Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 10:50:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI ship question  (Read 11186 times)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: AI ship question
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 14:56:34 »

Greetings,
Would it be a nice idea,when the AI vessels did not come visible from out of nowhere,but from a quay.
So they dont show up by surprice.
This is my idea,they are next to the quay(black),they gonna move they turned(bleu).This means that you can see when they want to start sailing.
They sail to another quay,where at that time,the same progress will start.
This way you can avoid surpriced collisions.
REgards
Marc

That's a great idea but are you saying that it would be totally black? That wouldn't be good. Perhaps you could have different coloured lights for when they move or something. ;)

Regards,
SA

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 15:08:34 »

Oh, i see. Iam sorry about that. Didn't realise.

cargohauler

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 18:14:06 »

Havn't moving ships always been blue?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 22:32:48 »

No, with "black" and "blue", Marcstrat was reminding of the colors of respectively static and autonomous ships, as represented on the "radar/map" tab.
Regards
Luc

What info do you get on a modern radar display? Does the radar computer alert you to speed by colour code- I don't mean it sarcastically, I really don't know? I know bigger ships radar computers alert the helm to possible collisions Surely part of the job is interpreting the radar display.

Or when using the titanic, no radar display or gps makes it more realistic.

Stu

Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 00:57:28 »

Thanks. I only know basics from my frequent bridge visits aboard P&O Pride of Bilbao. Shes getting on in years now and my last bridge visit was in 2001 (ie before 9/11) as they don't do visits anymore :(

The bridge looked impressive, and that was 6 years ago. WOuld love to see it now as its been refitted.

Stuart
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines