Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 05:41:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding more Titanic interior in SS09 or later?  (Read 23755 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
Adding more Titanic interior in SS09 or later?
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:52:02 »

I'm going to take these pics as hints that VSTEP will add not only the restaraunt I mentioned in another thread, but also the interior to the 3rd funnel deckhouse in later Ship Simulators!

First pic: I've already shown this sign for a resturaunt, but still.
Second pic:This sliding door on the 3rd funnel deckhouse is in the open position, but there is only a wall behind it. The same is true for the sliding door on the other side of the deckhouse.
Third pic: The stairs that SHOULD be here lead to the 3rd funnel deckhouse

It seems, according to the ship's blueprints, that the stairs and port side sliding door both lead to a deckchair storage room, while the starboard sliding door leads to the officer's mess hall.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Adding more Titanic interior in SS09 or later?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:13:38 »

what i want to know is why did they model the 2nd class stair case and not the 1st class one

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:17:14 »

Yeah let's hook up and have a dinner on board Titanic.

(for God sake... this is a ship simulator) ::)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:24:46 »

[edit by Terry] Multiple short-length cross-posting combined into a single post for clarity.

pauljanaway1 :
no i think that it dose nood more interior. titanic was the grandest ship ever biult and from what is modeled you dont get any sence of grandness. i donl mean build all the inside but parts of it like the grand stair case and the gym and pool and other bits

RMS Gigantic :
because then you wouldn't be able to access the stern

pauljanaway1 :
still they should have put it in

RMS Gigantic :
or the first class restaraunt the sign shows.

Quote from: pauljanaway1 on June 17, 2008, 11:42:00
still they should have put it in

Where would it lead? The stair case went down to F deck.

Then there's the Aft one.

Quote from: RMS Gigantic on June 17, 2008, 11:43:11
Where would it lead? The stair case went down to F deck.

Then there's the Aft one.

I suppose a second path to the first class prominade is an option.

pauljanaway1 :
yes my point the star case is the grandest part of the ship so they could put it in

RMS Gigantic :
Grand Staircase.

I was thinking if they connected the different classes' deck areas.

Like linking the 3rd class well decks with a 3rd class hallway.

Or the 1st class deck area with the 1st class prominade with the Grand Staircase,

pauljanaway1 :
yes that is what i meant just dident word it well
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 23:04:48 by TerryRussell »

NathanC

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 12:19:16 »

What's the point of modelling the Titanics interior? It's not "Titanic Simulator 2008" is it? And i can't see any topics asking for interiors of the Pride of Rotterdam, Red Eagle, Ocean Star etc. So what
's so special about the Titanic? Not everyone here "loves" the Titanic, and wouldn't care if it did have an interior or not.....

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 13:25:23 »

would rather like them to focus on making the bridges on the ships look realistic, with switches and other stufs like that. Ofcoarse it wold be nice with Titanics interior, but isn't it a bit much to ask for?

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 14:03:11 »

well in the end i would like the inside of every ship modeled but you stat somwhere

the jet jet 4 has the inside modeld. so dose the 3 speed boats and the new yaute as i belive

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 14:05:56 »

Besides RMS Gigantic... I think you should send a mail to NASA and ask them if they can provide you with a  mathematical monster of a system to render all this Titanic interior and to simulate  a highly realistic sinking..lol! :-*
BTW you cannot connect a Nvidia graphic card to that kind of system at all. :P

What you are really asking for is a "Titanic Simulator". The next thing you will ask for (after my brain storming) is panicking people... and you can sit there running the "Titanic sinking scene" over and over just the same way as you hit the replay button when you watch the "Titanic movie". All trough this may sound nice for you it sounds AWFUL for me...People died in that accident (or whatever it's called) and I don't care how many **** years it is since that time because I think some of you "Titanic lovers" should get a "brain wash" because it looks to me that you all LOVE to see what happens when a ship full of people sinks... its DEATH for christ sake!!! >:( >:(

Now I'm chilling out... I still don't get it -why- it's so interesting to have a fully designed Titanic in this game. But I can imagine that it got something to do with water flowing into the decks...and yeah that's quite interesting (not) ::)

Pardon me but that was my unchangeable restrictedly locked opinion. And yes I agree with those who want to see better bridges!   

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 14:18:55 »

but they have allready modeled most or allmost the inside of some of the ships

Portoferraio Angel
red jet 4
Freedom 90
Marbella Delight
Watertaxi
Arie Visser
Herkules Atlas
Pioneer

also fogot to add Elbe to the list

if vstep would make sofwere so you can make your own ships for your self (like vs) as the chose of ships is very limeted and allowing people to make there own would be a great leep in the game. then it would free up a lot of time for the develipers to improve the game
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 23:06:57 by TerryRussell »

NathanC

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 15:01:25 »

but they have allready modeled most or allmost the inside of some of the ships

Portoferraio Angel
red jet 4
Freedom 90
Marbella Delight
Watertaxi
Arie Visser
Herkules Atlas
Pioneer

Look at the size of all those ships. Not big are they? Not hard to model a few seats? Besides, i doubt VSTEP are going to spend months and months modelling the Titanics interior for a few of us who want it. I agree with JHB here.

Who actually cares if the Titanic has any interior? I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't in the game anyway.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 15:03:50 »

i dont mind if they model it i'm just saying if all the ships has insides then it would add to the relisam

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 23:13:03 »

if vstep would make sofwere so you can make your own ships for your self (like vs) as the chose of ships is very limeted and allowing people to make there own would be a great leep in the game. then it would free up a lot of time for the develipers to improve the game
NO, NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I do NOT want shipsim to become like VS!

The result WILL be the game flooding with incredibly poor models by those who couldn't make a sphere on Google Sketchup to save their lives!

I like how VSTEP goes for quality over quanity!

And for you who think I'm asking, the topic was about the signs that Vstep will probably render it. They already left the doors open and the sign.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 00:38:48 »

i dont mind if they model it i'm just saying if all the ships has insides then it would add to the relisam

yeah right? realism = navigation, realistic ship dynamics, traffic conditions, weather and sea simulation, and not a darn "virtual walk-trough museum"...

---

and yes you can make your own boats for VS (what are you waiting for?). If you want a extremely detailed Titanic then go ahead...the game will crash in lack of performance because the game engine is not yet designed to handle polygon-heavy ship models (like 800 000 polygons). And Titanic will have more than 800 000 if you are going to make it even better than Titanic made for SS. So one simple advice - forget it! :P

If I was you I would start to learn myself some C# (C sharp) programming, understanding the Microsoft XNA and start programming a game engine that can handle such massive stuff. Afterwards you would have to design the ship in a 3D editor with all decks and make it work with the game engine. And to simulate the sinking and all such you would have to program physics. Do you have that knowledge? Or are you just dreaming... Maybe the last is a lot more simpler than the first :P

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 00:57:47 »

yeah right? realism = navigation, realistic ship dynamics, traffic conditions, weather and sea simulation, and not a darn "virtual walk-trough museum"...

---

and yes you can make your own boats for VS (what are you waiting for?). If you want a extremely detailed Titanic then go ahead...the game will crash in lack of performance because the game engine is not yet designed to handle polygon-heavy ship models (like 800 000 polygons). And Titanic will have more than 800 000 if you are going to make it even better than Titanic made for SS. So one simple advice - forget it! :P

If I was you I would start to learn myself some C# (C sharp) programming, understanding the Microsoft XNA and start programming a game engine that can handle such massive stuff. Afterwards you would have to design the ship in a 3D editor with all decks and make it work with the game engine. And to simulate the sinking and all such you would have to program physics. Do you have that knowledge? Or are you just dreaming... Maybe the last is a lot more simpler than the first :P
Who said anything about me? VSTEP is the one who left the door open and a sign for a food joint!

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 01:28:36 »

I think this is getting kinda of, angry, This topic was jsut about signs that VSTEP left to show there are goign to model some of the ships interior, not if we wanted it or not. (I would like a full titanic)

It is Ship Simulator, BUT the titanic WAS A SHIP, and a amazing one at that, and I think it would be awesome to show you majesty of the titanic, the SHIP,  and be able to captain it as well.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 02:10:15 »

I think this is getting kinda of, angry, This topic was jsut about signs that VSTEP left to show there are goign to model some of the ships interior, not if we wanted it or not. (I would like a full titanic)

It is Ship Simulator, BUT the titanic WAS A SHIP, and a amazing one at that, and I think it would be awesome to show you majesty of the titanic, the SHIP,  and be able to captain it as well.
I fully agree, about liking to see the whole thing, and everything else you said.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:52 »

What you are really asking for is a "Titanic Simulator".
Sounds good to me. Where can I puchase it?

Oh, yeah, that's right! Because no other nautical simulator on the market is teamed up with the Titanic Research & Modeling Association, every other sims' Titanic representations are remote at best, making this our best hope to see her in all her 1912 glory!

And I appreciate all the time and effort Jason De Donno is putting into this model.

NathanC

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 15:05:58 »

I go back to what i said - the Pride of Rotterdam is a ship too, and yet i see no topics asking for an interior of that ship - so, what's so special about this ship?

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 15:09:52 »

I go back to what i said - the Pride of Rotterdam is a ship too, and yet i see no topics asking for an interior of that ship - so, what's so special about this ship?

i think the main resone is it that is is just another ship allthough it is the biggest p&o ferry there is nuffink specal about it.
titanic the biggest and grandest ship of her day and she would still be one of the grandest even today
the way she sunk hitting an ice burge at allmost full speed and amount of dead from not anough life boats the way she changed so many laws and manly because because she is not around any more

NathanC

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 15:27:35 »

Then i wouldn't call that a "special" ship then, i'd call that a floating safety violation  ;)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 15:30:46 »

well it would be now but back then it was as safe as houses right up untill it sank

NathanC

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 15:35:53 »

Actually......... It's rudder was nowhere enough to turn the ship in an emergency, the crew didn't give a damn about the iceberg warning they were recieving (in fact the wireless operator told someone giving a warning to the Titanic to "Shut Up, i'm busy") and she didn't have enough lifeboats for half the people on her....As safe as houses? I think it's pretty clear she was a disaster waiting to happen, lets be thankful the Olympic didn't run into trouble before Titanic and they updated her design

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 15:44:57 »

but it all went well untill she hit if she had missed she probly would have made it to new york

NathanC

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 16:05:19 »

That doesn't change the fact she was hugely dangerous

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 16:15:10 »

if she was dangouse she would not have sailed or got her boad of trade licsence
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines