Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 10:58:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jumbo Javelin (was: soonish...)  (Read 146428 times)

pigdog

• Forum member
Re: Jumbo Javelin (was: soonish...)
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2008, 18:52:50 »

The purpose of the simulator is to move your ship around without getting damaged  as it is in real life, otherwise any idiot could go out and captain a supertanker, the difference here in the sim is we do have idiots that sail around with the intent of sinking themselves and others in the process, if you are one of these idiots then you are probably too stupid to realise that posting your video showing a real life shipping company's vessel either in distress or sinking or not being used for it's intended purpose on the internet via youtube or any other medium outside of shipsimulator, is wrong and could lead to shipping companies taking action against you and VSTEP therefore ruining the the chance of them ever granting permission for their ships or logo's to be used again, this will also put other shipping companies off allowing models of their ships in to the sim.

What happens in the simulator including multiplayer is not on view to anyone outside of the game, so only those who have paid for the game can witness ships sinking, the minute it goes outside of this bubble I'm pretty sure that is not what the shipping companies intended when they gave permission for their vessels to be used, most shipping companies especially those who carry passengers don't even allow their crews to be seen drinking alcohol in a public place wearing any company uniform or logo even when off duty and they definitely don't like their employees posting videos of their ships or the goings on onboard their ships when crew are on or off duty, so i guess they won't be overjoyed with seeing the pride of their fleet doing flips, sinking and ramming other ships do you?

Think Idiots think!
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

TerryRussell

« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2008, 19:34:28 »

Come on chaps.

I can understand the level of frustration, but let's keep it civil, please.

admiral thomas

« Reply #327 on: November 24, 2008, 19:30:54 »

Some How it does'nt work on mine and mine is Windows Vista why won't it work????

mvsmith

« Reply #328 on: November 24, 2008, 20:30:28 »

What is it that “does not work”? What, exactly do you mean?
If you want answers to your questions, you should learn how to ask them in such a way that others can understand them. You must also ask them in the correct place.

admiral thomas

« Reply #329 on: November 25, 2008, 19:45:56 »

It says i dont have an up to date version of ship simulator 2008 i bought it not long since

TerryRussell

« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2008, 20:04:45 »

This question should be in Technical Support or General discussion, really.

But you need version 1.4.2 installed. Build 1038.

If you have any further questions, please start a new topic in the appropriate area.

See the Posting Guidelines for further information.
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,11578.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines