Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 23:31:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Liverpool Titanic" gone...  (Read 23992 times)

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
Re: "Liverpool Titanic" gone...
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 09:48:03 »

As far as i know, the real thing had that. I'm sure i saw a pic somewhere...
my point exactly. pics from hull construction show it.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 10:42:24 »

Oh boy, looks like its gonna take awhile to convince people that the blue thing is a bug, that Titanic did not have it, and was not part of the ship.Instead the ship had that area charcoal black or just black.I will not rest until this blue thing is changed color to a proper black hole.I know it's not suppose to be there, im sure of it.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 12:57:40 »

Hello Third Mate,
In the  same source that you quote
..... And believe it or not the empty room behind the player sitting at the helm is the radio room indeed, and here are pictures and information about it, ....
this text mentions a different location for the radio room
Location of the radio room

The "Marconi room" was situated on the boat deck (ie: the same deck as the bridge), at the after end of the superstructure containing the bridge and officer's accommodation - it was about 40 feet aft from the bridge, connected via the corridor which ran down the port side of the officer's quarters.

The operating room was in the centre of the accommodation - it did not have an outside facing porthole. Natural light was provided via a skylight in the deckhead (ceiling).

The R/O's sleeping accommodation was in a separate room to starboard of the operating room - connected to the operating room by an interconnecting door. The R/O's shared the officer's toilet/washroom facilities across the corridor.

The Silent Room, containing the main transmitter, was immediately to port of the operating room.

Regards,
Luc

LucAtC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 13:31:41 »

Hello Third Mate,
I have found a picture if the bridge of the Titanic.Now according to this the ship had only 4 telegraphs instead of 5 and if you look at the steering wheel it has like a floor support wooden thing to step on.
In this topic of Encyclopedia Titanica, it is said that there were 5 telegraphs, with an extensive description of their supposed use. Also, Jason De Donno asks a question in this topic.
Moreover, the picture of the bridge you are showing doesn't show the port part, as only half of Nr 6 can be seen, Nr 8 missing entirely, where the port main engine telegraph could be positioned.
Do you have any other references to support that there were no 5 telegraphs? Comparing references is the best way to be sure indeed.
Regards,
Luc

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 17:08:13 »

The Olympic tried to help her sister ^^

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 00:22:30 »

Thanks for that Luc, it really solved that tangled problem :D.There are so many websites and the all contain all kind of different information about the ship and i do not know what to believe ???, but i can seem to trust this web you gave me :).However i was wondering, is the roof of the bridge meant to be white or meant to have a wooden floor ???.Also i though the inside of the bridge meant to be white and have any lines because thats how i remember it, so yeah...what do you think about that?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:16:58 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 01:19:28 »

Hello everybody, i have found Titanic's whistles, and they sound different from the SS08 Titanic.

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_whistles.shtml

OMG, i just had a brilliant idea to, why not make a second horn button, and Titanic would have a departure whistle and a general whistle(which it has at the moment).Because these whistle sound much different from the SS08 Titanic's.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

LucAtC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 01:46:50 »

...However i was wondering, is the roof of the bridge meant to be white or meant to have a wooden floor ???.Also i though the inside of the bridge meant to be white and have any lines because thats how i remember it, so yeah...what do you think about that?
Sorry Third Mate, no idea. The only thing one can guess, is that the roof was probably made of 2" planks (battens?) (rigidity, walkable, no iron nor steel) pitchpine?
The joints were probably visible from both sides, and the planks probably painted, so you could be right about that indeed, but I really don't know. Inside wheelhouses wood could have been varnished of painted, "de gustibus...".
I suppose that the grating (right word?) behind the wheel could have been teak wood?

And also, in your sig, may I say that "hard-a-starboard" meant turning the ship to port in these days, and consequently, you would have stopped the port engine, not the starboard one.  ;)
Regards,
Luc

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 04:15:17 »

very strange indeed... but that could be a possibility here, my brain is still trying to figure this out....there are a few mistakes, about 7 missing features here in the ship, coming with it about 2 or 3 bugs and errors still.But i will do a full inspection of the ship and i will make a list of the things that are missing bugs again to have everything here.So maybe one day in future they will be resolved.But, i must say VSTEP has done a dam good job on the vessel so far, just needs to be "updated" a little bit more.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 04:44:16 »

Inspection of the Royal Mail Steamer Titanic has been completed, here are the results:

Missing features/errors/updates

The flag at the back is upside down

The wooden rails need to be like a cherry brown(darkened)

Lights(Need lot of lights)

Extra white steam coming from that long pipe next to the chimneys(each one)

White steam blowing out of the whistle while it is being blown

Again blue area at the bow, where 3rd anchor hole is located needs to be black and not have any blue around that hole what so ever

"Titanic Liverpool", is missing from the back

Smoke needs more particles

The roof of the bridge house needs to be (wooden floor).

I just had to do this, because i want to help VSTEP make this a better ship :), im not asking to have any fancy stuff, just her ordinary things which are missing at the moment ::).

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 06:25:43 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 05:22:20 »

Inspection of the Royal Mail Steamer Titanic has been completed, here are the results:

Missing features/errors/updates

The flag at the back is upside down

The wooden rails need to be like a cherry brown(darkened)

Lights(Need lot of lights)

Extra white steam coming from that long pipe next to the chimneys(each one)

White steam blowing out of the whistle while it is being blown

Again blue area at the bow, where 3rd anchor hole is located needs to be black and not have any blue around that hole what so ever

"Titanic Liverpool", is missing from the back

Smoke needs more particles

The roof of the bridge house needs to be either (white(currently) or have a wooden floor)?

I just had to do this, because i want to help VSTEP make this a better ship :), im not asking to have any fancy stuff, just her ordinary things which are missing at the moment ::).

ahem?

(from page one)

The SS08 Titanic is also missing her notice boards, and all four funnels are of equal heights. And she's without the board of trade mark. And rivets. And the Draft numbers Third Mate mentioned were also at the stern, foreward of the rudder, which the model also lacks. and the lifeboats are without the "SS Titanic" and  "Liverpool" labels. and her bells are gone. The doors on the foremast to access the crows nest are also missing.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 06:24:44 »

Plenty more there.... :-X, thanks for that.Must of missed a few.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 11:32:28 »

I have discovered another missing thing.This one is part of each of the 4 funnels.Now at the top of each funnel there as like a smoke guard thing, sadly i have no idea what it was acualy called but each of the 4 funnel's had one on top.this is the only picture i could put on because i could not find a better example.Lets just hope they will patch up this ship sometime, because these updates really need to be done.

I just know VSTEP is going to have so much fun with this already  ;D.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:34:11 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 11:59:32 »

I have discovered another missing thing.This one is part of each of the 4 funnels.Now at the top of each funnel there as like a smoke guard thing, sadly i have no idea what it was acualy called but each of the 4 funnel's had one on top.this is the only picture i could put on because i could not find a better example.Lets just hope they will patch up this ship sometime, because these updates really need to be done.

I just know VSTEP is going to have so much fun with this already  ;D.
yes they do. but the 4. funnel has a little different top ;D

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2008, 12:02:51 »

Hello everybody, i have found Titanic's whistles, and they sound different from the SS08 Titanic.

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_whistles.shtml

OMG, i just had a brilliant idea to, why not make a second horn button, and Titanic would have a departure whistle and a general whistle(which it has at the moment).Because these whistle sound much different from the SS08 Titanic's.
hey Third Mate, i think someone can save this horn and put the horn in here. so can we put this horn into the game ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2008, 23:31:49 »

hey Third Mate, i think someone can save this horn and put the horn in here. so can we put this horn into the game ;D
the whistle is already in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxqchAlCQA

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 05:43:55 »

OH YES THAT WOULD BE SO AWSUM, think how good it will sound :D:D:D:D

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 05:47:06 »

yes they do. but the 4. funnel has a little different top ;D

Indeed, you are correct here Capitan, and aperantly the dummy funnel was used as ventilation, and believe it or not there was actually smoke coming out of the funnel, but just little dough, that was that extra stuff that was not need it.Had to come on one way to ;) :)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 14:14:35 »

the whistle is already in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxqchAlCQA
this was two different horns. this horn most be fake to Titanic. indeed Third mate got a more realistic site ;D

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 11:11:28 »

this was two different horns. this horn most be fake to Titanic. indeed Third mate got a more realistic site ;D

That was a low pressure horn blow, however watch this video and hear the horn at a high pressure BLOW that was blowned in April 14,1912 at 12:00 PM !

Horn is blowned in between 2:22 to 2:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0zojWt0dN0&feature=related
Always got some of my videos from youtube ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:13:31 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2008, 14:29:32 »

Is this horn like Titanics horn ???
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 15:50:12 by captain best »

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 14:35:26 »

That was a low pressure horn blow, however watch this video and hear the horn at a high pressure BLOW that was blowned in April 14,1912 at 12:00 PM !

Horn is blowned in between 2:22 to 2:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0zojWt0dN0&feature=related
Always got some of my videos from youtube ;D
You ACTUALLY believe the movie has the real horn?

Oh, and btw, to answer your wheel house roof question, it WAS white. The most accurrate Titanic model in the world shows it that way.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 17:41:29 »

Is this horn like Titanics horn ???

No, the first one is Queen Mary 2's from the VS model.

And the second is the Queen Mary 1's horn also from VS.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2008, 00:56:59 »

No, the first one is Queen Mary 2's from the VS model.

And the second is the Queen Mary 1's horn also from VS.
VS? Oh, @#$%, that game has the worst Titanic model I've ever seen!

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2008, 04:42:22 »

You ACTUALLY believe the movie has the real horn?

Oh, and btw, to answer your wheel house roof question, it WAS white. The most accurate Titanic model in the world shows it that way.

Uh huh, i think it's real, well it was in the movie right?I mean i have heard 3 different whistles from Titanic with this one now.

SS08 horn
Movie Horn
And the one from Mary janes website/Youtube, so which is real one here?

Gee i was confused about the wheel house roof, because in half of the pictures involving the Titanic's wheel house roof, they are have a wooden roof, and in the other half the have a white roof.In the movie to, in half of the movie(begging) you can see the wheel house roof having wooden planks, and the other half of the movie it's white.Man, the world is confusing..... ??? :-X
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 04:49:06 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines