Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 14:20:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Horizons download?  (Read 5374 times)

Dave M

• Global Moderator
New Horizons download?
« on: March 20, 2008, 00:09:50 »

I did a search on this subject but only got, (http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,5359.0.html), I'm just wondering if, (when it comes out), it is possible to download 'New Horizons', (after paying for it obviously), from Vstep or somewhere? Like everyone else I don't want to wait for the postman to deliver a disc if I could download it immediately.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: New Horizons download?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 00:12:53 »

Hi Dave M,

Yes you can purchase a download version of the Addon from VSTEP, in the same manner you could/can also purchase their other products directly from them.

I know how you feel about that postman delivery time..  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 00:36:17 »

Hi Fred,
I have just had a look at the downloads available and obviously 'New Horizons' isn't on it. Is there any way that I could pre-pay for the download and leave my computer on so that it will be downloaded overnight on release day? It would save a lot of problems with the servers not being able to handle the volume of traffic. I saw Frank_Vstep's announcement that it had gone gold and I am concerned that there may be a problem. I am counting the minutes. ;D

Regards, Dave

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 00:48:29 »

Hi Dave,

No as far as I know you cannot pre order the download version.

You'll just have to be a little more patient.  :)
It will be okay, don't worry. ;)

Fred

Ship Sim

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 03:19:01 »

Will the download work with the North American version. ;)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 03:21:11 »

I honestly do not know.. Because I do not know if there is a difference between the actual game, between the US and UK..

Might have a different box, but perhaps the rest is just the same.. I don't want to speculate though..

FRed

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 03:25:43 »

FRed
Sticky Shift Key?

I assume it will work because it is the same game. Why would they make it not work. :p

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 03:33:33 »

Nah, but new keyboard and it's not as nice as the old one.. but I broke the space bar on that one.

SounlessIwantedtowritelikethisIreallyhadtogetanotherkeyboard.

And yeah, it should be the same game, but it's not uncommon for games to have different langauge/country versions to which you can only install the appropriate patches or addons.

Regards
Fred <- got it this time!  :)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 03:37:38 »

Nah, but new keyboard and it's not as nice as the old one.. but I broke the space bar on that one.

SounlessIwantedtowritelikethisIreallyhadtogetanotherkeyboard.

And yeah, it should be the same game, but it's not uncommon for games to have different langauge/country versions to which you can only install the appropriate patches or addons.

Regards
Fred <- got it this time!  :)

okbutwhatifigotthedownloadversionbeforeitcameoutintheusboxed?

:P

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 03:41:27 »

Well, IF it is compatible you could just install it.. and then you dont need the box..

But I don't know exacltly how it's all being done, so that's just speculation. :)

FreD  :)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 04:11:14 »

FreD  :)
Stupid keyboard again? :p

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 04:13:13 »

No, stupid writer.  ;D

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 07:41:48 »

Hello there, I found a little something something that everybody may find nice to see  ;).

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

NathanC

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 09:07:11 »

well, it's the day of the add-ons release..........so i guess the download will appear on the site in a few hours

I bought the boxed version........but my post office is shut until Tuesday  :(

ExHavendienstRotterdam

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 09:28:05 »

The "Big" day has arrived! ;D
"New Horizons" could be here any minute!
I'm sitting here in Australia waiting (impatiently) for the download link to appear ;)
Please give us some sort of time indication (Dutch time) when the link will be available today.
I'm ready for it, I have already bought a "twin" Joystick controller for the "Bugsier", all I have to now is wait............................................ ;)

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 22:50:39 »

I'm sitting here in Australia waiting (impatiently) for the download link to appear ;)
Please give us some sort of time indication (Dutch time) when the link will be available today.
I'm ready for it, I have already bought a "twin" Joystick controller for the "Bugsier", all I have to now is wait............................................ ;)

Say how about New Zealand, is going to be able to buy it when the rest of the world will or could i just buy-download or boxed version?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 00:11:12 »

It seems that you could download it now from here, [ http://www.gamesload.de/schiff_simulator_2008/ ], if you want. I'm not absolutely certain as I don't understand German very well.

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 00:25:35 »

That one looks like the original Ship Sim 2008 not New Horizons.  This one however

http://www.gamesload.de/schiff_simulator_2008_neue_horizonte/

Is New Horizons, not real good at German but doesn't look like a pre-order to me.  Looks like a download one for the German Version.  Anyone who can read German wanna see?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 00:27:42 by Cobrattack »

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 00:36:07 »

Yes, sorry Cobrattack, that was the one I meant to post.  :-[

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 00:44:33 »

Even if it is it I would highly suggest against getting the German version.  Not only will it change all of your menus and everything into German it may not even be compatible with your current English version  :-\

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 00:45:20 »

BTW nice sig saying Dave,, and sooo true!!

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 02:26:11 »

Even if it is it I would highly suggest against getting the German version.  Not only will it change all of your menus and everything into German it may not even be compatible with your current English version  :-\
If you go to this link, http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,6372.0.html , you will find that some of your suggestions may not be accurate, but, I agree that it probably, no matter how desperate you are, is not a good idea to download schiff_simulator_2008_neue_horizonte if you don't understand German, however, a lot of members out there have more than one language, (I have tried very hard to learn German but failed miserably,  :), at least I tried ;)), I think I may change the sig saying to, ("My grandmother says something, my ears hear something else."
The real meaning is deeper. It means that the young do not listen to the old.)  ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:54:45 by Dave M »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 05:00:52 »

If you go to this link, http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,6372.0.html , you will find that some of your suggestions may not be accurate, but, I agree that it probably, no matter how desperate you are, is not a good idea to download schiff_simulator_2008_neue_horizonte if you don't understand German, however, a lot of members out there have more than one language, (I have tried very hard to learn German but failed miserably,  :), at least I tried ;)), I think I may change the sig saying to, ("My grandmother says something, my ears hear something else."
The real meaning is deeper. It means that the young do not listen to the old.)  ;D

Well, i think i will probably wait until English version is out, once i have ordered this awsum game(Submarine Titans) from Germany and i did not know that it was completely in German.And unfortunately i don't play it since my  German is not up to standards so i can understand it as well as i thought.I'm always opened to trade it for English version anytime.

Thanks for your opinion anyway. 8)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Cobrattack

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 05:28:56 »

If you go to this link, http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,6372.0.html , you will find that some of your suggestions may not be accurate

WTH are you talking about??  I said

So sorry if I didn't want to let someone go out and buy something that may or may not even work and apparently he is having problems with the 2 verions hence the tech post.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 05:33:57 by Cobrattack »

Ship Sim

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 18:39:17 »

It will probably be released monday or tuesday. ;)< Random guess>
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines