Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 04:12:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47   Go Down

Author Topic: Which vessels would you like to see added to Ship Sim in the future?  (Read 660238 times)

Simaddict

• Forum member

We can all think of and name many ships, as we all have favourites, but why do we need so many Ships, lets just keep what we have and include smaller and medium sized version, with the updated Wheelhouses with the necessary instrumentation and Light Facilities. If we stuck to this Idea the improvements of ship sim could become more frequent and more reliable, but not forgetting realism. Of course the additon of one or two different types of Ship would be a bonus. But Warships NO NO NO
Anthony (Simaddict)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: somthing
« Reply #776 on: June 23, 2008, 20:53:02 »

Maybe waterjets!

and this game allready has a jetski

PORed

• Forum member

A Coast Guard Cutter from any nation would be awesome, to do search and rescue missions. I am in the US Coast Guard, but I have to say the Canadian Coast Guard and British Coast Guard's are pretty amazing as well!

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: somthing
« Reply #778 on: June 24, 2008, 04:46:51 »

and this game allready has a jetski
Did you not notice that was posted more then a year ago. SS08 wasn't even out.

PORed

• Forum member

Again, I would love to see any of the worlds coast guards in an expansion or new edition of shipsim. I think that would cure alot of people want to have warships in the game. Just with the US Coast Guard you have missions running from interdiction of smugglers and alien migration to aids to navigation repair and placement and fisheries. This isn't even counting the biggest and most exciting of the Coast Guard missions, search and rescue. I would love to see some of the new USCG Cutters included or the patrol boat fleet of 110' cutters and 87' cutters.

Simaddict

• Forum member

Having had a good look at the American Coastguard vessels in close up, I can only submit that they depict the perfect Warship in disguise, and there inclusion would lead to the inevitable slippery slope.
Anthony (Simaddict)

PORed

• Forum member

You might be right, but honestly I can't tell you the last time we actually fired the main gun in something other then a training eviroment. If that is the case no warships, limit it to small boats and patrol cutters, or other coast guards, such as the Canadian Coast Guard or HM Coastguard, which are not a military force. I would love to see more SAR mission in the game.

clyde21

• Forum member

I would like to have a twin unit voith schneider tractor tug.  Highly maneuverable and very powerful, would be good fun!

John Carter

OCL container ships, as i used to work (?) on them.

Also warships with big guns to blast everyone away - separate server for this one of course

pauljanaway1

• Forum member

OCL container ships, as i used to work (?) on them.

Also warships with big guns to blast everyone away - separate server for this one of course

no! no! no! how many times do we have to say it there will NEVER be guns on this SIMULATOR  as the it turn into a war game not a shipping SIMULATOR

PORed

• Forum member

I agree there are enough wargames out there already, that is the beauty of this game is it shows the everyday merchant mariner life. I would hate to see any weapons added to the game and there is more to being a sailor then combat and this game really shows that. The only reason I would want to see any coast guard or patrol type craft is to see more of the SAR type missions not for combat

pauljanaway1

• Forum member

i can understand people wanting ship like battle ship or aircraft carriers but even if they did come ingame they would never have wepons

llamalord

• Forum member

I find this constant plead for "Big Blasty Things" is getting a bit annoying.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Capt. Le Velle

• Forum member

That cutter looks like the one my uncle works on

Pain is weakness leaving the body-Special Ops Instructors.
http://www.freewebs.com/shipsimusa/

pauljanaway1

• Forum member

I find this constant plead for "Big Blasty Things" is getting a bit annoying.

i hate people allways asking for wepons or things that blow ships up it get realy boreing after any lenth of time

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member

Hiya all :)

I'd like to point something out here.  We all have different opinions, that's what makes us individual.  Every member on the forum is entitled to their opinion, and being criticised for having an opinion is not something any of us would like, agreed?

Perhaps a more relaxed attitude to others opinions would be more appropriate :)

Regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

John Carter

guys,

can anyone give me the name of a good multiplayer warship blast em away game.

i love ship sim, but sometimes it would be nice to chuck a few high explosives around.

sorry pauljanaway1, i didn't mean to annoy you  :-*

jc aka cj

llamalord

• Forum member

I'm not a fan of these games but I can tell you that I've heard good reviews of "Silent Hunter 3"

www.llamalord

Merlijn

• Forum member

Ey guys,

What about adding a heavy lift vessel? Once of those nice big ones from Dockwise? I did a survey on one of them last month and they are absolutely fabulous!
Would love to see them in the simulator and be able to 'sink' them while pulling an oil platform over them with two tugs... Yeah !!

Oops. I got carried away... but still. a heavy lift would be nice...

brgds,

llamalord

• Forum member

Do you mean like the "Fairmount Fjell'?
    Last thing I knew that ship was already being developed by V-STEP for the game. :-\

www.llamalord

Merlijn

• Forum member

Ey...

I don't know the Fairmount Fjell... What I can see on equasis is that it is a pontoon and I don't find it back on the Fairmount website... So I guess that is not what I mean... But I found on the Fairmount website a pic of the GAVEA LIFTER. I have put the pic here below (reference made that I took it from the Fairmount website, dont wanna get into problem with copyrights...).

Those heavy lifter semi submersible ships I mean... Would love to see those...

llamalord

• Forum member

That's what the Fairmount Fjell is. ::)

www.llamalord

Merlijn

• Forum member

Ah. really eh. hehe. :D

Good then. Would love to see those ships in the sim...

BTW. Why Fairmount, why not choose Dockwise? hehehehe... ::)

Captain Best

• Forum member

Ah. really eh. hehe. :D

Good then. Would love to see those ships in the sim...

BTW. Why Fairmount, why not choose Dockwise? hehehehe... ::)

what about this ship?

pauljanaway1

• Forum member

as it is or as it was maybe years ago
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines