Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 13:23:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will TITANIC be making a come back  (Read 23834 times)

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2012, 17:31:30 »

Scotts right...

not all us Americans are stupid and borish. ::)
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 18:58:10 »

How true, many Europeans also lay claim to that title.. ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:48:36 by saltydog »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 16:08:21 »

Now why the disrespect to Americans?

Scott

Oh that wasn't disrespect at all. Just fact.

Scotts right...

not all us Americans are stupid and borish. ::)
No, that's true. I have actually met two who were not.

How true, many Europeans also lay claim to that title.. ;)
Yes, that is most definately true. Europeans... A good reason for having the English Channel is to keep johnny foreigner away!

(See, Salty Dog? Irony is lost on them, it really really is! They really haven't seen the irony of me effectively implying that only Britain is perfect when it clearly is no such thing... :S I give up, I really really do...)
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 16:11:44 »

Trains/RBS,

in case you didn't understand that, it is called "dry witted humour" (or humor as you call it). Irony is primarily saying one thing that ends up proving entirely the opposite.

American humoUr is different to British humoUr- and European humoUr? Well, in some parts of Europe they still haven't invented such a concept.

I don't really find American humoUr that funny (a little too "direct and obvious" for my taste) likewise many Americans struggle with English humoUr, which is centred around sarcasm and irony.

Now back to the dull as barnacles ship...
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2012, 19:23:36 »

I don't really find American humoUr that funny (a little too "direct and obvious" for my taste) likewise many Americans struggle with English humoUr, which is centred around sarcasm and irony.
Stuart, I would like you to meet a Mr. Tom Lehrer ;D

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2012, 22:01:34 »

As has been mentioned frequently before, she is there, in all her glory, in SS 2008.
This is no longer possible, as the fully updated SS08 doesn't work on my Windows 7 laptop ::)

And besides that, assuming that SSE portrays the top-heaviness of cruise ships and ocean liners accurately, Titanic would be more stable in SSE's more violent waves than the Orient Star and the (assuming its type was labelled correctly,) Oceana.

jensai123

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2012, 15:17:19 »

Just install virtual sailor 7
it has better graphics and realistic titanic sinking with crack part,

but i have ship simulator and i will update mine tomorrow =)

I will buy virtual Sailor 7
I'm a great Historian of titanic =)

hansgutana

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2012, 04:44:28 »

That's like an offense to VSTEP,it has lower graphics as you see in youtube.You can enter doors and do more things but has lower graphics if you compare it carefully.

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 21:06:19 »

Sorry, but you cannot buy Virtual Sailor 7.  You can only rent it for awhile, seriously... if you pay now and reinstall two years later you have to "buy" another license, 2 years or more they will NOT give you another license key.  If you don't believe me then look it up on their site.  Also.. guess what happens when the company is no longer around or no longer supporting that game?  it's game over for you.

I would also love to have that game but it is a total DRM nightmare and I don't support people selling stuff that way, if you buy something you should never have to buy it again.  I applaud Vstep for allowing us to buy a disc version without all the the DRM that many companies insist on doing these days.   I'd never pirate their games and do not mind disc based protection at all, I hope that they continue to do things this way and I will always be looking forward to buying their games....   even without the Titanic, although I really wish they would release one :)

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 21:27:19 »

I have Virtual Sailor for 4 years now and I am removed from their forum. That's why I like it to keep this game on my PC, so I did practicly bought it.  ;)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2012, 13:10:20 »

spitman, are you saying that you know something that no one else does regarding the future of VS? Or are you merely throwing hull scrapings at the stevedores?

The same can be said of any software company, can it not? As for your suggestion that you are only "renting" it from them, I suggest you go back and read again. If someone here "loses" their copy and 2 years later asks for a d/l or key from vstep then they might well be told to barnacle off.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2012, 14:19:14 »

If bought from VStep site, a copy can be downloaded from the player account, where he will be able to retrieve a new copy and the corresponding key, even ShipSimulator from 2006.

Regards,
Luc

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2012, 16:41:01 »

spitman, are you saying that you know something that no one else does regarding the future of VS? Or are you merely throwing hull scrapings at the stevedores?

The same can be said of any software company, can it not? As for your suggestion that you are only "renting" it from them, I suggest you go back and read again. If someone here "loses" their copy and 2 years later asks for a d/l or key from vstep then they might well be told to barnacle off.

My point is that I have purchased disc versions of all the Ship Simulator games and I can install them 10 years from now if I want to and do not have to rely on Vstep for anything because the key came with the disc.

With the Virtual Sailor game the key is tied to the PC you purchased it on...  buy a new PC and you will need a new key,  they will provide you a new key if it is within 2 years but any longer and you have to buy it again. 

I wasn't saying that I know that they won't be around but software companies close all the time, I never would have thought that Midway would be gone now, the publisher of Midway's titles included Mortal Kombat, Ms. Pac-Man, Spy Hunter, Tron, Rampage, the Cruis'n series, NFL Blitz and NBA Jam.

The last thing I want to do is buy Virtual Sailor, spend a couple of years downloading and creating content and they realize that it's all useless now because they are no longer around to give or "sell" me another key.  Selling it this way should be illegal.  The same goes for companies whos games require a constant internet connection just for a game to function and then they shut down the servers 2 years later and you can't use it anymore.  That happens way too often, even EA does it.

I don't care how good the games are, I do not support anyone who sells things this way.  It does not stop piracy, it's just a headache for the user and lost sales for the company.

alan1027

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2012, 20:07:34 »

probally

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2012, 02:14:42 »

Though returning from that tangent, I miss having steam-powered ships in Ship Simulator.... At this point, I'm not even inclined to care if it's Elbe, Furie, Titanic, or the USS Iowa (which is turning into a museum, and they seem to be very willing to give the ship a virtual presence!), I just like the concept of getting a steamship in SSE.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2012, 15:00:33 »

Ahoy RMS Gigantic,
And I'm pretty sure that You're not alone with that wish. Alas for the Steam Lovers, the only Steam we will see is the kind of steam coming out of my ears and nostrils when I read comments like "the game is bad, and it's VSteps fault etc," and then it seems to be a STEAM-Version  :doh:

But all fun aside, There are lots of fans of Steam-Powered vessels, and from the older SS versions none has made it to SSEX.
I sincerly hope that VStep will bring out some Steam-Tugs/Freighters/or what so ever kind of vessels.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2012, 16:44:43 »

Here is one of the many steam powered ships I sailed aboard many years ago. A liberty ship or Sam boat as we used to call them, because many of them were originally called "Sam --------" after Uncle Sam. Note the deck cargo, some of the train fans would be interested to see a ship with a train on board.

Angus.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 16:47:28 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2012, 17:03:40 »

reminds me of the steam powered train ferries that would go all over the Great Lakes. only one survives today, and will unfortunately be destroyed soon.

and Vstep: if you ever do put in a steam-powered ship, can you make the funnel exhaust darker and thicker than that of the current ships?
Today's weather:

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2012, 19:08:54 »

I think the USS Iowa, with tampions in the guns, of course (either that or forbid her on multiplayer, to say the least) would be a nice, big, recognizable addition to the steam category.

After all, if the ship's keepers are willing to host a gaming station for the producers of an online naval combat game in which the ship will presumably be sunk... a LOT, surely they'll allow the ship to appear in a realistic simulator ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 19:10:41 by RMS Gigantic »

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2012, 21:50:19 »

forbidden on MP? nah, she's so nice, may be just disabling the guns for it.

and you're right, if they're willing to put her in a game where it will be sunk over and over, of course they will be willing to have her placed in SSE.

and is the Iowa really steam-powered?
Today's weather:

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2012, 23:34:39 »

Of course she is steam powered.  most large warships including nuclear submarines are steam powered
We're all buddies in boats

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 00:44:59 »

forbidden on MP? nah, she's so nice, may be just disabling the guns for it.

and you're right, if they're willing to put her in a game where it will be sunk over and over, of course they will be willing to have her placed in SSE.

and is the Iowa really steam-powered?
Like I said, they could render her in a way to include the plugs/covers on her guns, at least for multiplayer. Specified missions could, if VSTEP goes that route, include waypoints that remove them. (Or use the "manlier" method of shooting THROUGH the covers, as they are apparently designed to be able to do in case of an emergency.)

As for the steam power, she uses 8 boilers to power steam turbines that power 4 screws (which might allow for a unique propulsion configuration).

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 07:40:40 »

Hi
Here is one I sailed in many moons ago  ;D

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 16:31:44 »

been on a steam ship too. it was the ferry SS Badger. She's still in service today, doing trips from Ludington-Manitwoc.

as you can see, she would be a very beautiful steam addition to SSE, but in order to add her, they would have to add the rote too, and since it goes right across Lake Michigan, it would be something like 3x the length of Dover-Calais.
Today's weather:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines