Hello Guest June 21, 2024, 21:16:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Requests for Ship Sim 2009? Post here  (Read 30828 times)

raivo

• Forum member
Re: Requests for Ship Sim 2009? Post here
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2008, 18:20:52 »

Things in SS'09 needed (in my opinion)

1) Functional radar and ARPA
2) Realistic-looking, functional ECDIS (plotting, routing, etc.), containig complete navigational information (buoys, fairways, leading lights, lighthouses and beacons, racons, etc.)  
3) Autopilot (course/track control)
4) Navigation lights, vessel and deck lighting, possibility to switch it on/off
5) Buoyage, leading lights, (with additional lights)
6) Realistic vessel and water dynamics
7) Environments with several ports on the same chart, so that is possible to sail between a number of ports without switchover between two or more environments
8) Wawe height not restricted at the coastal sailing areas
9) More large vessels and environments
10) Improved AI
11) Tides and currents
12) Advanced mooring system
13) Detailed bridge interior, possibility to switch on/off lighting on the bridge
14) Possibility to change weather during the simulation
15) All berths equipped with mooring boulders
16) Improved mission redactor

I know, that is very hard to do it all, but with that all functions game will be a real navigation simulator! :)
raivo, able seaman

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2008, 18:40:10 »

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
Now that is a LONG list! If we could see all that in the game,  :o :o :o the game would be REALLY cool! :o
I think of some stuff when I play, but when I get here I don't remember anything... :( :P
What should I write here?

firestar12

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2008, 20:48:51 »

To add on another thing, We should have More realistic waves, and the waves' height restriction to be higher. We all know VSTEP is perfectly capable of creating realistic waves. But do they want us to have them?

mvsmith

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 21:10:06 »

You are absolutely right firestar,

In the weekly Developers Newsletter they keep saying “Let the little *****s scream their ***** heads off. We are going to keep those 20 meter waves just for our own private versions.”
Actually, I don’t think you are missing that much. I find that if I crank the height much over 16 meters Javelin has a tendency to broach to and capsize.
Marty

firestar12

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2008, 21:15:42 »

You are absolutely right firestar,

In the weekly Developers Newsletter they keep saying “Let the little *****s scream their ***** heads off. We are going to keep those 20 meter waves just for our own private versions.”
Actually, I don’t think you are missing that much. I find that if I crank the height much over 16 meters Javelin has a tendency to broach to and capsize.
Marty

You have Javlen? And did VSTEP really say that? If so it makes me feel like they hate us and are after just money (That part might be true)

mvsmith

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2008, 22:42:14 »

I wish I knew who was putting whom on. Nobody can be that s…er…naïve.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2008, 22:59:25 »

firestar12,
Where on earth is your sense of humour? Did you lose it amongst all the questions?
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

firestar12

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2008, 23:24:31 »

firestar12,
Where on earth is your sense of humour? Did you lose it amongst all the questions?
OHHHHHHHH. It was a joke. Great Job Marty. You are like some computer joke guy. U are funny. (I think we should get back on topic)

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2008, 21:08:50 »

About the bigger wave thing on the forums, could there be bigger waves in shipsim09 or 10? It's because of this... Click me! and me!

firestar12

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 21:46:15 »

About the bigger wave thing on the forums, could there be bigger waves in shipsim09 or 10? It's because of this... Click me! and me!
No, well, there will be Larger Waves on 09/10 I believe, but that is NOT FOOTAGE OF IT. That was done with an illegal file edit to make them larger. So forget all about abcabcabc5000 and his videos. lol.

Hairy Harry

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2008, 16:40:30 »

i think poole and christchurch harbor would be good with brownsea island

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2008, 21:21:17 »

but that is NOT FOOTAGE OF IT.

I know it's not. I just wanted to show people some videos of what happens in waves that are way too high.

firestar12

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 21:25:14 »

I know it's not. I just wanted to show people some videos of what happens in waves that are way too high.
Wait. Are you abcabc5000?

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 21:27:30 »

NO! Just found these videos and linked to them.

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2008, 21:31:37 »

i just wanted to know if the wave system for 2008 pro is going to be used for 09

Nathan|C

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2008, 21:51:13 »

i just wanted to know if the wave system for 2008 pro is going to be used for 09

I heavily doubt it  ;) The wave system in 08 Pro puts much more pressure on the system. I even doubt SS2009 will have waves as good as 08 Pro  ;)

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2008, 21:56:31 »

I heavily doubt it  ;) The wave system in 08 Pro puts much more pressure on the system. I even doubt SS2009 will have waves as good as 08 Pro  ;)
ok thx nathan

Nathan|C

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2008, 22:08:19 »

No Problem :)

The operating requirements for waves like that are very hard, but we still have this "new weather system" in SS2009 to look forward to.

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2008, 22:25:27 »

No Problem :)

The operating requirements for waves like that are very hard, but we still have this "new weather system" in SS2009 to look forward to.
ohhhh and one more thing i wanted to know if a 2.8 ghz and a gforce 7600 graphics card would run shipsim correctly and 2 gb ram

Nathan|C

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2008, 22:27:01 »

ohhhh and one more thing i wanted to know if a 2.8 ghz and a gforce 7600 graphics card would run shipsim correctly and 2 gb ram

Well that's certainly better than my PC, and i can run it fine  ;)

So, it looks like it.

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2008, 22:28:08 »

Well that's certainly better than my PC, and i can run it fine  ;)

So, it looks like it.
ok good cause im gonna send in my pc and get it upgraded to that ohhh and wanna play mp

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2008, 21:30:19 »

Well I recived a newsletter telling me that Ship sim are going to release ship sim 2009! Yay!
They say there is going to be Tornadoes and hurricanes and stuff, unless I misred my newsletter.

But I would like to see these things all the same :) :

NOT the pride of Hull. If you look at the ship designs the Pride of Hull and the Pride of Rotterdam are virtually the same. Unless, like 2006-2008, VSTEP could add the pride of hull in instead of the pride of rotterdam. That would make a good difference. Queen Mary 2 or Queen Victoria. Maybe even the Queen Elizabeth 2 would make my day.
Olympic and the Britannic would make life a bit better.

As for environments, ISTANBUL. CERTAINLY ISTANBUL! Its the same size as Rotterdam and streches over two continents! I think ship sim 2008 have too much "Rotterdam" ships in their game.

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2008, 21:32:39 »

Things in SS'09 needed (in my opinion)

1) Functional radar and ARPA
2) Realistic-looking, functional ECDIS (plotting, routing, etc.), containig complete navigational information (buoys, fairways, leading lights, lighthouses and beacons, racons, etc.)  
3) Autopilot (course/track control)
4) Navigation lights, vessel and deck lighting, possibility to switch it on/off
5) Buoyage, leading lights, (with additional lights)
6) Realistic vessel and water dynamics
7) Environments with several ports on the same chart, so that is possible to sail between a number of ports without switchover between two or more environments
8) Wawe height not restricted at the coastal sailing areas
9) More large vessels and environments
10) Improved AI
11) Tides and currents
12) Advanced mooring system
13) Detailed bridge interior, possibility to switch on/off lighting on the bridge
14) Possibility to change weather during the simulation
15) All berths equipped with mooring boulders
16) Improved mission redactor

I know, that is very hard to do it all, but with that all functions game will be a real navigation simulator! :)

Well, maybe these ideas would do better in Ship sim 2009 PROFESIONAL instead  :D

AW Great... double posted again. Im so bad. I planned to merge this topic into the last one but then I couldnt find a delete button. If a moderator comes along... I am very sorry and if they wouldnt mind merging my two posts that would be great

Sorry!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 21:59:31 by Microsoft »

firestar12

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2008, 21:32:54 »

Well I recived a newsletter telling me that Ship sim are going to release ship sim 2009! Yay!
They say there is going to be Tornadoes and hurricanes and stuff, unless I misred my newsletter.

But I would like to see these things all the same :) :

NOT the pride of Hull. If you look at the ship designs the Pride of Hull and the Pride of Rotterdam are virtually the same. Unless, like 2006-2008, VSTEP could add the pride of hull in instead of the pride of rotterdam. That would make a good difference. Queen Mary 2 or Queen Victoria. Maybe even the Queen Elizabeth 2 would make my day.
Olympic and the Britannic would make life a bit better.

As for environments, ISTANBUL. CERTAINLY ISTANBUL! Its the same size as Rotterdam and streches over two continents! I think ship sim 2008 have too much "Rotterdam" ships in their game.

Well, Rotterdam ships makes since since VSTEP is LOCATED IN Rotterdam So they are not going to have a bunch of french ships.

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2008, 21:57:37 »

You have an exellent point there. But I would quite dissagree when you say they are "not going to make a bunch of French ships. One would get quite insulted if they are viewing from France now. (Though this is the English board) If VSTEP want to sell more ship simulators around the world they would need to even out every major country like America, England, Istanbul, France, Germany and so on.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines