Hello Guest May 18, 2024, 23:17:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: game hasnt come :(  (Read 93417 times)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Re: game hasnt come :(
« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2010, 19:03:40 »

Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #251 on: September 01, 2010, 19:15:24 »

If you E-Mail them your details, they are letting people gave the download version

Alright, here's a heads up.
All you virtual captains that have pre-ordered their game and are still waiting for their boxed copy to arrive, we will give you access to a download copy in the meantime.

Contact us at info@shipsim.com with your ordernumber, full name and address for verification and we will contact you.

This offer only applies to PRE-ORDER Customers (meaning before August 27th) that have not yet received their boxed version due to delivery delay.

Kind regards,
Frank

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2010, 19:28:25 »

If you E-Mail them your details, they are letting people gave the download version

I sent a email but i hope they got it after some trouble
Captain Cadet

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #253 on: September 01, 2010, 19:29:56 »

I sent a email but i hope they got it after some trouble

trouble?

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #254 on: September 01, 2010, 19:30:36 »

I havent got mine yet.. But is it because I havent bought it? Does that help?

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2010, 20:38:58 »

I havent got mine yet.. But is it because I havent bought it? Does that help?
;) :-X
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2010, 21:32:03 »

I think I may have made a massive faux pas.  :doh:

I was about to email Vstep to ask for a download as my SSE still hasn't arrived, and when I went back to the Ship Sim website to retrieve my order number etc, I noticed that my hometown was missing from my address details. Strange how I didn't notice that before.

AAArgh! So no wonder why my boxed SSE still hasn't arrived as the TNT guy probably had no clue where to send it (although if he Googled my postcode, he would find out my home town very easily, plus it does have 'United Kingdom' on the address). But knowing TNT, where time is money, they'll probably send the parcel back to Vstep again marked as "Address Not Known"  :doh:

So it's a public apology from me to Vstep  (*red face*)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #257 on: September 01, 2010, 21:33:07 »

That is no mistake - you can get an adress from a Postcode and house number - the rest is superfluous

A GPS System should handle it fine

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2010, 21:33:38 »

I don't think that's the reason Kevin, a postcode, housenumber and country will do fine  :)

So we can write the latitude and longitude on it as address next time?  ;D
It's the crew that makes the difference

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2010, 21:35:15 »

I don't think that's the reason Kevin, a postcode, housenumber and country will do fine  :)

Well what are them thingys drivers say gets them lost...?

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2010, 21:37:55 »

I hope so, it's quite easy to find out which town you live in just by typing in your postcode on Google. I just hope the TNT or the Royal Mail delivery guy had the same brilliant idea.....

lol at latitude & longitude on address....  ;D
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #261 on: September 01, 2010, 21:39:07 »

That is no mistake - you can get an adress from a Postcode and house number - the rest is superfluous

That's a very good point - so not all is lost!  (*fingers crossed*) :thumbs:

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2010, 21:45:31 »

From a Iceland Home delivery driver free when you spend over £25 a postcode can be quite usefull as well as useless. I had to resort to postcodes earlier today as someones hand writing isn't the most legable - i could make out the house number but not the street name. I put the postcode into the nav, and it took me to her house. :thumbs:

The useless story - not sure where abouts this next customers house was. Put in the postcode - took me to where the postcode thought it was - not there, it was infact 3 miles over some fields, cross the train track and down a road or two :thumbdown:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2010, 21:46:46 »

From a Iceland Home delivery driver free when you spend over £25 a postcode can be quite usefull as well as useless. I had to resort to postcodes earlier today as someones hand writing isn't the most legable - i could make out the house number but not the street name. I put the postcode into the nav, and it took me to her house. :thumbs:

The useless story - not sure where abouts this next customers house was. Put in the postcode - took me to where the postcode thought it was - not there, it was infact 3 miles over some fields, cross the train track and down a road or two :thumbdown:

Was that when you ended up on the motorway?

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #264 on: September 01, 2010, 21:49:25 »

Not this time ;)

Today i was back our 'war driving' :evil: in the new van. Thank goodness for the town plan street maps thats all i can say :doh:

...but as Captain Matt says "Cookie Box" :angel:

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #265 on: September 01, 2010, 21:49:42 »

I should be OK because I have the full address - house number, street name, postcode - apart from the name of the town where I live.

It's times like that which makes me glad I do not work as a delivery guy for a living!  ;)

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #266 on: September 01, 2010, 21:51:24 »

It is challenging thats all im saying :doh:

Im not sure what way your postcodes work over there, but over here in the 1700's postcodes can identify your town easily. :thumbs:

andy92980

• Forum member
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2010, 04:03:57 »

well, I checked my shipping address, and it's fine.  checked all information, and all is complete.  delivery day of 8/27 has come and passed.  sitting at 8/27 + 5 days now.  I've mailed VSTEP, and no response yet except the auto-generated one telling me that they got it.  This is the first time I've ordered anything directly from them.  Thinking maybe either there won't be a next time, or next time I'll have to order it through a third party that I trust.   :-\ :C

Ferrymaster

• Forum member
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:31 »

Still haven't received my boxed version, but I used the download version I've in my mail, Thanks Vstep!.

sgoudie

• Forum member
« Reply #269 on: September 02, 2010, 17:16:31 »

Well my game has arrived today ;D

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2010, 17:21:23 »

Would you believe it, my game finally arrived today!  :2thumbs: (but no manual booklet though, which is not a big problem since the manual is already on DVD)

And I am very, very happy with the result - the installation went really smoothly and the game runs like a dream. I ran fps while in free roam and it was 25-35 which is much better than what I thought it would be.

Maybe I am very pleasantly happy because my high exceptations have been set lower after reading so much issues.

I am now going to download patch v1.1

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #271 on: September 02, 2010, 17:33:09 »

how long will it take them to send me the download verson
Captain Cadet

02ian

• Forum member
« Reply #272 on: September 02, 2010, 17:45:03 »

no sign of mine yet... although i still have hope for today as the postman doesn't seem to have come yet,

contacted vstep about getting a download last night... no response in the 19 hours since then,

i'm having to console myself with a few scale models, alas my blue carpet lacks the sea effects we've seen in the trailers "ice-berg-sock ahead!"

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2010, 17:48:01 »

patch v1.1 works fine, and also installed the bonus Fishing Vessel SIGITA. I think she was worth paying extra!

Also ran her in free roam, fps was 38-39!  :o  :)

Capt Phil

• Forum member
« Reply #274 on: September 02, 2010, 23:04:00 »

it's been 25 hours since I've sent my e-mail about getting my Download version.. No reply, and still yet to recieve my hard copy.. I hope this game is worth all my stress over getting it
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines