Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 11:21:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Real Titanic mission.  (Read 22410 times)

Kona1988

• Forum member
Real Titanic mission.
« on: June 16, 2008, 00:56:52 »

Hello, I dont know how to make missions yet, but I think a mission like this would be cool,

You take the titanic from its first harbor (i dont know the name) to rotterdam (I think that ws its second stop?) or wereever its stops ar before crossing the ocean, then have a mission that you need to hit an iceburg on her starboard bow, ( and have the ship sink like the movei maybe xD, IE snap in 2). It does seem kind of meen to do this, but, I think it owuld be kind of cool, it could be a bonus mission, and your like, making the movie :p

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
Re: Real Titanic mission.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:35:34 »

the titanic left southhaptton and sailed the cheburg in france it then sailed to queenstown in ireland before heading to new york it never went to rotterdam and who enver told you it did must be realy stupid as we dont have both of them ports you can not make the rout as well as ships dont sink by splitting in 2 they just go down
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 13:55:53 by pauljanaway1 »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:04 »

Hello, I dont know how to make missions yet, but I think a mission like this would be cool,

You take the titanic from its first harbor (i dont know the name) to rotterdam (I think that ws its second stop?) or wereever its stops ar before crossing the ocean, then have a mission that you need to hit an iceburg on her starboard bow, ( and have the ship sink like the movei maybe xD, IE snap in 2). It does seem kind of meen to do this, but, I think it owuld be kind of cool, it could be a bonus mission, and your like, making the movie :p

It would be 'fun' to sink a ship that killed thousands of people. Yep that sounds like fun.  ::)

And the movie gives the ship no justice, nothing happened like that, and the physics and models in ss08 would not allow it to 'snap in two'

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 09:41:02 »

and as you dont even know where the titanic left port from how do you think you can model an entrie crossing to new york

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 09:44:35 »

and as you dont even know where the titanic left port from how do you think you can model an entrie crossing to new york
It is sad when someone refers to the titanic and how cool it is and how they want to sink it. Without even knowing where it was built and left. And anyone that likes the titanic wouldn't want to SINK IT. The point in this game is to keep boats afloat and to have the effect of sinking if you 'accidentally' do something wrong. Not so you can go sink ships cause it is fun.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:50:08 »

yes i totely agree a future rammer i think on mp and if you look  at his other posts he has not even got the game yet

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:51:32 »

yes i totely agree a future rammer i think on mp and if you look  at his other posts he has not even got the game yet
*sigh* Not another. How many reports do the moderators need.  :-[

Sometimes I wish dumb people would just be banned for being dumb.  :D

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 09:54:28 »

and if on the ship sim website you say click on list of ship and then titanic it tells you where it came from just another nebbie getting way over his head

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 09:59:14 »

and if on the ship sim website you say click on list of ship and then titanic it tells you where it came from just another nebbie getting way over his head
Maybe we should stop advertising the titanic in the game and have it as a pleasant surprise for those that decide to buy the game.  ;D

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 10:01:09 »

i think that is the resone lots of people buy it because they all have the thought of the end seane of the movie titanic and doing it in there own home

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:11 »

i think that is the resone lots of people buy it because they all have the thought of the end seane of the movie titanic and doing it in there own home
Well they can dream. So in other words we need a disclaimer saying TITANIC DOES NOT BREAK IN 2 PIECES on EVERY page of the site?  :D

*dreams*

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 10:07:09 »

so in concluion there is allready titanic mission that dont end up in sinking.
ship simulator is not mean to just crash and sink ship it is there for sailing them
you dont even have the game yet
i hate people that enjoy sinking ships so so does everyone eles
no one will spend 5 hours sailing to the atlantic just to sink
if you have ever played mp you will know that after any time somone sinking you realy realy realy get on my nerves

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 10:09:44 »

You will also know it is impossible because once you sink in a mission you lose.  :P

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 10:11:51 »

yes that aswell i hate people that think it is fun (or cool as a 9 year old would say) to sink ships

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 10:14:25 »

yes that aswell i hate people that think it is fun (or cool as a 9 year old would say) to sink ships
I think it is 'cool' to keep them AFLOAT.  :D Like they should be.. This is a 'ship simulator' not a 'crash test dummy simulator'

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 10:16:16 »

yes it is good to keep ships afloat and he ever dose drive titanic he will find that she is a lovely ship to drive and is very responive at the helm

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 10:17:54 »

very responive at the helm

*chuckles* I never drive the titanic to be truthful. I like the more modern vessels. I think I piloted the titanic once in the year that I have had the game.  ::)

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 10:19:13 »

she is very good at high speeds should i say 15kt upwords

but anyway back to the topic you have given use the impresion that you enjoy sinking ships or ramming as on mp it is called. it is not a good way to start you ship sim life by posting about how you would  like the sink the grandest ship ever is it?

[two short posts combined by Terry]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 21:52:12 by TerryRussell »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 18:33:27 »

Hiya guys :)

I think a suitable phrase in this topic would be "Benefit of the doubt" ;)

You shouldn't immediately condemn a new member, just because they have 'a certain opinion'.  At least give them chance to experience the game first, and possibly see things differently once they do :)

Regards.

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 20:21:29 »

Thank you DJM. All I ment was that it might be fun to reinact it. I do respect the Titanic and I DID NOT say "It would be fun to sink the ship that killed thousends of people", and like I said at the end, the mission could be like making the movie.

P.S. I KNOW that it was all green screen in the movie, I was just saying.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 20:23:33 »

First off, Hollywood uses blue screen not green screen.

Second,
be fun to reenact it.
I DID NOT say "It would be fun to sink the ship that killed thousands of people"
It kind of looks like it, I would like to reenact the death of thousands.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 20:45:37 »

you dont even have the game once you get it you wont want to sink ships as they are modeld so well  but the main thing is if you dont even know where the most famose ship ever set sail from how can you model the entire route
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 20:49:12 by pauljanaway1 »

Kona1988

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 20:47:32 »

ok, Im jsut a stupid noob, dont need to go on and on, it was jsut an idea for a mission.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 20:50:55 »

ok, Im jsut a stupid noob, dont need to go on and on, it was jsut an idea for a mission.
So stupid you can't spell I'm, don't, or just.

I hope you get the game, go on multiplayer and "sink" someone because it was fun and get banned.  ::)

If it was just an idea and you now realize how dumb it is then good for you and we can be friends.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 20:55:04 »

on ship sim sinking ships on missions or mp or where ever for fun realy you get put into the group that i call dont want to be on mp with.
from your fist post saying it would be cool to sink titanic. now if i see you on mp i would not trust you but if you had said you wanted to make a mission where the titanic sank to comererate the sinking and pay respect that would have been different it is just your wording (cool sinking and titanic must not be used in the same line)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines