Hello Guest June 15, 2024, 22:18:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Requests for Ship Sim 2009? Post here  (Read 30803 times)

firestar12

Re: Requests for Ship Sim 2009? Post here
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2008, 23:02:47 »

You have an exellent point there. But I would quite dissagree when you say they are "not going to make a bunch of French ships. One would get quite insulted if they are viewing from France now. (Though this is the English board) If VSTEP want to sell more ship simulators around the world they would need to even out every major country like America, England, Istanbul, France, Germany and so on.
Well, I wasn't Saying anything about ANY country in particular, I was just trying to point out that they are more likely to have Rotterdam ships Such as Pride of Rotterdam Because they are more easy access. Like they wouldn't want to travel across the world because some member suggested that one ship has a tiny thing wrong with it. So remember, I wasn't saying anything about any specific country, Just would like to point that out.  ;)

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2008, 13:35:51 »

Whats a google images then?

But I agreee, they cound use google images for all ships and the walkabout stuff

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

firestar12

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2008, 15:00:05 »

Whats a google images then?

But I agreee, they cound use google images for all ships and the walkabout stuff
Google Images is an Image search Engine. They wouldn't want to use that for walkthrough mode. Trust me. Half the time you can even find what your looking for. (http://images.google.com/) (You could type "Cat" Or "Kitty" If thats what you were looking for but try not to type in phrases because they search by keyword and that makes it confusing.

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2008, 17:54:43 »

Wait. Are you abcabc5000?
A little late i know but i just found this. THIS is abcabcabc5000.
What should I write here?

steve18

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2008, 20:49:45 »

How about some ferries? Like BC Ferries? Tsawwassen terminal has five berths for their main ferry termainl. Or how about passenger ferries? This way people could try docking the ferries in various conditions.

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2008, 21:32:01 »

i would like some candian ports, such as North sydney, NS,, St. Johns NFLD, Halifax NS, PEI, NB, Vancouver B|C
Regards,
Jonah

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2008, 23:39:00 »

You have an exellent point there. But I would quite dissagree when you say they are "not going to make a bunch of French ships. One would get quite insulted if they are viewing from France now. (Though this is the English board) If VSTEP want to sell more ship simulators around the world they would need to even out every major country like America, England, Istanbul, France, Germany and so on.
well accepting the fact that i am part french that does offend me

Kmetzman

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2008, 22:55:42 »

I'd like to try sailing a Great Lakes freighter in Canadian and American ports in that region. The conditions there are notoriously worse than what one would experience in salt water (save for the North Atlantic in the winter).

I agree with Kapn Jonah.
"The sea is selective; slow in recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit."

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2008, 03:10:44 »

Better sinking system. I know that sinking ships may not be interesting, but I like it. ;D ;D ;D
Ships always sink the same way.

Also when a ship capsizes, well it doesn't really i just comes back to the surface

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Kmetzman

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2008, 04:11:18 »

I would like to see differences in "loads." If I complete... say... a docking procedure involving a cargo vessel in SS09, it'd be cool to have the second leg of the voyage be a now empty vessel (riding high and having a little drag at the stern) with some current and wind situations to challenge a departure or a coastwise voyage.
"The sea is selective; slow in recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit."

andrea.alfano

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2008, 18:46:03 »

In SS 09 I'd like to see the new ships of Costa Crociere and of MSC and i'd like to see improved waves because in SS 08 they are dreadful (it isn't a joke).
From the moment that Vstep sells all dearly (from the game to the vessels in the shipyard), I demand at least that the new game will be acceptable and that the game will be a real "simulator", seeing that the last versions were not very realistic.

Regards

mvsmith

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2008, 19:09:28 »

I suggest you refrain from using the word “demand”. Neither you nor anyone on this forum can demand anything from VSTEP. They have their own vision for the simulator—for the most part, beyond the repetitive suggestions on the forum.

If you had bothered to explore the forum, you would have learned that SS 20009 will include a new sea model, and could have viewed a preview of it.

If you choose to join those who merely snipe from the sidelines rather than make any real contribution to the forum or actively take part in the improvement of the sim—as many members do, then you will eventually find yourself ignored by those who are in a position help you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2008, 20:40:46 »

There are of course numerous other threads in which people have stated what they would like to see in Ship Simulator 2008 & Ship Simulator 2009/2010.

Basically these threads include requests for just about every ship that has ever been made, many that have never been made, every port in the world, evey estuary, every lake and almost every pond and puddle.

Also just about about every possible configuration of weather condition with waves that would stretch to the moon, modified versions of the existing vessels (in almost every case, the vessel is criticised for being both too fast and too slow, as well as turning too fast and too slow by various posters, few of whom have any actual data, only "feelings").

A big hint - the Search button is easy to use. Just type a word and click that button.

andrea.alfano

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2008, 21:57:10 »

dear mvsmith, well said. As you said Vstep has its own vision of the simulation. I'm a forum member like you and like you i have the right to speak about quality and problems of the game. However maybe you misuranderstood my words. I didn't want to be arrogant and I didn't offend Vstep but those were some critical advises to improve the game in order to avoid that, at least in Italy, Vstep loses other customers. In the shop where I bought the game, Ship Simulator lies unsold. Perhaps United States (as  your flag says) and Italy have different opinions about simulation.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 22:25:27 by andrea.alfano »

lilfirefighterbailey

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2008, 23:13:55 »

Well my requests for Ship Simulator 2009 would be:

• Moorage Bollards on multiplayer (places to moore)
  • A couple more vessels, perhaps some Irish ferries but not the actual company logos and stuff
  • Port of Dover,holyhead and some minor ports/environments
  • More rescue missions ofr the likes of Me :P :D.(Rescue)
  • Snow as a weather

I think that's it from me. I have already said what i want in many other topics lol. If your so interested just look for them.

Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey
SSN Admin/Founder
Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey
SSN Admin/Founder

mvsmith

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2008, 00:36:06 »

Hi Andrea,
I don’t object to suggestions, or even criticism, if it is original and not a repetition of something said many times before on this forum.

Nor should it be about a problem that VSTEP has announced that they are addressing. They are remaking the simulator to include an entirely new ocean model. There has been information posted on that subject.

Requests for features should take into account what is actually feasible at the present stage of development of the simulator. Waves are one example. Operable locks, tides, variable draft, etc. are others that have been explained on this forum in the past.

To be blunt, the developers, alone, are the ones in a position to assess the work required to implement features and to assign priorities. They are also constrained by the requirement to keep the sim playable on computers that users can be reasonably expected to own.

I have seen very few suggestions made on this forum that the developers had not already considered, assessed, and assigned priority to. They are, after all, developers of professional training simulators for the marine and other professions.
Also, they are in Rotterdam, where there are boats—which the Dutch have been messing about in for some time.

How can you state that they are losing customers? Their sales figures certainly don’t look too shabby.
Sales in a particular country depend on the efforts of the publisher for that market, the amount of advertising and exposure, whether there is a localized version in the language, and other factors. Many prefer to purchase directly from VSTEP on-line.

Regards,
Marty
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 05:13:09 by mvsmith »

orcades

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2008, 02:49:55 »

Hello, personally I would just like to see the games present ships and harbours made more realistic, rather than add more ships and environments.

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2008, 12:18:28 »

you would have learned that SS 20009 will include a new sea model
How long will we have to wait until that game? ;D ;D ;D ;) ::)
Super fast powerboats! Yeah!

Kmetzman

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2008, 14:06:22 »

First quarter, 2009 from what I understand.

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2008, 14:15:18 »

First quarter, 2009 from what I understand.
mvsmith wrote SS 20009.
That's ~18001 years from here.
I think of stuff for the game when i'm playing, but then i don't remember anymore!

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2008, 14:17:28 »

I'm hoping they don't release it eary due to pressure because then it might not be as good as it could be, I'm prepared to wait a little longer for a better game

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2008, 14:29:06 »

I'm hoping they don't release it eary due to pressure because then it might not be as good as it could be, I'm prepared to wait a little longer for a better game
How many time is that? 18000 years? ;D ;D ;)
Ok, now i'm being annoying. Sorry Marty.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2008, 15:01:36 »

you would have learned that SS 20009 will include a new sea model,
How long will we have to wait until that game? ;D ;D ;D ;) ::)
Super fast powerboats! Yeah!

We might have Terry's

with waves that would stretch to the moon

By then!!!

mvsmith

« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2008, 15:05:06 »

How many time is that? 18000 years? ;D ;D ;)
Ok, now i'm being annoying. Sorry Marty.
That’s OK. I didn’t want to commit VSTEP to a schedule they couldn’t keep.

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2008, 16:37:14 »

Yeah, that's a good idea. ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines