Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 18:49:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bismark  (Read 13283 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: The Bismark
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 22:05:28 »

I'm not an expert, although your point makes sense. But I get the impression that in this day and age that to avoid a missile, a pilot relies n chaff and flares and ECMs.

Is this laziness on the part of air forces training or simply a reliance on electronics. Having watched the red arrows many times, Im sure the pilots are capable of impressive manouvers.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2007, 22:13:28 »

The counter measures are far more advanced and capable today, but so are the missiles.  The day may well come when a pilot will be flying for his/her (maybe) life and the ability of their aircraft to maouver will be vital.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 15:33:43 by Captain Davies »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2007, 22:22:43 »

So what is the forecast on the new game?

This is the point I've made here when people complain that Vstep hasn't 'kept them up to date'. Compared to the rail sims, they have.

Kuji are keeping people guessing so much that the discussion group is more or less dead- yet the occasional video shows ome really good work- I think they have woken up recently to how people are losing interest in it.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2007, 09:04:27 »

This is the point I've made here when people complain that Vstep hasn't 'kept them up to date'. Compared to the rail sims, they have.

Kuji are keeping people guessing so much that the discussion group is more or less dead- yet the occasional video shows ome really good work- I think they have woken up recently to how people are losing interest in it.

Stu

Yes, the devs need to realize it is driving gamers nuts and often they go to the companies that inform them and keep them excited about the product.
-Dave

Moderator, Ship Simulator Official Forums
Founder, The Ship Simulator New Vessel Design Group
Designer - Print, Branding, Fashion, Identity Systems

The New Vessel Design Group - Bringing gamers ideas to Ship Simulator

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2007, 09:34:16 »

Yes, the devs need to realize it is driving gamers nuts and often they go to the companies that inform them and keep them excited about the product.

I agree, anticipation needs to be met with some juicy bits of information ;D.  Vstep have done that in my opinion, keeping us very interested in development, instead of keeping us almost in the dark (like other developers).

If I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to Vstep ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2007, 10:04:04 »

HA HA Well said!
-Dave

Moderator, Ship Simulator Official Forums
Founder, The Ship Simulator New Vessel Design Group
Designer - Print, Branding, Fashion, Identity Systems

The New Vessel Design Group - Bringing gamers ideas to Ship Simulator

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2007, 21:48:25 »

Dave you make a good point about companies that DON'T keep potential customers informed- just look at some of the railsim developers (not mentioing k*ji by name).

But vstep HAS kept people informed- which is never a bad PR thing. The videos of today are superb and I'm going to buy a new PC ready... just on the strength of those photos.

Stu
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines