Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 18:51:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch 1.5.5 Released  (Read 22656 times)

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
Re: Patch 1.5.5 Released
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 17:18:47 »

Why I can't come in Oceana interior? Near stars is invisible wall..

Are you talking about the staircase thats just behind the the bridge. If so I think the staircase was there at one point probably during beta testing then was removed due to compatibility issues with the game.

Seems that Steam/Valve has the time to patch other games but they cannot fix a tiny issue with the exe version being wrong for 1.5.5 for users who have SSE on Steam. I don't understand why the exe build issue would come up.

Has anyone tried reinstalling SSE for the Steam version to see if it corrects itself for the newest build exe-- 1100 1.5.5?
"Ship Sim Extremes Woohoo!"

"Oceana© is and always will be my Favorite Ship in the Ship Sim© Series

Gaxass

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 18:44:03 »

Thanks, and next problem with Oceana - sounds in bridge. Why motor sounds in bridge is very loud? I think motors sounds absolutely should not be heard..

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2013, 20:21:49 »

Thanks, and next problem with Oceana - sounds in bridge. Why motor sounds in bridge is very loud? I think motors sounds absolutely should not be heard..

That may be her bow thruster sounds you're hearing from the bridge. I think the engine sounds are hearable at the Atrium area to the stern. I agree they should be a lot quieter than they are. But I think that would require the indoor sounds to be lowered.

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2013, 20:40:19 »

That may be her bow thruster sounds you're hearing from the bridge. I think the engine sounds are hearable at the Atrium area to the stern. I agree they should be a lot quieter than they are. But I think that would require the indoor sounds to be lowered.

each to there own on this one . I like to here the engine from the bridge and the bow thruster working as i use the bridge view most of the time.

Casey13

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2013, 23:00:06 »

The Jumbo Javelin still doesn't have a staircase or the teleport function that it had in 2008. Once i'm on the deck of the ship there's no way to get back to the bridge. :(

How do you even get on the deck of the Jumbo Javelin in the first place?

Tug Hunter

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2013, 15:45:39 »

Hello all,

It a nice update also now whit the lights tugboat is now also able to swits to dificult in manoeuvering and a normal tow will show 3 white lights in in the mast. Also pilot have other lights when you don't have a pilot you can put the normals lights on. Its searching for the lights but it is but under the standard buttons of the list of lights.

But it is a good step forward.
Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet
Hessel Buren Terschelling
www.tugsalvage.nl

Your Mayday is our call for giving assistence

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2013, 16:38:55 »

How do you even get on the deck of the Jumbo Javelin in the first place?

Hold in 3 or use the walkthrough camera reset

svennemann

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:12 »

I am using steam, does anyone know when steam update to 1.55

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2013, 11:21:28 »

Hi
You will most likely have update you can check in options (Pic)

Ule

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2013, 13:48:54 »

No still 1.50 for steam users. Let's be patient.................... >:(

Greetings from Borkum, Uli
FX8150 (8 Cores Zambesi) auf Biostar TA990FXE
Grafik: HD 7850
8 GB Ram
256 GB Samsung 830 SSD
Win7/64 Prof

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 17:03:03 »

The only people who have version 1.5.5 are those who do not have the Steam version.

Steam screwed up on the patch and did not change the build version number.
Some friends say they didn't even get the patch and they have auto update on and still nothing at all.

I find it very disappointing that Steam has time to patch other games but not SSE?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 17:31:33 »

I think you will find that Steam HAVE updated the patch but NOT the build number. This they did previously, and really does it matter all that much, as long as you have the patch? ::) I can report that the multiplayer servers are now working correctly, at least on the Vstep version of the game. :thumbs:
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 21:47:55 »

I think you will find that Steam HAVE updated the patch but NOT the build number. This they did previously, and really does it matter all that much, as long as you have the patch? ::) I can report that the multiplayer servers are now working correctly, at least on the Vstep version of the game. :thumbs:

I had a couple friends try and connect to my server that im hosting and they have the steam version and I have the shipsim.com version and it says they have the wrong build number and cannot connect. :(

Captain_Norway

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 14:54:15 »

Looks like the Steam Versjon of the game is running correctely, finaly :) have noot been on the game in a few days and i was yesterday and the game is 1.5.5 but still wrong build number  :)

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2013, 11:55:28 »

I checked yesterday and in my steam version online my multiplayer still didnt work.

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2013, 20:25:56 »

maybe not a new simulator but the light update is good and the improvement in ship dynamics visible.

so i clap my hands for the people who fought that even any resources at all were spend on sse.

best regards .

francesco

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2013, 16:27:44 »

On which ships you found dynamics changes? What kind? I am asking because i was curious about those, but didn't have much time to check in game.

Torslunde

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2013, 17:46:40 »

Apollo IV is faster which is more realistic, and Vermaas is not oversteering so wild.
Am sure there is a lot of improvements to the other vessels too :)

Apejens

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2013, 08:45:45 »

Has the Albatros now got CP propellers?
Can't seem to see any difference in my Steam version...

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2013, 08:51:43 »

I think it doesn't...Albatross is an old ship and if she it was real it wouldn't have CP propellers system... :doh:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2013, 11:46:46 »

Hello Apejens, GeoP17,

The patch 1.5.5 changed the propellers to controllable pitch, in accordance of your references.
I don't know how Steam updates work, but the stock InlandDLC reverts the patch 1.5.5 to 1.5.0, so that 1.5.5 should be re-installed after having installed the InlandDLC. This mistake is probably due to the (wrong) choice of an initial DLC version previous to 1.5.5. Unfortunately, it also lost last minute changes intended to use the now player barges in multiplayer, as well as the Roeier workboat wild behaviour at full rudder/RPM.

The workaround for the version downloaded from the Vstep site has been tested successfully thanks to some Dutch players, but we don't know if it can be used for the Steam versions.

Could you please test this:
After having installed the DLC, having restored patch 1.5.5., the contents of the attached zip should be placed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstep", and Albatross IV should have inwards CPP now, which as you know can be checked by her less favourable turning, just one side ahead without rudder.

If the results are positive, the workaround should make its way through the download both at Vstep and Steam...

Regards,
Luc

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines