Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 07:13:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding more Titanic interior in SS09 or later?  (Read 23751 times)

NathanC

Re: Adding more Titanic interior in SS09 or later?
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 16:21:29 »

She did meet the required lifeboats of the time but it soesn't take a genius to figure out that there wasn't enough lifeboats - and they probably didn't realise the rudder wasn't big enough then.

She was dangerous even back then, they just didn't realise. I fail to see how a complete hazard of a ship that sank and claimed hundreds and hundreds of people can be called "Special"

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 16:31:31 »

well the laws in brittan at that time was many years out of date and so titanic was infact in the eyes of the law safe to sail

and a ship of titanics size had never been biult so many things on her including the rudder where a trail

NathanC

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 17:05:06 »

But that still doesn't change it - the designer knew that Iron could still not be strong enough to keep the ship from sinking, and he knew there wasn't enough lifeboats. And it still doesn't change the fact that they were ignoring the iceberg warnings

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 19:52:19 »

at least the grand staircase should be there,
it sounds a bit stupid, the 2nd class staircase is made, but the 1th class staircase not.
ofcourse i know the 2nd class staircase is made to get at the aft deck  ;D and is very cool too.

but on the other side, making all the interior costs a lot of system requirements, since NH won't work for a lot of people i have my doubts about a fully 3d titanic  ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 19:52:48 »

But that still doesn't change it - the designer knew that Iron could still not be strong enough to keep the ship from sinking, and he knew there wasn't enough lifeboats. And it still doesn't change the fact that they were ignoring the iceberg warnings
If the strongest material available at the time didn't work, then what WHAT WAS THERE TO USE?

Also, she could turn well by TODAY'S standards

And she didn't just meet, she PASSED the lifeboat requirement for a ship her size!

Also, no one cares about the PoR because the Titanic is the MOST FAMOUS SHIP IN HISTORY!!!!!

at least the grand staircase should be there,
it sounds a bit stupid, the 2nd class staircase is made, but the 1th class staircase not.
ofcourse i know the 2nd class staircase is made to get at the aft deck  ;D and is very cool too.

but on the other side, making all the interior costs a lot of system requirements, since NH won't work for a lot of people i have my doubts about a fully 3d titanic  ;D
do you think my computer with 3 GB of RAM running XP and a GeForce 8600 graphics card could do it?

Modified for double-posting, DJM.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 23:08:19 by [RWP]DJM »

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 19:57:44 »

I go back to what i said - the Pride of Rotterdam is a ship too, and yet i see no topics asking for an interior of that ship - so, what's so special about this ship?

EXCEPT SHES NO FAMOUS

Actually......... It's rudder was nowhere enough to turn the ship in an emergency, the crew didn't give a damn about the iceberg warning they were recieving (in fact the wireless operator told someone giving a warning to the Titanic to "Shut Up, i'm busy") and she didn't have enough lifeboats for half the people on her....As safe as houses? I think it's pretty clear she was a disaster waiting to happen, lets be thankful the Olympic didn't run into trouble before Titanic and they updated her design

Also, it was the RedStar representative, he orderd full speed to reach NYC by morning to win the blue ribbon, The captain said they shouldnt, but he made him, if they were going slower like planned they could have turned. Wasnt the crew, it was Red Star.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 23:09:11 by [RWP]DJM »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 20:04:48 »

Also, it was the RedStar representative, he orderd full speed to reach NYC by morning to win the blue ribbon, The captain said they shouldnt, but he made him, if they were going slower like planned they could have turned. Wasnt the crew, it was Red Star.
IT WAS TAUGHT AT THE TIME TO KEEP WITH THE SCHEDULE!

THEY WERE TOLD NOT TO SLOW DOWN!

THE CAPTAIN DID RESPOND BY CHANGING COURSE TO GO FURTHER SOUTH!

IT WAS ON THIS NEW COURSE WHEN IT STRUCK THE ICEBURG!

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 20:12:39 »

Sorry 0,0

NathanC

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 20:13:08 »

If the strongest material available at the time didn't work, then what WHAT WAS THERE TO USE?

Also, she could turn well by TODAY'S standards

And she didn't just meet, she PASSED the lifeboat requirement for a ship her size!

Also, no one cares about the PoR because the Titanic is the MOST FAMOUS SHIP IN HISTORY!!!!!

It's only famous because someone made a stupid movie about it and it sank! (which isn't a nice way to remember it, take the [expletive deleted by Terry] ship away for a second and think about the people who were on her) And correction, most famous floating death trap in history. And my point about the PoR wasn't about how important that ferry was - i meant can you see any posts asking for an interior on that ship?

IT WAS TAUGHT AT THE TIME TO KEEP WITH THE SCHEDULE!

THEY WERE TOLD NOT TO SLOW DOWN!

THE CAPTAIN DID RESPOND BY CHANGING COURSE TO GO FURTHER SOUTH!

IT WAS ON THIS NEW COURSE WHEN IT STRUCK THE ICEBURG!

Which adds to my point that the crew were (to put it politely) dreadful

EXCEPT SHES NO FAMOUS

Yes..but for all the wrong reasons

I'm clearly not winning here, so i may as well give up, but it was a disaster, and i don't know why that make s aship famous.

Ohhhhh look, the Red Jet just sank on a run to Southampton, lets celebrate by making a full model of her!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 23:10:31 by [RWP]DJM »

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 20:15:00 »

she did go 10 miles more south to miss the ice and one other thing it was white star not red star and when traveling though ice it was cutomery to keep at service speed 21kt
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 20:20:41 by pauljanaway1 »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 21:11:21 »

Nathan, the ship was famous PRIOR to 1997.

It was popular ever since news hit in 1912.

Also, if your idea of a dreadful crew is one that follows orders, what's your idea of a good one?

Captain: "Hard-a-starboard, full speed astern"

Crewman: *runs into the wheelhouse* hard-a-port, full speed ahead! And I stole the Captain's wallet so FREE MEALS FOR THE REST OF THE VOYAGE!*

*All the crewmen cheer*

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 21:36:43 »

yes and the titanic just has somthing abot it that the por dosent have grandness

if i was merdoc on the titanic i would have done the same thing try to turn and miss the burge but i would have astern port only

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 23:13:10 »

Hiya all :)

I've had to modify multiple posts in this topic, because of double-posting.  Please use the Modify button on your posts, or use multiple quotes when talking to more than one member.  You can add additional quotes by scrolling down a little when replying.

Thank you :)

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2008, 01:06:58 »

Hiya all :)

I've had to modify multiple posts in this topic, because of double-posting.  Please use the Modify button on your posts, or use multiple quotes when talking to more than one member.  You can add additional quotes by scrolling down a little when replying.

Thank you :)

Carl.
Got it.

Still don't know why NathanC wants to sail on a ship with a crew that ignores the captain.

NathanC

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2008, 06:11:21 »

Got it.

Still don't know why NathanC wants to sail on a ship with a crew that ignores the captain.

No, i just don't want to sail on a ship that has a dodgy crew (and i'm not talking about the way they responded when they saw the iceberg, i'm talking about the way they carried at full speed. Oh, i'm sorry, i didn't realise icebergs were forbidden fron floating into the southern part of the North Atlantic, going there would surely be iceberg free) and that has a rudder incapable of being useful for an emergency turn

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2008, 06:41:02 »

No, i just don't want to sail on a ship that has a dodgy crew (and i'm not talking about the way they responded when they saw the iceberg, i'm talking about the way they carried at full speed. Oh, i'm sorry, i didn't realise icebergs were forbidden fron floating into the southern part of the North Atlantic, going there would surely be iceberg free) and that has a rudder incapable of being useful for an emergency turn
They were doing what they were taught. They new full well what they were getting into, too.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2008, 13:10:29 »

you need to remenber that it is 1912 over 95 years ago the way ships where run was very differnet from today

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 02:19:54 »

you need to remenber that it is 1912 over 95 years ago the way ships where run was very differnet from today
Exactly! One of the biggest reasons Titanic is so famous is that after her sinking, innumerable rammifications were made to the design of ships and how they were run!

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 18:57:00 »

for her time titanic was cutting edge as well one of the first ships to have a pool state of the art fire syteams bigger than any other ship grander than any other ship

NathanC

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 21:32:10 »

Heres a fact - Why did Halrand and Wolff change the Expansion joint in Britannic? Becuase they knew there was a fault in the design of Titanic.......

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 21:33:41 »

but olyimpic had a happy life and did not sink

NathanC

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 21:41:39 »

but olyimpic had a happy life and did not sink

And that is relavant? And Olympic didn;t really have a happy life when someone jumped overboard, she collided with a warship, a tug got stuck under her stern and she hit a lightship.....

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 21:50:43 »

but she did not sink

NathanC

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 22:01:32 »

but she did not sink

Yes but she was pretty damn close, they better pray to god this wasn't below the waterline:

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 22:05:08 »

that is only 1 compartment so would be ok
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines