Hello Guest June 16, 2024, 00:12:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Requests for Ship Sim 2009? Post here  (Read 30808 times)

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
Requests for Ship Sim 2009? Post here
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:07:13 »

Hi everyone, I'm new here. But I was just thinking about what I would like to see in the next installment of Ship Sim. Here Is what I came up with:

More Passenger ships: Alot of people are thinking the same way I think. Passenger ships is the only key part of ship sim that needs to be improved. There needs to be the great liners and cruise liners in history such as The SS Normandie (which by the way I think is the most beautiful ship ever), RMS Queen Mary, RMS Queen Mary 2, Aquitania, Freedom of the seas, P&O Ventura, SS France and Color Magic. Plus another P&O ferry that does the Dover-Calais route like the pride of kent or pride of Calais.
Now thats alot of extra ships, so I would like to see some of the ones that I dont seem to use very much gone to save space like the Arie Visser, Pilot boat, Water Taxi, Tugboat and Freedom 90.

Environments:
I'd like to see the one more environment but with some differences. First of all, I think we can drop padstow, Hamburg north sea, San francisco Pacific ocean and Marsielle Mediterraenean Sea. I would like these to be replaced by Felixstowe and Harwich (the uk's biggest and busiest containor ports and harwich is a key port for Scandinavian cruises), Miami (major port for cruise ships doing the carribean), Singapore (one of the worlds largest ports), Some of the carribean islands (For proper cruise routes of the carribean), Sydney (Massive cruise destination)

But now Its your turn to post your ideas, you never know VStep might listen.

PS: I know dropping padstow could be contriversal so what about your ideas of what we could rid of to make way for.
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

Nathan|C

Re: Requests for Ship Sim 2009? Post here
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:08:36 »

Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to see the Port of Hull.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 08:10:39 by Nathan|C »

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 08:11:03 »

Hull is a good idea, then you could do the Hull-Rotterdam line with pride of Rotterdam.

Nathan|C

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 08:12:42 »

Yes, that would be the great thing about having Hull in the game. Agile Solution would be great in Hull too, passing through the locks.

About "Dropping" the enviroments, it's likely some will be carried over and some will be scrapped. Rotterdam and Hamburg are quite popular enviroments, so i believe they will be carried over.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 08:14:40 by Nathan|C »

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 08:14:08 »

I think there should be three UK ports: Hull, The Solent, and Felixstowe/Harwich

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:34:48 »

I'd like to see more historical ships, like say a Clyde Puffer. And although i'm not a passenger liner lover, for the people that do love them, i think i'd like to see more, i suppose i have to look at it in that it gives me more to tow ;D :D

I'd also love to see the port of Fleetwood (England) and the port of Dublin (Republic Of Ireland)

I would also like to see more trawlers, and maybe some crab boats in the future, i think that is also an area v-step can expand on, but for now, I think v-step are making great progress! :)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 08:41:46 »

I've never heard of Fleetwood port (I've heard of fleetwood mac though). Is that a big port or what?.

PS: What do you think about Hull and Felixstowe/Harwich.

Nathan|C

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 08:43:02 »

I've never heard of Fleetwood port (I've heard of fleetwood mac though). Is that a big port or what?.

PS: What do you think about Hull and Felixstowe/Harwich.

Fleetwood is a port on the west coast of England, next door to Blackpool. Stena line run a Fleetwood-Dublin freight ferry service.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 08:46:18 »

Oh I see. Sounds interesting. Thanks IRI5H J4CK!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 08:56:48 »

Fleetwood has quite a history, it was once England's main fishing port, although now, its still busy, its VERY quiet now compared to years ago.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 09:39:45 »

i would like to see way more bridge control, like giving orders to the crew (just choosing an order from the menu) improved environments like when you head too open sea a few dolphins swimming beside the bow,moving cars,birds, people walking onboard and working...etc
working cranes (wich are standing onboard like the agile solution) so you can on and ofload the goods by yourself. using the lifeboat when the ship starts sinking. an alarm when the ship starts sinking. an even more realistic water structure. when it is dark that you can push a button and the ships lights up. (even the town has to have lights) fire on ships and working waterhoses on the rpa 12. some stuff like that would make shipsim much more fun too play with than just steering the ship.

ships i would like too see:

an icebreaker (kapitan khlebnikov), the pushboat that goax is making right now, the queen mary 2, a medium-sized cruiseship like the easycruiseOne, a dredger and some whole other ships that will all surprise us. some totally other ships.  ;D

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 09:59:48 »

I like your ideas maritiem, not sure about easycruise one though, I wouldn't say thats medium sized I would say thats small. Nowadays a medium sized cruise ship is like the Ocean Village or Ocean Village 2.

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 11:49:27 »

yes they are very small. well i would like too see a yacht cruiseline like the ship: seadream or easycruiseLife.
what i'am also missing is a high detailed inland cargo vessel. (also fun is the easycruiseTwo)

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 12:07:52 »

I also forgot to mention that I think that being able to lower lifeboats would be a great feature, then being able to use them. And, I also think ships sink way to quickly, I think that the ships should sink at a realistic rate of speed, then SOS's would be more realistic, thats my opinion anyway.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 12:11:02 »

I agree IRI5HJ4CK

mvsmith

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 16:23:03 »

RMSGreatBritain,
Why should any environments be dropped? You have no idea of the tremendous amount of work that is involved in making those environments. You should read what has been said on this forum about ships and environments before starting yet another topic on the same thing.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 17:31:05 »

MV Smith, I understand your comments, and you do have a point, but it depends on the size of the game. If the game can handle 3 or 4 new environments without having to drop any, then that would be awesome, ofcourse I dont want any environments to be dropped, but you have to make sacrifices sometimes. I may be wrong, VStep might not have to make any sacrifices for the next game, and if thats the case I hope I'm wrong. But I was merely making a compromise for the good of the game, and if thats offended you, then I'm Sorry.

mvsmith

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 20:08:09 »

Hi RMSGB,
It is not that easy to offend me. Driving me into a violent rage is much easier.
Environments occupy their own folders within the game, so a user can, in principle, decide which environments he has space for. Rotterdam takes about 80Mb, most other ports take about half that, and the oceans much less.
There are already a few long lists of requested environments. It would probably take VSTEP a decade to satisfy them all. They will probably give priority to the larger world ports, or those like Padstow that are different in what they offer. There is little chance of seeing ones favorite harbor, or ship, if it is much like others.
Regards,
Marty

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 20:57:25 »

I would like to see some tide features in ss09/10, that would make it very interesting especially padstow. You could have a mission where you have to finish before the tide goes out.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 21:14:28 »

Vessels:

Personaly, I would like to see one of the big SR.N4 Hovercrafts, The Princess Anne / The Princess Margaret. Also, a few more passenger ferries, such as Norfolk Lines Maersk Delft/Dover Dunkerque, and maybe a searunner class freight ferry. Also, maybe some refrigerated Cargo vessels?

Environments:

I would love to see Dover Calais/Dunkerque represented - DUnkerque also has good facilities for freight ships. Also, Hull would be nice to complete the Hull-Rotterdam voyage, as stated by others. Harwich and Felixstowe could be good as well, since we coul have vessels going from Harwich to the Hook. Also, maybe we could get an expanded Solent, with the Portsmouth Naval Base and Continental Ferry terminal included.

A tide feature is a good idea as well - especially when crossing in the Freedom 90 with a low tide, there is a great run along the pier in sand at low water.

The Ferry Man

jimmcabee

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 22:49:31 »

i would like to see voice over ip there is no contact with others on servers and for ships how about carriers and if not mentioned like the panama canal or that type would be cool as well

firestar12

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 23:41:02 »

Maybe On-Board Cranes. You could do that in multiplayer and then transfer to another ship! Maye Cars that go off your ferry when you dock, and roll on.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 08:02:30 »

Vessels:

Personaly, I would like to see one of the big SR.N4 Hovercrafts, The Princess Anne / The Princess Margaret. Also, a few more passenger ferries, such as Norfolk Lines Maersk Delft/Dover Dunkerque, and maybe a searunner class freight ferry. Also, maybe some refrigerated Cargo vessels?

Environments:

I would love to see Dover Calais/Dunkerque represented - DUnkerque also has good facilities for freight ships. Also, Hull would be nice to complete the Hull-Rotterdam voyage, as stated by others. Harwich and Felixstowe could be good as well, since we coul have vessels going from Harwich to the Hook. Also, maybe we could get an expanded Solent, with the Portsmouth Naval Base and Continental Ferry terminal included.

A tide feature is a good idea as well - especially when crossing in the Freedom 90 with a low tide, there is a great run along the pier in sand at low water.

The Ferry Man

Great ideas Ferry Man!

ABCRic

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 21:01:43 »

Better sinking system. I know that sinking ships may not be interesting, but I like it. ;D ;D ;D
Ships always sink the same way.
What should I write here?

mvsmith

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 22:30:24 »

Not always:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines