Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 23:00:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Demo  (Read 4839 times)

Pilot of the Sea

• Forum member
Demo
« on: June 05, 2007, 17:00:46 »

Has there been a demo version of ShipSim2008 released?

If so, where can i find it?
 ???
Pilot of the Sea :)

www.getfirefox.com

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: Demo
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 17:23:28 »

Nope!  :'(

The development of SS08 is still on the way...

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 17:25:27 »

Its probably best to have a quick look around the forum. There is a wealth of information for those using 2006 and 2008.

Try looking at http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,44.0.html

In short, there is no demo yet.

Stuart
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Ship Sim

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 22:47:46 »

If they release a demo. I think it would be nice to let you play the real game for 30 mins to a hour. Then to keep playing you have to buy a liscense key. ;D

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 00:40:28 »

or you can drive on one port wid one boat! and you can not use waves! peopel had to be crasy to get it for that test! When the demo of ss06, can you drive 2boat or something! I was soo angry for i not can drive the last 4boats so i had to buy it!  ;D

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:30:02 »

you should be able to try waves! >:(  that is important 
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

con875

• Forum member
Demo
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 13:38:02 »

Do you know when the ss08 Demo is coming out. :-\

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 13:44:41 »

Sometime in august!  ;)

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 15:27:15 »

I think a demo which gives us un unlimited amount of time to test the system specs is essential.  Personally, if I find that the game runs ok in a demo the very next thing I'll do is order the real game.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 23:55:41 »

Capt D... Surely you can't be naive like that??? An unlimited time game? How many people would then NOT order the full game. Do you really need unlimited time to make sure your PC can handle it? No, of course not.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 02:05:47 »

Stu, The 2006 demo was unlimited.

COBERA

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 02:31:53 »

Yes I agree Captain Kool, Stu if anyone is being naive I think it's you. If you don't recall the SS06 demo was Unlimited Time but you didn't have unlimited space.

In the SS06 Demo you had a small mission to do in a small area of Rotterdam and in in the Harbour Patrol vessel.

I think you miss understood Capatin David, what he ment was the above... Unlimited time to try out a small area of a harbour in one of the vessels!

I think you owe some one an apology Stu

Sincerely,

COBERA

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 23:54:20 »

I will not apologise. I think expecting an unlimited time demo is not a reasonable demand.

If you think that no one will just play about with an unlimited demo and not buy the original then I am sorry, but you are being naive.

How on earth you can call my viewpoint naive is beyond me. Misplaced or wrong, well maybe that's your opinion. But calling me naive?

If you wish to take this further, please PM me. I don't like arguing with people like you in public.

Stu

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 02:41:03 »

I don't see how you think it's okay to call some-one else naive, but *NO-ONE'S* allowed to call you naive because you're *TOO GOOD* to be called naive.

AND don't go angry at us for this reply, because YOU started it you can only blame yourself.

Thankyou

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 18:05:35 »

Capt D... Surely you can't be naive like that??? An unlimited time game? How many people would then NOT order the full game. Do you really need unlimited time to make sure your PC can handle it? No, of course not.

Stu

Well Stu, I think I will start by making it clear that what I want is a simple demo, with a small area of a harbour and one boat to sail about in and an unlimited amount of time, or at least more resonable than an hour or half an hour.  The SS06 demo was unlimited in time and it does not appear that sales were badly harmed for the full version. 

I don't see how a demo following the paramaters of the original can be considered an apt substitute for the full game by anyone.  If someone does find themselves fully satisfied by a demo then they probably had no intention of buying the game in the first place.  It feel that people are in fact detered by companies which impose time limits on their demos as it makes them look tight fisted. 

Whereas a company that gives a taster of unlimited time shows confidence in their own product and its ability to sell despite the availability of an unlimited demo.  It reassures customers if anything.  It would also suggest to potential customers that becasue the company is not tight fisted, they will be eager to put in time and money to support the customers and improve their gaming experience long after purchase.  Which is certainly true of Vstep.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 18:07:38 by Captain Davies »

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 20:47:46 »

Well Stu, I think I will start by making it clear that what I want is a simple demo, with a small area of a harbour and one boat to sail about in and an unlimited amount of time, or at least more resonable than an hour or half an hour.  The SS06 demo was unlimited in time and it does not appear that sales were badly harmed for the full version. 

I don't see how a demo following the paramaters of the original can be considered an apt substitute for the full game by anyone.  If someone does find themselves fully satisfied by a demo then they probably had no intention of buying the game in the first place.  It feel that people are in fact detered by companies which impose time limits on their demos as it makes them look tight fisted. 

Whereas a company that gives a taster of unlimited time shows confidence in their own product and its ability to sell despite the availability of an unlimited demo.  It reassures customers if anything.  It would also suggest to potential customers that becasue the company is not tight fisted, they will be eager to put in time and money to support the customers and improve their gaming experience long after purchase.  Which is certainly true of Vstep.

What he said (look up ::))
Ich hasse dich.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines