Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 10:16:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pride Of Rotterdam/ Hull  (Read 4626 times)

Nathan|C

Re: Pride Of Rotterdam/ Hull
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 17:06:02 »

Speaking of the Aquitaine, she is coming back to Dover to work for LD, apparently...

dansents

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 17:15:14 »

What do you think, TFM/TMF/MFI

What is your prediction for the Bilbao route? It seems every year both the route and vessel are on their last year?

I was told by a pursor (steve????) that ICG want it back to be used for Ireland/Europe services... I doubt that there is a ship available which they could charter to replace it as the last 'spare' they had, the Aquitaine, is now well and truly sold.
                                                                 "That's Why im going onboard"
Anyway, PO really need to get their act together onboard. ^^  They have a captive audience, but do not take advantage of it and don't part people from their money very well...

well thats funny you should say that. I was also speaking to P&O H.R Manager directly And have said there is going to be no closure of  the Portsmouth Route Nor any News on a new ship to be built.

Just remember during this Hardship of a difficult situation (Credit Crunch) P&O Ferries Can't afford to be going out and splashing out on a Brand new ship. All the staff hired to work on the ships are now mainly hired Via a Marine Agency.

Dan.

Nathan|C

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 17:19:52 »

P&O have already splashed out on two brand new ships in fact  :doh:

dansents

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 17:23:40 »

That was Last year tho lol. Not while in a crisis
Dan.

Nathan|C

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 17:26:46 »

I guess Bilbao is too good to loose. It seems a very popular ship and if it ain't broke, don't fix it, in other words if it's doing ok, there is no reason to replace it with a new ship  :doh: I bet Irish Ferries are frustrated, they bought the ship a decade ago and they haven't used it yet..

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 17:28:39 »

Yep the Spirit is die in November time...

What do you think, TFM/TMF/MFI

What is your prediction for the Bilbao route? It seems every year both the route and vessel are on their last year?

I was told by a pursor (steve????) that ICG want it back to be used for Ireland/Europe services... I doubt that there is a ship available which they could charter to replace it as the last 'spare' they had, the Aquitaine, is now well and truly sold.

Anyway, PO really need to get their act together onboard... They have a captive audience, but do not take advantage of it and don't part people from their money very well...

Future of Bilbao... Toughy that.

Firstly is the problem of Replacement tonnage, is there an availble ship suitable for the route...

Also With Brittany Ferries now operating a Portsmouth-Spain Service, is the route as profitable now?

Sadly, I think that the Bilbao is on its final term, and probably won't be renewed in Contract.

You say ICG want it back...

Could we be seeing a Ireland-Spain service maybe...? She isn't suited for the current routes, I think.

I think P&O will probably try to keep a Port-Bilbao service though

dansents

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 18:03:51 »

Anyway. Its Still in operation now. So thats all that matters.
Dan.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 18:08:56 »

Anyway. Its Still in operation now. So thats all that matters.

Exactly

Sorry, didn't mean to start creating any worry, this should be a happy time for you

dansents

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 18:11:12 »

Exactly

Sorry, didn't mean to start creating any worry, this should be a happy time for you

No worry Created lol. I would of just been transferred upto the Hull Services instead.
Dan.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 15:36:22 »

Nathan, I think her Wartsila diesels are getting on in years now- not necessarily broken, but somewhat smokey...

I think Irish are quite happy- they've made back FAR more money than they bought the ship for in the first place.

IIRC (TFM correct me if I am wrong) PO DID own PoBI briefly before selling to ICG and leasing back.

Just remember during this Hardship of a difficult situation (Credit Crunch) P&O Ferries Can't afford to be going out and splashing out on a Brand new ship.

You forget that PO is now owned by one of the richest organisations in the world...
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 17:27:11 »

Nathan, I think her Wartsila diesels are getting on in years now- not necessarily broken, but somewhat smokey...

I think Irish are quite happy- they've made back FAR more money than they bought the ship for in the first place.

IIRC (TFM correct me if I am wrong) PO DID own PoBI briefly before selling to ICG and leasing back.

You forget that PO is now owned by one of the richest organisations in the world...

So was the QE2...According to www.faktaomfartyg.se

http://www.translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.faktaomfartyg.se%2Folympia_1986.htm&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=

It looks like the Bilbao wasn't owned by P&O...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 17:29:24 by The Ferry Man »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines