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 07:51:03 »

Best of luck to you! I know there's someone that might like to meet you :thumbs:

NathanC

He's been on both ships several times, both crossings and Bridge Visits.

Good luck, anyway! ;D

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 08:00:24 »

Good luck! Should of tried the Stena Leader though  :P

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 12:30:21 »

What are you applying position are you applying for? Anyway I hope you get the job :thumbs:
There's only ONE job to apply for... Captain.

It DOES show ambition...
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Nathan|C

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 15:22:35 »

Hi Dan,

Good luck with the interview, if you get the job i'm sure you'll love it, the POR and POH are both awesome ferries and crews are brilliant and very friendly! (the bridge crew are a good laugh too)

Best of luck!  :2thumbs:

Nathan

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 07:53:47 »

Good luck! Should of tried the Stena Leader though  :P

No no, that's MINE :evil: :lol:

Just messing :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 15:37:12 »

good luck!!  :)
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

dansents

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 20:45:22 »

I also been told i could be on the Pride Of Bilbao too which i would be hapopy to be on it has i have been on it several times.

but we will see at the end of this week as to where i am.
Dan.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 11:38:02 »

I also been told i could be on the Pride Of Bilbao too which i would be hapopy to be on it has i have been on it several times.

You lucky so-and-so! I'm told many of the 'hotel' crew have managed to get helm licences by accumulating time on the bridge. If you get on this old tub, I expect you to be relief captain by the end of the season.

Nice ship... Better than those PoR/PoH short range ferries :thumbs:
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 11:42:08 »

No no, that's MINE :evil: :lol:

Just messing :lol:

Would you want to be on the Leader?  :P

Your bathtub would be more seaworthy  ;)  :lol:

(not to mention more reliable too  ::))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 11:45:07 by laganviking »
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

dansents

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 12:32:48 »

Hey People,

Just so you no. I have had a phone call to Say.

I would like to offer you a position with P&O Ferries Onboard. The position which you applied for as been filled but There is a position onboard the Pride Of Bilbao Would you be Willing to take it.

So I Said Without any hesitation. Yes.

So anyone who is onboard this Ship Over Christmas Period Please Let me no and we can have a Ball.
Dan.

Nathan|C

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 15:12:38 »

Congratulations Dan!  :2thumbs:

Hope you have a good time  ;D

Nice ship... Better than those PoR/PoH short range ferries :thumbs:

Have you ever been on POH?  :P

dansents

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 15:56:18 »

I haven't no but from what i have seen and comments it looks good.
Dan.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 17:32:06 »

Hey People,

I would like to offer you a position with P&O Ferries Onboard. The position which you applied for as been filled but There is a position onboard the Pride Of Bilbao Would you be Willing to take it.

So anyone who is onboard this Ship Over Christmas Period Please Let me no and we can have a Ball.

Congratulations Dan!!

Hopefully I'll be in your shoes in a few years time, I can't wait to start my career :2thumbs:

Best of luck, I hope you do well!

------------

Would you want to be on the Leader?  :P

Your bathtub would be more seaworthy  ;)  :lol:

(not to mention more reliable too  ::))

I certainly would want to be. In my opinion, the Leader is one of the better ships on the Irish Sea.

I went on a bridge visit to the Leader, I always watch her come in and out - And I've watched her out at sea in the past, on the boat. I know the Captain, and his family, and the ex. Second officer, who is actually coming around this evening to help me with chartwork.

Now, I may be wrong, but, Have you ever seen the Leader sail? Do you see her come in and out on a regular basis? have you ever been aboard it?

Also, Last time I checked, For the Stena Leader's age, and for the amount of time she's been on the Irish sea - She's a cracking ship. I know the ex. Second officer very well, and like both him and Captain Eccles said, she is a good old ship. In actual fact, as the second officer said himself, He was a young man when he first stepped aboard the Leader, and she's still going today. The Leader has a very clean record, and I don't know of any mis-haps on board. Some ships which are newer, such as the SeaFrance Molière, have had so many problem that it's unbelievable. They are absolutely useless.

May I ask, where do you get all this information about the Leader from???

You may think I'm over-reacting, but if I were you, I would of worded my responce differently...With evidence to back it up...
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 13:47:42 »

Hey People,

Well done Dan... The P&O flagship! (forget that talk of PoH/R being flagship, they even forgot to build the stern up on them!).

I didn't think there were any sailings over Christmas this year as its annual 'refit' (refit... refit...?) was starting earlier this year. This is a BRILLIANT ship to be on christmas day and new years day... What an atmosphere. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 13:51:40 »

Some ships which are newer, such as the SeaFrance Molière, have had so many problem that it's unbelievable. They are absolutely useless.

Hijack,

What problems has Molly had then? Apart from teething issues which any ship will encounter when undergoing a massive refurbishment.

Molly is a lovely old tub to sail on. Even if she is owned by seachance...

Nathan|C

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 14:27:48 »

Molieres thrusters have broken down a few times now, she has had a few electrical failures too IIRC...

She's ruined Seafrance really, they should of spent there money refurbishing those lovely old ships instead of dumping them in Dunkerque and spending their money on Moliere. Trouble with Moliere is, she's really not a cross channel ferry, the amount of good comments she got when she was doing Rosyth - Zeebrugge..

By the way, Bilbaos charter to P&O ends soon, remember Viking own the ship...and Stuart, Bilbao may be an fantastic ship to sail on, which i'm sure she is, but the POH and R are great too  :thumbs:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 16:51:55 »

Hi Nathan

I think SeaChance has had far 'deeper' problems that go much further back than the acquisition of Molly. They are losing 2.5-3.5 (depends on who you ask) million quid per month! and are being bankrolled by the French government... So much for the free market and EU ban on state aid (if that had happened to sealink then the EU would have nuked Britian, but I digress).

I'm going to guess that Manet/monet (I can never remember which it is) and Renoir, whilst nice old ships, were probably becoming too old to maintain at a cheap price. Also, I suspect the latest safety regulations were becoming challenging to adhere to with older ships.

Viking does not own Bibao and hasn't since 1994. It was sold to Irish shipping Group and leased to PO. Its charter is ALWAYS ending soon, then renewed. They have released the 2010 sailing itinery, so presumably it is still in use next year- there is no mention of any newbuilds on order and I suspect a replacement won't be easy to source second hand!

PoH/R are undoubtedly great ships (I haven't sailed on them, just been on them in port)... But they will have to go a long way to gain the fame of PoBi... Shouldn't someone remind the builders of PoR/H that they forgot to build up the stern ;D

Nathan|C

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 17:02:44 »

How did you get on the POR/H without sailing?  ???

Going a little off topic here, but what are the cabins like on Bilbao?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 17:08:01 »

How did you get on the POR/H without sailing?  ???
I put on a white uniform, made everyone salute me and told them I was the new fleet Commodore.

Going a little off topic here, but what are the cabins like on Bilbao?
Basic, but clean, functional. VERY good heating and aircon! (esp. lower decks, aft). In truth compared to a modern ship like PoH/R they are a little basic, but how much time do you spend in them? All I ask for cabin-wise is a big sign that says "push here" on the door and another that says "fall here"... Blame the combination of Galax bar (PLEASE do NOT call it 'Silverstones'), high strength Stella or 1664 and se air.

The cabins on deck 10 are somewhat more sophisticated and at one time you could get a butler, but not now... damned irritating.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 13:21:21 »

Molieres thrusters have broken down a few times now, she has had a few electrical failures too IIRC...

She's ruined Seafrance really, they should of spent there money refurbishing those lovely old ships instead of dumping them in Dunkerque and spending their money on Moliere. Trouble with Moliere is, she's really not a cross channel ferry, the amount of good comments she got when she was doing Rosyth - Zeebrugge..

By the way, Bilbaos charter to P&O ends soon, remember Viking own the ship...and Stuart, Bilbao may be an fantastic ship to sail on, which i'm sure she is, but the POH and R are great too  :thumbs:

The Irish Continental Group own the Bilbao  ;)

Lucky you Dan  :thumbs:

Hope it works out well :thumbs:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 16:55:22 »

What do you think, TFM/TMF/MFI

What is your prediction for the Bilbao route? It seems every year both the route and vessel are on their last year?

I was told by a pursor (steve????) that ICG want it back to be used for Ireland/Europe services... I doubt that there is a ship available which they could charter to replace it as the last 'spare' they had, the Aquitaine, is now well and truly sold.

Anyway, PO really need to get their act together onboard... They have a captive audience, but do not take advantage of it and don't part people from their money very well...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines