Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 07:49:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I never got a Liscence key with SS2006?  (Read 8925 times)

NathanC

I never got a Liscence key with SS2006?
« on: April 01, 2008, 07:47:52 »

I bought Schiff Simulator 2006 from a German shop called "Media Markt" and i've just found out today that Ship Sim 2006 is meant to come wih a Liscence key. But i've looked everywhere on the CD Case, and there isn't a liscence key to be found!!??

This probably explains why i can't download SS2006 Patches, because i haven't registered it. Maybe i haven't got a key because i bought the version of the game with a case like this??? :

http://www.innovgroup.com/img/Single-CD-case-black.jpg

Captain Darling

• Forum member
Re: I never got a Liscence key with SS2006?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 08:04:22 »

The license key is on a white sticker on the front of the game manual.

And looking at the CD case, i don't think you recieved a manual? If not i guess you should send it back and get a refund... :-\
Regards,
James

NathanC

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:07:42 »

I bought it a long time ago....plus the case came back smashed after i bought it from a friend. But it definetly didn't come with a key   :-\

NathanC

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:26:31 »

This is the case itself:

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:40:07 »

isn't that a copy, mine ss06 was in a real box not plasticglass box

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

NathanC

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 13:07:59 »

If it is a copy there is something this shop (which is a big company and is well know) hasn't told me, plus there were actually lots of copies of Shipsim 2006 in boxes like this. I just picked the top one and bought it.

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 13:14:45 »

Maybe it is a real one, I didn't buy a German ss maybe thats because it's different

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 13:17:12 »

There's somting i don't understand you said you bought the game in a german shop, but you also said that ou bought it from a friend ??? ???

TJK

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 13:32:11 »

There's somting i don't understand you said you bought the game in a german shop, but you also said that ou bought it from a friend ??? ???
The friend works maybe in that shop
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 16:16:39 by TJK »

NathanC

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 17:02:05 »

No, a friend borrowed it from me

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 18:02:53 »

Oh, when you bought it from this German shop, did it come with a manual with a sticker on the front with the license key on it? Or when you let your friend borrow it and you didn't get the license key back?

I think you should contact Vstep themselves.. info@shipsim.com
Regards,
James

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 18:06:01 »

No, a friend borrowed it from me

A single copy of Ship Simulator cannot be installed on multiple machines. So really, you've broken the EULA if you and your friend have installed it with the same license key.

It is a possibility that your friend has kept the license key, although you would need to ask him ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

NathanC

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 19:57:09 »

CaptainSpencer, i know for a fact the game came without a manual, and i also mentioned lots of times that my game has not come with a Liscence key (including in the topic title) which means if it wasn't there, how could he steal it  ???

NathanC

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 19:57:35 »

Oh, when you bought it from this German shop, did it come with a manual with a sticker on the front with the license key on it? Or when you let your friend borrow it and you didn't get the license key back?

I think you should contact Vstep themselves.. info@shipsim.com

Nope, no sticker, no manual

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 20:50:05 »

Hmm, then i think you need to email vstep, as you should of gotten a manual.
Regards,
James

NathanC

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 07:42:45 »

Ok, thanks, will do  :)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 08:32:12 »

Well,
According to this info,that you gave us.
It does not realy look catholic,I think your friend sold that copy to you,and kept the licence-key code.He installed the game for himself,and took a part of the money back from you when he sold it.
The boxed versions here,are in a bigger box,not like a cd box,more a dvd-box.
Please,like some of us said,contact Vstep.
Try to figger out,under what name your friend is registered,maybe Vstep can help you than.
I'm not sure,however i think(but i may be wrong)this copy is elligal.
Marc
N

mark

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 10:35:02 »

The original Schiff-Simulator 2006 does not require a license key.

The license key is introduced in the first update called: Schiff-Simulator 2006 Platin, which is actually the same version as the international Ship Simulator 2006.

Schiff-Simulator 2006 was a release only sold in Germany. After we noticed the success in Germany we updated the game (added license key validation, multi language support and a lot of new features) and published it in Europe as Ship Simulator 2008 and in Germany as Schiff-Simulator 2006 Platin.

NathanC

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 10:52:23 »

Well,
According to this info,that you gave us.
It does not realy look catholic,I think your friend sold that copy to you,and kept the licence-key code.He installed the game for himself,and took a part of the money back from you when he sold it.
The boxed versions here,are in a bigger box,not like a cd box,more a dvd-box.
Please,like some of us said,contact Vstep.
Try to figger out,under what name your friend is registered,maybe Vstep can help you than.
I'm not sure,however i think(but i may be wrong)this copy is elligal.
Marc

No, no, no mark, i bought the game from a German shop called "Media Markt" then after a few weeks i uninstalled it to play SS2008. I then let my friend borrow it and then he uninstalled it and gave it back to me. It never had a liscence jey in the first place is what i'm trying to tell you, not that my friend has stolen the key, how could he steal it when it wasn't there in the first place  ::)

NathanC

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 10:53:47 »

The original Schiff-Simulator 2006 does not require a license key.

The license key is introduced in the first update called: Schiff-Simulator 2006 Platin, which is actually the same version as the international Ship Simulator 2006.

Schiff-Simulator 2006 was a release only sold in Germany. After we noticed the success in Germany we updated the game (added license key validation, multi language support and a lot of new features) and published it in Europe as Ship Simulator 2008 and in Germany as Schiff-Simulator 2006 Platin.

So where can i download this update? Every time i try to download patched from the site, it says i haven't got the game installed, but i have....

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 10:12:18 »

Hmmmmmmm a bit of a strange one that nathan, well, you have ship sim 08 working so i wouldn't complain haha  ;D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

NathanC

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 10:24:34 »

Hehe, well i only really play SS2006 when Multiplayer is down, or sometimes i just feel like playing it (and t's nice that i can run SS2006 on high graphics with no problems at all)

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 18:22:06 »

Yes, it is nice to run SS06 on high ;D. I don't really have a great comp so SS08 runs SO SLOW! Even on low graphics! It usually takes me 20 minutes on the ocean star to reach 20 knts.

Petr von Brunthal

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 16:51:35 »

I bought Schiff Simulator 2006 from a German shop called "Media Markt" and i've just found out today that Ship Sim 2006 is meant to come wih a Liscence key. But i've looked everywhere on the CD Case, and there isn't a liscence key to be found!!??

This probably explains why i can't download SS2006 Patches, because i haven't registered it. Maybe i haven't got a key because i bought the version of the game with a case like this??? :

http://www.innovgroup.com/img/Single-CD-case-black.jpg
I have this problem too.(Media Markt in the Germany)I have´nt friend in the shop,I´m only driver from czech.Well,this problem is my.(low prize is low prize)...Never more... ::)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 17:09:32 by Petr von Brunthal »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 07:54:29 »

Maybe it was just a general error Nathan? maybe the company that produced these copies of the game just missed yours or maybe a few as regards to lisence key.
Kind Regards,
Jack.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines