Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 10:13:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 16967 times)

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
Thank You
« on: February 22, 2009, 18:09:22 »

Ahoy Ship(sim)mates
I know there are a lot of people around here who will help You and Me and everybody with all kind of stuff, And most of the time people do appreciate it, but sometimes just forget to say Thank You to that person.
So, for starters, I will give a big Thank You  :thumbs: to Tore, aka TJK for making me that signature I'm using right now.
Further a big Thank You to Marty (mmvsmith). Due to his straight critics he put me right where I belonged at my first mont's on this Forum. In the beginners-league, and out of the masterclass where I thought I belonged in.
Thanks to all Guys and Gals on this Forum, and again a special one to Carl.
Without his help on certain subjects I'm sure SS08 was gone the way of all other sims I bought. Into the big shoebox and ready for the fleamarket.
I'm sure I forgot a mass of people, but One of them is unforgettabla.
Yes, Terry, I'm reffering to You. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to meet You 'In the Flesh ;D ' and the wonderfull hours we spent together.
And last but not least: Thank You, Dana, for Your nice company and for Your courage walking me and my wife to the Tramway in that Icy eve. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 16:47:11 by Aad The Pirate »
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

TerryRussell

Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 18:37:04 »

Thank you, Aad for taking the time to meet me and walk me round Rotterdam.

Thanks to you and your wife for the pleasant conversation and kindness you showed to Dana and myself during our visits.

Thanks, Fred for all of the fun and hard work!

Thanks, Luc for all of your hard work with the vessels.

Thanks Marty for your keen wit and precise observations, and for all the hard work you put in behind the scenes.

Thanks Traddles, Sadsid, HughGammon, DesHealey, Rooster24 for the work that you all put in here, behind the scenes.

Thanks Nathan and Trains and IrishJack and Minime and TJK and Gloat and Agent|Austin and ShipAddict and Saltydog and Llamalord and Pauljanaway and CaptainMike1 and RMS Gigantic and Kevinmcg_ships and Dave M and Maritiem and RMS Canada and Diamant and Firestar and JHB and J3nsen and Moonrider and Steiny and RMS GreatBritain and Ballast and bbydino05 and mr Robville and Person264 and The Captain for all of your posts. Often thought provoking. Sometimes funny but always entertaining.

Sorry to the people I forgot. This list was just "off the top of my head".

Gosh, sounds like an exit speech.  :'(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 23:09:07 by TerryRussell »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 19:15:48 »

Yes, thankyou Tore for my signature also, very kind person :thumbs:

Thanks to all the moderators and administrators for all their efforts on the forum, and giving up their free time.

I'd especially like to thank Terry and Fred, Terry for sorting out everything with the creators forum etc. and For helping sort out that Virus I had on my computer! Wouldn't have gone without your help :)

And Fred, for involving me in his project (Steam Tug), which I am delighted to help with :) And for being a great (past moderator) And Administrator, that goes for Terry too ;D :thumbs:

And Thankyou very much to Carl, for all his help in the past, and I hope that his health issues sort themselves out in the near future :thumbs:

I'd like to thank the developers for producing a cracking game, which I spend most of my time on! The forum, and the simulator itself ;D

I'd also like to thank all my friends here, well, you all are my friends :) I'd especially like to thank the following:

ShipAddict-For helping tremendously with Sketchup, Kerkythea etc. as well as being a cracking friend ;D :lol:

NathanC-For being a great friend, all the stuff he's done for me, so much I can't list!

Carl ov Plymouth-Great friend behind the scene's, always host's the server "Brittany Ferries" For us to use :thumbs:

Ballast-Great friend, and a genuine person :thumbs:

Saphire-All those MP memories ;D Had a great time.

Fox-Used to be at the Marseille server every day, with the Vermaas, great fun towing :thumbs:

Rafax- (Although not sure if he is around now :'() For all those cracking MP days at Marseille

MH1-Genuine person, and a decent friend!

The Captain-A nice person to talk to, a great friend :)

RMS Great Britain-I remember when you first came here hehe, saw you on MP :) Genuine person! ;D

TJK-For making all those signature's for me, the one I have now will always stay ;D :thumbs:

Sorry if I haven't listed all of you hehe, Your all great people, great community, Wouldn't feel the same if any one of you left!

;D :lol:

Kind Regards,
Jack
p.s. not forgetting, Terry and Fred are my friends too as well as being administrators :)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 19:18:50 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TJK

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 19:51:27 »

HI all members of shipsim forum  ;) Haw's not been a forum at all.
Yes i haw made allot of sigs here now, and if someone need one i will never say no to you, but i haw a life outside also  ;D so it can take some time but all will get one.
And to TERRY RUSSEL i will say if i hurt you in the topic i made, was not meaning to, i toot you know ed me so long no,  :( little unlucky for that OK  then weary unlucky  ;) you are a great guy
DJM or as wee as know him CARL sorry he is not here with us in the forum any more miss him. But then wee haw Fred and Terry's  humor ???? ;) Fred as a weary god friend,  and i cant forget evisse(EriK)the best friend you can get and we haw Eric also tank you to you all
So Tank you all then i haw not forgot someone
All the best from TJK
TJK_Tore
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 19:58:31 by TJK »

firestar12

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 20:01:49 »

Thank you, to everyone around here who has helped me, Thank you to the moderators and admins like fred and terry, who, encourage me to get all my projects done. Thank you. Everyone here is a big help. This place is kinda like a small city you know?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 20:40:32 »

I would want to thank you all for not thanking me for nothing I didn't thank.

Edit: Fine

Fred - For always being there in my ups & downs

Carl - For being one of my best friends everr.

Tore - We have put aside or differences and no longer fight. ;D

Master Captain - FV Northwestern fan, been friends ever since, going to meet this summer

ShipAddict - I love your [jokes] about me being Mr. Sad & "one of the most modest people I've had the misfortune to meet"

I guess that is really all the main things, thank you everyone else for making this forum what it is!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 20:43:45 by Agent|Austin »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 20:52:39 »

I only noticed my name up there on the list, thanks Terry!  :thumbs:

This is a great online community too, I have seen a lot of people wanting to help each other if someone has a problem, or just want to share good practices ("How to Build Your Own Controller" and tutorial threads are  good examples) or even share jokes in Small Talk. Also picture of the month is a nice way of sharing everyone's love of ships, whether it's a screen grab from ShipSim or photos of real ships.

Keep up the good work guys - I've often found this forum to be the only sane place in this crazy world (or should that be vice-versa ?!  ;D ;))

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

TJK

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 20:57:12 »

I only noticed my name up there on the list, thanks Terry!  :thumbs:

This is a great online community too, I have seen a lot of people wanting to help each other if someone has a problem, or just want to share good practices ("How to Build Your Own Controller" and tutorial threads are  good examples) or even share jokes in Small Talk. Also picture of the month is a nice way of sharing everyone's love of ships, whether it's a screen grab from ShipSim or photos of real ships.

Keep up the good work guys - I've often found this forum to be the only sane place in this crazy world (or should that be vice-versa ?!  ;D ;))

Kev
Sorry kev i forgot you, therefor i sad thanks to all on the forum, then nobody was forgotten But Tanks to you to KEV ;)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 21:16:08 »

Ok here we go:

I'd like to thank the developers, because if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be here to say thank you :)

A massive thanks to Fred and Terry for keeping this forum running like clockwork.

IRI5HJ4CK for being a great friend and for his great humour ;D

Carl ov plymoth, for being a grand old bean.

NathanC for being NathanC

Ballast for some great fun on SS MP, a really great person to play with :)

I'm going to thank Austin because he thanked me.

Tore, for some great sigs hes made for over time, and whos a very nice chap :)

Carl of course, who has been an excellent friend and has helped the community tremendously :)

The Captain, a great help on my forum.

JamesD and MC, two great people.

And everyone I know :P

Thats me done.

Sounds like some speech for an oscar award ::)

Ballast

• Global Moderator
It's the crew that makes the difference

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 22:10:05 »

WTH!!

meaning; Wow, Truly Heartwarming!!!  ;D

My very best regards and many many thanks to all of you aswell! I'm not going to name names, because then I would surely forget someone. It's great to be part of this community and a priviledge to serve!!!   :thumbs:

TerryRussell

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 22:11:05 »

I've often found this forum to be the only sane place in this crazy world

You have to be as mad as I am!

PS I forgot to say that I'd like to thank Marmite for being dark and sticky.

firestar12

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 22:31:09 »

You have to be as mad as I am!

PS I forgot to say that I'd like to thank Marmite for being dark and sticky.
What about the Anti-Marmite. It is very slippery and bright.

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 23:18:01 »

Thanks to all who have offered positive and negative words to my 3D models. It helps a lot! ;)

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 17:34:23 »

Blimey, this will be a long list: Thank you all of you, just to mention some of you, thank you to:

NathanC-for being a Great friend, had some great banter with him and some great races on PS3

Jack-for being Another great friend, superb guy

Terry-for being an Absolute legend. kind. thought provoking. intersting. intelligent. banterous. funny. great mod/admin. need I say more?

Fred-for being another legend. another great guy.

TJK-for my great sig! and being a great guy.

Gloat-another true friend. brilliant person. also very intersting.

Aad-for supplying hilarious jokes that always have me in stiches!

and to the rest of you, I thank you. for being brilliant. all of you. true freinds. Mike, jim, ballast, SD, Minime, MVsmith to name just a few. all of you are great.

thanks to Vstep for supplying us with this forum and a great game. I havnt been on here as muh recently, But all of you are always in my thoughts as the people I know who are the kindest, most helpful, funniest, intelligentist, friendliest people in the world ever. All here on this forum. THANK YOU All
and remember:

we are a great community!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 17:37:08 by RMSGreatBritain »
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 18:41:45 »

Just Thanks!!

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 19:15:22 »

Group Hug..!!!  :D ;D :D

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 20:30:59 »

Group Hug..!!!  :D ;D :D
Like this way? (plz click)
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

TerryRussell

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 20:41:18 »

Hey Fred!

RMSGB reckons we're a pair of leg-ends (I think that's what he said). Do we fit in shoes?  ;D  :evil:

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 20:43:40 »

Sorry to the people I forgot. This list was just "off the top of my head".

You forgot 34,323 people Terry.

firestar12

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 20:48:07 »

I would like to thank the people on this forum who have funny names. Like the member "Filipino Monkey" I'f you don't believe me, look.  ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 20:59:39 »

Most days I'm lucky if I remember my own name. But seriously, I'm sorry to all the people I forgot to mention.

You know who you are.

Please let me know who you are...

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 23:51:40 »

Where did you get that? At present there are 32235 members, less the ones Terry mentioned!!

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 23:54:24 »

Where did you get that? At present there are 32235 members, less the ones Terry mentioned!!

"by 34363 Members" (has went up since I did the math but only by 20 people)

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 23:55:50 »

"by 34363 Members" (has went up since I did the math but only by 20 people)

If I click 'members' on the toolbar of the forum it says showing 1-30 of 32235 members. I think you are looking at the bottom of the page which presumably includes members who have left!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 23:57:51 by CaptainMike1 »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines