Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 08:59:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: virtual sea network  (Read 22172 times)

afik_t_king

• Forum member
Re: SS08 Project
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2007, 19:52:10 »

you're ready but are the people who will register ready? :P
hmm....I think with the replies here, there are ready.
But still, nobody can register until the new version will be released.

But I will give you some of VSN... ;D

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 02:11:45 »

I'd like to join( i tend to tweak things out,and does anybody have HALO 3???)

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2007, 09:50:19 »

Wow, this is looking great!

I allso have a idea for the exams and normal sailing.

If you make any damage (even 1%), you don't succeed in the exam or you lose experience for your ranking.

I just hope that it doesn't have to do anything with speed.

I could help with the exams for small ships if nobody else wants to.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 09:51:56 by Sam »

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 13:39:27 »

Wow, this is looking great!

I allso have a idea for the exams and normal sailing.

If you make any damage (even 1%), you don't succeed in the exam or you lose experience for your ranking.

I just hope that it doesn't have to do anything with speed.

I could help with the exams for small ships if nobody else wants to.
First of all thank you very much.
When I've said exam, I meant to a test with 10+ questions about the rank. Like how to use the tugboat, there are rules for that. All the metirial will be on the recourses page at the website.
Also there will be a small practical test, when the sailor need to navigate his vessel, and will face some of the questions in the water.

There are alot of great ideas, like the damage. But our system is NOT a software that connected the the ship simulator, it's a web based system, that sailor login, fill a report form (date, vessel, sail hours and so...), and send it. Soon I will put a link to the site when he will be finished, and everything will be clear.

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 13:44:01 »

Cool! :)

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 14:17:34 »

And because you was good kids, I will show you the Roster section of VSN system.
Now you see only me in the roster, because I'm the only one that registered  ;D

http://vsnapu.atwebpages.com/roster.php

Don't notice the long address, it's just because everything is now under construction. After everything will be ready, we will have a nice address  ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 14:20:07 by afik_t_king »

afik_t_king

• Forum member
Re: Virtual Sea Network
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 21:58:43 »

Virtual Sea Network website is open!!!
http://virtualseanetwork.co.nr/
You can visit all the pages, the system, the chat, the forum, the webpages and more.

Updates- Almost everything is ready.
The chat page is not working now, because he's under construction.
The Training page is also under construction, we gathering alot of information.
There is a new system, that all sailors that going to sail online, need to fill a form that the controllers can see the ship's information.
Also the exams are under construction.

That's about it.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 01:08:51 »

Sorry if I am being very dense here. I left my Mensa IQ certificate behind.

1)It's an online scoring system? In what way is this different from Vsteps online scoring system?
2)It's a totally standalone system... Well, good luck. I think you will need some.
3)It's a multiplayer clan like DJM suggested. Would it not be worh while waiting until Vstep gives a little more info on how the multiplayer system will work.

As for the website- it's a series of 'under construction'. Sorry if I'm knocking you here, but I can't see what you're trying to do. At all.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 07:27:19 »

Sorry if I am being very dense here. I left my Mensa IQ certificate behind.

1)It's an online scoring system? In what way is this different from Vsteps online scoring system?
2)It's a totally standalone system... Well, good luck. I think you will need some.
3)It's a multiplayer clan like DJM suggested. Would it not be worh while waiting until Vstep gives a little more info on how the multiplayer system will work.

As for the website- it's a series of 'under construction'. Sorry if I'm knocking you here, but I can't see what you're trying to do. At all.

Stu
First of all, to make it clear, it's not a clan that people can sail anywhere, anytime.
There will be pilots, tug boaters, sailors, and of course- Port Controllers. We will user real world documents to make the sailing experience as realistic as possible. Every rank that a sailor would like to get, he will have to pass an exam on the material. It won't be a group of people that sail together, there will be port controllers that will take care of emergency, port operations, and so on. I compared it before to VATSIM on Flight Simulator. You can say that it is a big clan, but they also have Airport Controllers, and fly in the most realistic way.

About the site, there is alot of under construction, guess why, because it's under construction!
And by the way, only the Chat and Training page are under construction, 2 out of 7, not much.

And now we just preparing the basic resources of this project, like forum, website, system, voice server and so long...I said before, that we are waiting to the new version to be released, and only then, we will finish this project.
Also this time we are gathering resources, documents, and more information about real sailing, that we can use this documents in this project.
Most of the great documents, are in Hebrew. So now we are translating this documents, so that everybody can read them.

I think that's about it all.
It's not a clan, it's much bigger, and much more realistic and challenging.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:30:40 by afik_t_king »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 07:33:42 »

Examples make it so much easier...

VSN Ship Information- DetailsCallsign: VSN001
Sailor Name: Afik Rahamim
Vessel Type: Tugboat
Date: 10/06/07
Current Rank: Sailor
Sail Number: 001
Departure: New York
Departure Time: 1302
Destination: Rotterdam
Destination Time: 1503
Passengers/Cargo: 30 passengers
Vessel Characteristics: Small Tugboat
Currect Flag: A
Remarks: None

That is his time card, once he is done sailing he will close it and add the time to his "List".

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 07:43:39 »

Examples make it so much easier...

VSN Ship Information- DetailsCallsign: VSN001
Sailor Name: Afik Rahamim
Vessel Type: Tugboat
Date: 10/06/07
Current Rank: Sailor
Sail Number: 001
Departure: New York
Departure Time: 1302
Destination: Rotterdam
Destination Time: 1503
Passengers/Cargo: 30 passengers
Vessel Characteristics: Small Tugboat
Current Flag: A
Remarks: None

That is his time card, once he is done sailing he will close it and add the time to his "List".
Yes.
Like in the real world when a ship arrived to a port, the port authorories check her documents, in VSN the Port Controllers check the ship's information.

And if you don't know what the Current flag means, here are the Alphabet Flags-
http://www.sailorschoice.com/seamanship/alphabet_pennants.htm
When the ships is made an important action, the sailor will modify the information, and change his flag to his current flag. If for example he need assistense, he will change his flag to V (Victor).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 07:46:04 by afik_t_king »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 07:50:16 »

Yes.

I stole that quote & list from you :p

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: VIRTUAL SEA NETWORK
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 10:29:50 »

OK. I suppose having ONLY 14% of your website under construction at any one time is totally OK.

I wish you well, I can foresee quite a few people wanting to report to you then seek your permission to play another mission. Best of luck.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 12:47:03 »

OK. I suppose having ONLY 14% of your website under construction at any one time is totally OK.

I wish you well, I can foresee quite a few people wanting to report to you then seek your permission to play another mission. Best of luck.

Stu
Again, you not understanding the meaning of VSN.
It's not like people can sail anywhere and anyway they want, and just reporting about it, and gain new ranks. That will be boarding.

VSN IT'S ALL ABOUT REALISM!!!

It's not that you want to be a Port Controller, you gain the rank, and just telling people when to leave the port. You need to pass an exam, read documents and information about communication, and also deal with emergencies. A tanker lost all her power, what do you do? it's not that simple. You need to answer the mayday call, write the ship's position, and call the SAR (Search And Rescue) to tug the ship back to port.

Alot of people like you, think that it just another clan.
Well...it's not!

For example, in flight simulator somebody can open a server, pilots can enter, and fly how they want. But there is VATSIM, that it is one big server, that pilots can fly. But you can just register any fly anywhere you want, there are Airport Controllers that you have to request premission from them, and fly in a specific route, that you write in your aircraft information.

VSN it's not just another clan, it's like VATSIM. A big network of sailors, that sail in the most realistic way possible, using real world documents and rules. Not a clan!

VSN is an online community created for enthusiasts of ship simulation and port control. One of the main goals of VSN is to create an environment which is fun and, at the same time, educational and a realistic simulation of procedures followed by sailors and port controllers everyday around the world.

For example, here are The Rules of the Road that VSN is using-
http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/boating/colregs.html
This information, and much more, will be in the Training page at our website, after I will finish translating all the important documents.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:55:26 by afik_t_king »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 12:52:39 »

Hiya Afik :)

Have you tried the Missions board?  That may give you some ideas for your project ;)

I quite like trying other members missions, it really gives you an idea of the character behind the mission :)

You can get the extra missions, here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,33.0.html

Have fun ;D

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2007, 12:56:46 »

Hiya Afik :)

Have you tried the Missions board?  That may give you some ideas for your project ;)

I quite like trying other members missions, it really gives you an idea of the character behind the mission :)

You can get the extra missions, here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,33.0.html

Have fun ;D

Regards.

DJM.
Thank you very much, I will check this out  ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2007, 12:57:38 »

Thank you very much, I will check this out  ;)

You're very welcome :)

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 14:28:31 »

Well Afik I wish you all the best in this!   If you get it too work even 1% as it works in the real world i will be very impressed as it is not a simple task.   

For example to train a deck officer to become an Officer Of the Watch (OOW), meaning that they are responcible for navigating the vessel in open waters, NOT manouvering, takes 3 years.    To train as a Master Mariner, and beable to command a vessel greater than 3500tons takes about 10years!

Just one suggestion:

On your ranking system you have a new "sailor" able to "sail" the VLCC Latitude, in relaity even a Master Mariner wouldnt command this vessel until after he had served as her Chief Officer,  (the Executive Officer for you naval types ;) ) for a number of voyages..years sometimes!   might it be an idea to divide the ships on sizes..so small vessels to a new member with less hours, medium size ships (Red Eagle, Fairmount etc) to members with more hours (and exams passed) and the largest vessels..VLCC/Pride of Rotterdam etc to the more experianced memnbers!

As i said only an idea... ;)

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 14:52:26 »

Very good idea, but if we will do exams for pass the ranks, what is the material for the exam?
Before doing anything, we need information how it is going in the real world.

I have a lot of information about it, but the sad thing, that it's in Hebrew, and it's taking a lot of time to translate.

And even sadder, that now it's only me and my friend in this project.
If anybody have information, documents, ideas, and so, please contact me!
It is very hard to do such a big project with 2 people. We have information and ideas of our own, but we need of course a second opinion.

Of course that we won't train the members 3 years, and we won't do all the jobs in the real world, because there are a lot of jobs, and a lot of different knowledge. We just using the main jobs, and train them with the main information and knowledge.

If anyone want to help, please contact me.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 16:35:56 »

Have a look at this website... http://www.mcaorals.co.uk/MGN%2069.htm

It list the full syllabus for Merchant Navy Officers (Deck) and also list some other useful info too  ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 22:35:59 »

I'm sorry. I am not meaning to contradict you on this. I am just trying to establish what it is you want to do.

Again, it just doesn't seem any different to the 'clan' that you clearly do not hold in high regard.

Who decides what missions someone can play then? Put another way- if I were to join your group then who would decide what missions I can play? Assuming I'm not qualified in any way- I would be bored by just using the water taxi for XX missions.

I'm sorry but I just don't see what this achieves compared to the online ranking system (no matter how many times you repeat it)- except that people will voluntarily be restricted to the type of vessel and the mission that they play.

Stu

TJK

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 23:00:28 »

this VIRTUAL SEA NETWORK  !is this a  part af ss08?  If you read the web side http://www.virtualseanetwork.co.nr/  is linket up to shipsim2008.com and vil be able to register when the adons for ss08 are realist? ?
I'm youst asking

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 23:06:50 »

this VIRTUAL SEA NETWORK  !is this a  part af ss08?  If you read the web side http://www.virtualseanetwork.co.nr/  is linket up to shipsim2008.com and vil be able to register when the adons for ss08 are realist? ?
I'm youst asking

This is a member's own project, and is in no way affiliated with Vstep or Ship Simulator :)

Regards.

DJM.

Edit: Typo ::)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 23:12:02 by [RWP]DJM »

TJK

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 23:12:39 »

This is a member's own project, and in no way affiliated with Vstep or Ship Simulator :)

Regards.

DJM.

hi

yes i thiked that me to, but is som confusent, i'l tink i hold me her in this frendli  and nice forum

Regards.

TJK

sorry me english writing is no good  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 23:14:43 by TJK »

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 23:19:39 »

Greetings,
Well,i still dont know the purpose of this.It's not related to Vstep and the Shipsim game.
But it's still fuzy to me,what the idea is about.
Maybe it's just me.
Regards
Marc
N
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines