Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 01:21:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bismark  (Read 13389 times)

cpt.Young

• Forum member
The Bismark
« on: June 07, 2007, 21:54:38 »

Where is the remains of the bismark ???
as the person

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
Re: The Bismark
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 03:05:16 »

North Atlantic. I am not sure of the precise coordinates. It is, if memory serves, a few hours off the coast of Eastern Canada and the Eastern American Seaboard.
-Dave

Moderator, Ship Simulator Official Forums
Founder, The Ship Simulator New Vessel Design Group
Designer - Print, Branding, Fashion, Identity Systems

The New Vessel Design Group - Bringing gamers ideas to Ship Simulator

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 23:40:05 »

Its actually about 400 miles west of the french coast (brittany) at the join of the bay of biscay and the western english channel.

Its all on Wikipedia, I looked weeks ago.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 08:36:55 »

Its actually about 400 miles west of the french coast (brittany) at the join of the bay of biscay and the western english channel.

Its all on Wikipedia, I looked weeks ago.

Stu

Hrm . . . I stand corrected. ;) I got it confused with where she was trying to go (where supposively a U-Boat was coming to intercept the Bismark and come to her aid).
-Dave

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 10:50:44 »

Wouldn't the bismark be a ship voor s s?

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 01:32:30 »

Wouldn't the bismark be a ship voor s s?

??
-Dave

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 15:22:06 »

the bismark in ship sim..... Just like the titanic sort of speak.

Gustav

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 20:18:39 »

It would be fun to have her in the game but vstep dosent like warships in this game.
Sincerely Gustav.

"All religions must be accepted, Because every man must come to heaven the way he see fit". Whilhelm 2 "Whilhelm Grobe"

Nescit Occasum

Wonko_The_Sane

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 21:42:22 »

It would be fun to have her in the game but VStep doesn't like warships in this game.
That's a shame. Personally, I think the lines of vessels such as the Bismarck are very graceful & beautiful.

I guess to each, their own.

On a separate, yet related point; here is a gentleman who is serious about wanting his own German battleship simulator!

http://www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/german_models/admiralgrafspeeterra.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 21:46:15 by Wonko_The_Sane »

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 09:48:49 »

That's a shame. Personally, I think the lines of vessels such as the Bismarck are very graceful & beautiful.

I guess to each, their own.

On a separate, yet related point; here is a gentleman who is serious about wanting his own German battleship simulator!

http://www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/german_models/admiralgrafspeeterra.html

I see your point and share it. It is feared many will become disgruntled with these vessels since they cannot use them in combat. The focus of this game is to pilot and the like. I think a good compromise for both sides is to bring carriers into the game.
-Dave

Season

• Forum member

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 11:17:56 »

I see your point and share it. It is feared many will become disgruntled with these vessels since they cannot use them in combat. The focus of this game is to pilot and the like. I think a good compromise for both sides is to bring carriers into the game.

Did combat flight simulator not start as a spin of from msfs?

On a serious point, none of the naval warfare games have good ship dynamics etc. The ss06 would be a really good start for such a sim. Just need a way of making it go 'bang' every so often.

Now there's a version to the game/sim that I think would sell a lot of copies..

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 12:32:42 »

It would be fun to have her in the game but vstep dosent like warships in this game.

Actually, Vstep have said no such thing.  In fact, in a post I made on the old forums suggesting a Combat Ship Simulator, one of the developers said it was a good idea and that they would consider it for a future version.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 21:05:25 »

Actually, Vstep have said no such thing.  In fact, in a post I made on the old forums suggesting a Combat Ship Simulator, one of the developers said it was a good idea and that they would consider it for a future version.

Yes, considered. I have heard, however, more opinions against than for it. But it would be interesting.
-Dave

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 21:08:41 »

Did combat flight simulator not start as a spin of from msfs?

On a serious point, none of the naval warfare games have good ship dynamics etc. The ss06 would be a really good start for such a sim. Just need a way of making it go 'bang' every so often.

Now there's a version to the game/sim that I think would sell a lot of copies..

Stu

Indeed, CFS did start off as a spin of MSFS and remains so. I do not recall it selling like MSFS, though. I was expecting to see a CFS X come out - I have heard nothing of it. It would be really nice since they have a new development team on MSFS I could see CFS getting better.

And yes, SS has a lot better dyhnamics than combat naval simulators. I think especially with the new rough wave system coming into SS08, I could see naval combat becoming all the more challenging and fun. ;). I do admit, Battlestations Midway is a little too simple in terms of controls, however, their graphics engine and the two modes of playability are pretty nice - not to mention the increased sense of strategy in the game.

The one true, awesome naval combat sim was Task Force 1942 - it is sad that a new version of that game never came into existence.
-Dave

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 21:34:14 »

Indeed, CFS did start off as a spin of MSFS and remains so. I do not recall it selling like MSFS, though. I was expecting to see a CFS X come out - I have heard nothing of it. It would be really nice since they have a new development team on MSFS I could see CFS getting better.

There is a new MSTS due out next year apparently, by the new MSFS team.  That should be pretty 8) I reckon :D

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 23:31:09 »

There is a new MSTS due out next year apparently, by the new MSFS team.  That should be pretty 8) I reckon :D

Regards.

DJM.

Kuji - the original developers- are releasing their new rail sim at the same time. If you believe their press statement. Looking good, but there is little faith in the finished product ever coming out.

This is attributable to Kuji not keeping people informed. We may complain here about Vstep not telling us much, but they do by comparison to other sim/game developers.

Stu

cpt.Young

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 23:50:19 »

Thanks evrybody for the awnsers thats what i thought
as the person

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 00:38:22 »

Regards.

DJM.

Any word of a new CFS?

If VStep does wish to move into making a CSS, it would be a product that would very likely fly off the shelves . . .  Of course, it would need a lot more controls, menu interfaces, probably some storyline (nothing too major), and different nation research and model development (similar to what we are doing now - except the demand for realism would be MUCH higher).
-Dave

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 00:40:46 »

Any word of a new CFS?

If VStep does wish to move into making a CSS, it would be a product that would very likely fly off the shelves . . .  Of course, it would need a lot more controls, menu interfaces, probably some storyline (nothing too major), and different nation research and model development (similar to what we are doing now - except the demand for realism would be MUCH higher).

Last one I heard of was the latest, not checked recently.  I guess it's possible with MSFS and MSTS being re-done :)

I think CSS would go down well with all the people interested in Navy manoeuvres and the like.  Would make a pretty penny too I reckon ;)

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 00:42:55 »

Last one I heard of was the latest, not checked recently.  I guess it's possible with MSFS and MSTS being re-done :)

I think CSS would go down well with all the people interested in Navy manoeuvres and the like.  Would make a pretty penny too I reckon ;)

I got dibs on the Yamato and Fuso! HA HA HA HA!

I think MSTS was taken over by another firm . . .  It flies under the Microsoft title but is developed outside. I would like to see a new MSTS, as well. I get lost in that game from time to time . . .
-Dave

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 00:46:02 »

ROFL, you got it friend ;D

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 00:51:10 »

ROFL, you got it friend ;D

Fuso - now their was a girl that could knock the Bismark about . . .  6 double-barreled 15 inch cannons. YUM!! Not to mention a supterstructure 17 decks high. Talk about a view!!
-Dave

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 00:51:22 »

I think MSTS was taken over by another firm . . .  It flies under the Microsoft title but is developed outside. I would like to see a new MSTS, as well. I get lost in that game from time to time . . .

Kuji developed MSTS 1 for Microsoft, but it was micromush game. They also developed msts2 for MS but that was never released. Kuji decided to do their own and release it through electronic arts... lo and behold, micomush decided they DID want a msts update after all and commisioned their msfs company to make it.

It is directly competing with kuji

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 00:53:04 »

So what is the forecast on the new game?
-Dave

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines