Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 19:56:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: only getting a black screen when launching the game  (Read 7583 times)

TJK

Re: only getting a black screen when launching the game
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 15:03:41 »

Hi
Sorry to say, your pc are not up to date for exstrems
CPu are to slow, game need 3.0 ghz or more you have  Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor             (4 CPUs), ~1.5GHz

you have Display Memory: 742 MB that are to slow also'
'

System requirements
Operating system: Windows XP (Min. service pack 2), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
32 and 64 bits OS supported
Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) or 3GB (Vista or Windows 7)
Processor: 3 Ghz P4 Intel or AMD equivalent processor
Video card: Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 256MB ram (Shader model 3.0)
Hard disc space: 3.5GB
Drive: 4x PC DVD-ROM
Input controllers: Mouse with scroll wheel
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Controller: Optional controller support DirectX 9.0c compatible
Internet: Broadband Internet connection required for Multiplayer

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2012, 15:55:31 »

:-\ That's bad.   :(
Grüße aus / Best regards from

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2012, 09:03:19 »

CPU
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD equivalent processor
You Have: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor
PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or AMD equivalent processor
You Have: 3.6 GHz Performance Rated at: 10.80 GHz
PASS
Video Card
Minimum: NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GT or ATI Radeon 4850 with 256 MB RAM (At least SM 3.0)
ou Have: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
PASS Click here for the latest Video drivers.

Video RAM
256 MB
742.9 MB

One question, which programm was it to check you PC configuration? Was it a programm? This means your configuration "pass" for the game. Thats a little bit confuse.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:11:58 by Gernot1971 »

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 09:12:09 »

i have 3.6ghz.

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 13:27:21 »

Can you speak, read german?

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php/63119-Risen-Startet-nicht!-L%C3%96SUNG-F%C3%9CR-AMD-FX-Serie-und-co

I hope this can help you.Sorry i try my best, but all in english is not so easy for me.  :(

And i hope someone else read this topic here and can help us.  ???

GeorgeT93

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 15:06:59 »

Bigdaddy305,

You mentioned purchasing the game from Amazon. Did you purchase the boxed or download version? I ask as I just purchased the download version myself (as well as SS08CE) from Amazon, and it doesn't work with Steam. However I was just told that the official patches from here should work. Did you try a 'vanilla' install of the game (just install the download version, if that's what you have, without applying any patches) and see if that worked prior to installing the patches? I just want to make sure (for my own sake) that if I patch my SSE (if needed, I still need to check the version number) that it won't break my game. I was just told in another thread that the official patches and such from ShipSim.com should work, and now I've seen this post and it has me questioning whether or not we can patch the downloadable version from Amazon.

Thanks and best of luck, I hope you get this sorted! :)

-George

GeorgeT93

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 16:50:57 »

Hi again Bigdaddy305,

I just finished up patching my Amazon download version, and patched it up using the official patches from the ShipSim site with no issue, so those are definitely the patches to use with the Amazon download version. I would try uninstalling and doing a fresh install. Then start the game, and make sure it's working before any patches. If it works fine, then try patching again, using the patches from the official ShipSim.com website.

(Note: If UAC is turned on, on your computer, you may want to right-click on each patch file and select "Run as Administrator" to install them, to be sure the game files are updated properly.)

Be sure to install the patches in order (1. Install the "Update all versions to v1.3.5" patch.; 2. Install the "Update v1.3.5 to v1.4" patch.; 3. Install the "Update v1.4 to v1.5" patch.)

Then try to run the game again. Good luck, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get this all worked out! :)

-George

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 15:55:04 »

reinstalled the game. still nothing. even installed the patches. they all install correctly. and still only a black screen :thumbdown:

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 17:29:24 »

Have you update your bios?

For the next part i use the google translator.  :angel:

"Biosupadete ...

Who would have wondered for a replacement / upgrade to a processor of the FX series, that might start some games do not (eg, Shogun 2, Crash to Desktop on startup), refuse the service or click on the. Exe even with a Blue Screen (BSOD) acknowledge (Saints Row: The Third), there is a simple solution!

This was not, however, as one would think, the chipset, but on the CPU. This problem was / is solved by a BIOS / UEFI update, which airs a new CPU code. The AMD Support articles, be given is that it is entitled exclusively to Steam, but that is noisy user reports in various forums not only be the case."

GeorgeT93

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 18:20:01 »

I've read the stuff that Gernot1971 linked to, and I think he may be on to something. Try updating your BIOS to the latest version (F8 for your motherboard), and see if that resolves anything. Here's a link to the Gigabyte BIOS download page for your motherboard. Good luck!

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#bios

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 21:57:40 »

Its good to know I'm not the only person with bulldozer issues. My FX-6100 struggles with SSE for some unknown reason, and when I contacted Vstep for support and they simply said it was my machine! :O
After rattling a few cages swenson PM'd me about a month ago saying there head programmer was going to look into the issue and report back... So far I've heard nothing.
I'll update my Bios and see if I get an improvement in FPS.

The issue appears to be the way AMD have designed the core, because its designed as a multicore only CPU it struggles when running only one core at any one time.

Bigdaddy - is there any other games that your computer has issues with? I'm not talking about Steam games, just any game in general. This will help us narrow down the exact cause of your issue (as to me it doesn't sound like its only bulldozer related)

EDIT: I can confirm that the BIOS update hasn't worked for me :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 22:17:46 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2012, 13:19:38 »

this is the only game my computer has had issues with. this is just a few of the games i have..... battlefield 2 and 3,flight sim x, skyrim, ship sim 8, elite sniper v2.

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2012, 15:16:54 »

Has your game run sometime? Or have you download, install, want to start, and then Blackscreen?
Could it be that the download from amazon worked not correct? Can you download the game again?

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 18:32:11 »

i have downloaded the game from steam direct and downloaded it from amazon direct. i get the black screen from both downloads.

GeorgeT93

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2012, 19:30:28 »

Did you purchase the game twice (once on Steam and once on Amazon)? I ask because I could not register my Amazon key with Steam and had to download from Amazon directly, so I'm curious how you downloaded from both locations? If you did buy it twice, is it installed twice?

If it is the Steam version, have you tried to disable the Steam overlay? If not, that may (or may not) help. Go to your Steam library, and right-click on the Ship Simulator Extremes listing on the left side, then choose 'Properties' from the pop-up menu. On the 'General' tab, make sure 'Enable Steam Community In-Game" is not checked.

If it's the Amazon version, have you tried possibly running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 and running it as Administrator? I can't say if that will or won't help, but it couldn't hurt to try (since the game requires XP SP2 for a minimum.) Best of luck, I really hope you get this worked out.

-George

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2012, 20:43:49 »

Bigdaddy, do you have any codec's installed? Like DivX player?

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 18:32:47 »

nothing like DivX player.

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 18:33:40 »

tried that george. i still get nothing.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 20:19:37 »

I really can't seem to put my fingure on the issue. It seems very odd that your game won't start, unless its something to do with the .exe file. Can you try starting ship simulator in administrator mode? If that has no effect please report back!

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2012, 00:35:31 »

tried in the admin. mode NOTHING

GeorgeT93

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 03:35:37 »

I'm still unsure if you're running the Steam or the Amazon version of the game, or what BIOS version you're running. Please be sure your BIOS is updated as Gigabyte's BIOSes after version F5 should have updated microcode which should prevent these kinds of issues with Bulldozer chips (I think the latest version for your motherboard was F8 or F9, I believe in one of my previous posts, that I put a link to their update page for your board). Also be sure that all your C++ runtimes are up to date (especially the x86 versions).

If your BIOS is all up to date, then have you tried running the 'unregister.exe' file in your ship simulator folder as outlined here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20593.0.html?

If that doesn't work, and it is the steam version, have you tried the Orochi-CEG fix program? It apparently needs to be run whenever Windows is restarted, but apparently has fixed issues with a number of people who have had problems with Steam-based games and AMD Bulldozer processors. You can find more information about it (as well as links to download it) at: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?276698-A-fix-for-Valve-CEG-games-causing-BSOD-on-Bulldozer-issue and see if that helps at all.

Good luck, I really hope you get this sorted out.

-George

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 17:02:07 »

Can I ask something? Why are  other game owners helping when Bigdaddy is entitled to tech support? Can we have some technical assistance please, as other members shouldn't be the only ones offering support when Vstep employ's people to provide non existent technical support!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 17:07:01 by danny »

bigdaddy305

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2012, 00:39:03 »

my unregister.exe file will not open. i have bought 2 versions..... one from amazon and one from steam. i am told that the one from amazon is the steam version too. man hope someone will come up with a fix for this. i want to play this game. i also bought almost all the expansions too.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2012, 01:30:36 »

Yes, the moderators seem conspicously absent here..
Perhaps they have all gone to the Annual Moderators Convention on Ibiza.. ;)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 14:49:04 by saltydog »

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2012, 08:19:30 »

We are always here
Bigdaddy 305 I know very little about comps but understand your frustration with
this I can only assume you ave read all in tech support.
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=17444

The only thing I can suggest is p.m Swenson and see if he can help with this
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=56831

Can I add 90% of the time it is caused by other programs running in the background
I am not saying this is your machine just something to think of.

With the steam version you have some members found verifying the integrity of
files replaced missing files and game ran afterward.
Other members run Game Booster witch shuts down all programs running in the back
ground that are not needed .

Eric 
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines