Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 17:28:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocean Star  (Read 2526 times)

Paddy134

• Forum member
Ocean Star
« on: May 18, 2008, 22:31:28 »

Has the Ocean Star been improved in the New Horizons expantion pack? adn has the Titanic got the Verandah cafe added now?

Paddy134

• Forum member
Re: Ocean Star
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 16:57:48 »

Can someone please reply because im in a situation where im not sure whether to but the Addon or not. Especially if the ships from the old addon haven't been Improved >:(

NathanC

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 17:00:06 »

The only thing that has changed with the OS is the controls are now Azimuth.

And no, the Titanics cafe is still "Opening Soon"

Paddy134

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 14:38:14 »

The only thing that has changed with the OS is the controls are now Azimuth.

And no, the Titanics cafe is still "Opening Soon"

Oh :( is the cornwall scenery nice?

NathanC

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 15:07:16 »

Yes, very nice, especially for the add-on yachts  ;D

TJK

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 15:08:55 »

Oh :( is the cornwall scenery nice?
Yes that a weary nice place to sail
Here you haw a picks of the aria, hope you can get a impression of the aria
Regards
TJK

Paddy134

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 18:12:32 »

Lovely  :D i may get the expantion now.

NathanC

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 19:13:56 »

Great, trust me, you'll love it  :D

Simaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 10:06:47 »

I have Tried the Ocean Star on a couple of ocasions but cannot seem to get the controls right and it keeps going into astern mode, I would be gratefull if someone could give me some tips on the successfull use of the controls.
Anthony (Simaddict)

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 11:35:01 »

I have Tried the Ocean Star on a couple of ocasions but cannot seem to get the controls right and it keeps going into astern mode, I would be gratefull if someone could give me some tips on the successfull use of the controls.

Use precision steering and the arrow keys. Using the mouse is hopeless, I don't know what they tried to do there but I got no control at all using the mouse on the pod controls. Keep an eye on the "rudder" indicators on the information panel, 0=ahead, 180=astern, 90 or -90= stern moves sideways. The engine controls only work on the green area of the pod controls, even when turning them to 180 and going astern. A handy key is the num pad decimal key, centers the pods to 0 (ahead).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 11:39:26 by Subwolf »

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 11:45:03 »

I agree to Subwolf, use the keyboard for steering! The "Ocean Star" is really easier to handle with precision steering by means of some neighbour keys. I have a German keyboard, so my situation may be different to yours, but I use the following settings for a comfortable manoeuvring: (A) and (S) for turning the port side pod in each direction, (Y) for amidship; (J) and (K) for turning the starboard side pod and (M) for amidship. Numpad for controlling the thrust (1-4-7) for port, (3-6-9) for starboard engine. To be honest, I hate the nice looking onboard levers and their colourful circles... ;)

Regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 12:07:47 »

Yes you can assign any key you like to the controls, but I prefer to operate the pods synchronized because I got full control and don't see the need to operate them differently. But the way you operate them is more realistic of course.

I agree about those circles around the controls, they are really annoying. Vstep should try to find a better solution and simply remove it.

Simaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 12:12:08 »

I thank you for your positive replys it does present me with more options of control to try, and I appreciate your assistance in the matter
Anthony (Simaddict)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines