Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 00:48:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Jumbo Javelin (was: soonish...)  (Read 149125 times)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Jumbo Javelin (was: soonish...)
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2008, 20:42:56 »

Ooh, thanks :)

Nathan|C

« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2008, 21:11:53 »

If Bottman is suggesting this will be available to us through the shipyard, let me just say this;

I'm 'aving that!

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2008, 21:41:55 »

LOL, same ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2008, 22:01:32 »

Probably. He IS a Mod. And i know a few things that i dont know if im allowed to say about them and their relationship with VSTEP so ill stop there.

Now, I'm not saying I do have Javelin. But if I did, it wouldn't be because I'm a moderator. Those two events would not be linked, even though they may both exist.

Or not.

Possibly.

And if I did have it, I might say that it is indeed a worthy vessel.

Assuming I had it.

Which I might not.

firestar12

« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2008, 22:13:47 »

Now, I'm not saying I do have Javelin. But if I did, it wouldn't be because I'm a moderator. Those two events would not be linked, even though they may both exist.

Or not.

Possibly.

Assuming I had it.

Which I might not.
Very convincing terry ::)

Nathan|C

« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2008, 22:25:29 »

Or not.

Possibly.

Assuming I had it.

Which I might not.

Suspicious  ;D

I Don't know what to believe....

eggy1991

• Beta Tester
15-5-2011 21:04 - PSN Back online. Congratulations Sony Computer Entertainment !

firestar12

« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2008, 00:41:32 »

Wait. Now I dont get it either. It is FREE? According to that link it is. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE TRUTH.

eggy1991

• Beta Tester
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2008, 00:52:51 »

i dont know. i getted a link to download it but that wasn't working.

I think we have to wait. Ever i hope it comes in the shipyard of in a free update/patch
15-5-2011 21:04 - PSN Back online. Congratulations Sony Computer Entertainment !

mvsmith

« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2008, 03:00:48 »

It would seem that they are using it for recruiting. If you can convince them that you are seriously considering a career with them, and that you are someone they might consider employing, you get to play with the Javelin. I don’t know how many cabin boys they need.

firestar12

« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2008, 03:55:30 »

It would seem that they are using it for recruiting. If you can convince them that you are seriously considering a career with them, and that you are someone they might consider employing, you get to play with the Javelin. I don’t know how many cabin boys they need.
I wanna be a cabin boy! "HEY WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO"
"Uh..Pleas don.."
KABOOOOOOOOOOM

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2008, 09:14:56 »

Hmmm....Well, I think that Bottman wouldn't have the Jumbo Javelin if it wasn't going into SS08. Maybe they let him have it as a thankyou, but since he's said "It will be available for the masses" I'm starting to wonder if Beta Testing is happening.

Only time will tell.....

Jack.
p.s. been doing some detective work! :o :D translated what Bottman said in the German forum!

It hasn't turned out 100% correct, since its Google Translator, but i thought i'd try it and got these results.

"Man, this is a whole bouquet of questions!

So, you can just bridge deck and the main perpetrators. And of course the back and Schanz. Drive? Correctly suspected! In the original, the boat an retractable pod and two bow thrusters.
When? Hopefully soon! As written, there are still some fine-tuning required.
The loading and unloading is done, unfortunately, as by magic, or in other words, the vacuum tower will be sent to and from the deck gebeamt. The cranes are not taxable. Other specialized cargo is not yet available.

I like the ship is therefore very good, because it was modeled very realistically. I think the "Jumbo Javelin" still ticking even better than the "Elbe", so even the reflections on the bridge windows have been also many details on the bridge. And this drive is relatively large ship is also very good. Only the Podantrieb is only taxable on the mouse - and this is not always possible. But also because exercise makes the Masters, especially since the main drive already has sufficient power.

Wait worth it!

Gruß"

Obviously some of it dosen't make sence, but either way, thats basically what is happening!

And more translations of text further down:

"Well, there's no doubt that the "Jumbo Javelin" on the next ship at The Shipyard will belong! We create even the first missions to do so.

Gruß"

Again, some of it hasn't been translated perfect.

I'm starting to get excited! :D ;D

Jack.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:24:07 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2008, 10:05:33 »

Suspicious  ;D

I Don't know what to believe....

And if I had Jumbo Javelin, which I might not, I might be beta testing it myself.

Or maybe I'm not.

And if I did have it on my server th eother evening, which I might not have done, I might be writing missions for it.

Possibly.

Or maybe not.

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2008, 10:21:03 »

Or not.

Possibly.

Assuming I had it.

Which I might not.
And if I had Jumbo Javelin, which I might not, I might be beta testing it myself.

Or maybe I'm not.

And if I did have it on my server th eother evening, which I might not have done, I might be writing missions for it.

Possibly.

Or maybe not.

Careful you don't contradict yourself Terry!!

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2008, 10:49:37 »

Hey, what a strange discussion! I'm a  Beta-Tester - yes. And I've got the "Jumbo" for creating some missions for it's launch in The Shipyard - and other mission creators too. And we've got the permission from VSTEP's technical director (chief developer) to inform the forum about the vessel. All in all it's the same procedure as it has been with every other Beta-Version. No secrets... ::)

Best regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Nathan|C

« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2008, 11:08:28 »

Wait. Now I dont get it either. It is FREE? According to that link it is. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THE TRUTH.

That link is the training version made by VSTEP especially for Jumboship. It probably only contains the Javelin and 2 enviroments. As Bottman said in his German post and the one above, we'll get it in the shipyard  ;D (Probably for a small price though, which i never mind)

TerryRussell

« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2008, 13:06:12 »

Hey, what a strange discussion! I'm a  Beta-Tester - yes. And I've got the "Jumbo" for creating some missions for it's launch in The Shipyard - and other mission creators too. And we've got the permission from VSTEP's technical director (chief developer) to inform the forum about the vessel. All in all it's the same procedure as it has been with every other Beta-Version. No secrets... ::)

Best regards

You know I'm a tease! It's due to all the Marmite.

Or is it?

Possibly.

Or maybe not.

But seriously, Javelin is an excellent vessel. Just wandering around it will take a lot of time, never mind the missions, which I know will be entertaining and challenging. Lots of interesting places to go and interesting things to see.

I think it will be well worth the small amount of money that will be asked for it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 13:09:52 by TerryRussell »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2008, 13:42:52 »

Do you have some picture's for us Terry? If not, no worries (assuming you have her from your post?)

Thanks v-step/mods! :)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2008, 13:52:45 »

I have a question about the azipod on the aft, is it mainly for the DP system?
It's the crew that makes the difference

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2008, 14:02:16 »

Yes it is. But it's not realised for the simulation, unfortunately.. ;)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

TerryRussell

« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2008, 14:03:22 »

Do you have some picture's for us Terry? If not, no worries (assuming you have her from your post?)

Thanks v-step/mods! :)

Jack.

If you google "Jumbo Javelin", you'll find a lot of images of the real thing. The Vstep model is a pretty good model of reality.

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2008, 14:22:53 »

i have one question. is it possible to play with this ship in multiplayer?

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2008, 14:25:38 »

Of course! But it's the same as before with the other Shipyard vessels - you couldn't see them, if you don't have them. Guess, there are special servers on duty then...
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2008, 14:42:01 »

Of course! But it's the same as before with the other Shipyard vessels - you couldn't see them, if you don't have them. Guess, there are special servers on duty then...

ok thnx

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2008, 15:37:22 »

I have a question about the azipod on the aft, is it mainly for the DP system?

Here is a screenshot, showing the bow thruster in combination with the retractable azimuth thruster as parts of the DP. Well, this one isn't retractable in the game of course... ;)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines