Hello Guest April 18, 2021, 07:01:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Will TITANIC be making a come back  (Read 17075 times)

ci

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 211
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 13:20:32 »

Here is my view on this

I would rather see the game developed further and have additional content and a 1.6 update then have another ship (Titanic  :evil:) which would eat up more fraps

ps. Keep up the good work all of the volunteers CMM/Moderators  :thumbs:

RMS Gigantic

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 2601
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:09 »

So was no work done on Extremes while the CCC team was implementing the winning ships?
Logged

Rbsanford

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 1293
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:55 »

So was no work done on Extremes while the CCC team was implementing the winning ships?

uh... i guess so...

it was late august that 1.4 came out and 1.5 was out right before oceanas launch so, yes, little work was done on extremes, most was focused on ccc ships.
Logged
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 05:19:13 »

One thing (creating new content) does not exclude another (working on 'the rest'), and guessing only leads to speculation anyway, which leads to unnecessary, and unjust criticism, based on pure assumptions. If you don't know what's actually going on..  why then post like you do?  ;)

The whole 1.5 patch release was 'work on SSE' and that was being developed right alongside the CCC dlc's.
So how can you say 'little work was done on extremes' if they indeed worked on that patch FOR extremes all the while?  ;)
Logged

danny

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 883
    • My website!
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 15:10:49 »

I really fail to understand why people would want the titanic in SSE, especially considering theres now a scenery full to the brim with icebergs. Sure, it looked OK, but it didn't really add anything interesting to SS08 apart from the opertunity to sail from the UK to america, and we can't even do that anymore  :doh:
wiqvist, I'd imagine Vstep do have a team of guys and girls who are dedicated to SSE, if they didn't the workflow would be absolutly abismal.
 -fred, can you please check your PM box? I sent you a PM in reply to you chasing up where my support request has got to, thanks!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 15:13:17 by danny »
Logged
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Alexisth1

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 19
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 23:29:27 »

I really fail to understand why people would want the titanic in SSE, especially considering theres now a scenery full to the brim with icebergs. Sure, it looked OK, but it didn't really add anything interesting to SS08 apart from the opertunity to sail from the UK to america, and we can't even do that anymore  :doh:
wiqvist, I'd imagine Vstep do have a team of guys and girls who are dedicated to SSE, if they didn't the workflow would be absolutly abismal.
 -fred, can you please check your PM box? I sent you a PM in reply to you chasing up where my support request has got to, thanks!

Sinking her in a more realistic way n the antartic :P :evil:
Logged

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 14:39:51 »

-fred, can you please check your PM box? I sent you a PM in reply to you chasing up where my support request has got to, thanks!

Did so and replied, mate!
Logged

RMS Gigantic

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 2601
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012, 14:46:12 »

A new thought on the matter of including a high-poly Titanic model just popped into my head: I'm certain that there's always a possibility of placing a notice near the top of the hypothetical Titanic download page saying to pay attention to new suggested system specifications, and posting them at the bottom of the page.
Logged

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012, 15:44:32 »

Yes of course they can probably manage to put some text on their website..  but when is the last time that you have you ever seen software/game companies sell a product with a notice that says; 'This will not really work with your game unless you like to play a game at 2 frames per second' ??

  ;)  ::)

Seriously though.. I'll let you do the math..    Titanic was already pretty much too heavy for SS08 back in those days to start with. An updated, high-poly and much more detailed version of her, would cripple SS08 itself even. And that game had more 'power' to spare for her, than SSE has now. So how big do you think the chances are of having a high-poly, super detailed, and thus a vastly 'heavier' ship, in a game that has less power to spare to actually run it well enough so that a large enough group of players can use it, in the first place?

And that's not even going into a lot of the other factors that come into play when it comes down to Titanic's return or demise. Trust me, letting people know that it will run very poorly on their machines, is not really the biggest thing that's keeping it from being introduced into the game.  :P
Logged

The Ferry Man

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 10786
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012, 15:50:47 »

And that's not even going into a lot of the other factors that come into play when it comes down to Titanic's return or demise. Trust me, letting people know that it will run very poorly on their machines, is not really the biggest thing that's keeping it from being introduced into the game.  :P

Intriguing...

Surely someone isn't saying they can't use Titanic because it will be bad for the company...  :doh:

rjwhyte09

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 340
    • Supreme Line
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012, 16:08:20 »

Well the reason I bought the game because I was told Titanic will be in the game from Ship Sim officially, I search Game (in store) they said ``yeah titanic is in it but we don`t sell SSE go to`` so I went to  Gamestation and I bought the game and I had so much trouble with the game at the start so was everybody right enough however Then I found out  Titanic is not in the game. :o

I believe there is half people want Titanic and half that don`t, VSTP will not release her now because they would of let some information out as its Titanic 100th days away.

I am no given SSE a bad name but I give it 6/10 because it was not ready when it released so many things where wrong with game there was  glitches ,not starting, multiplayer was screwed , however 2 years on its picked for my liking and I am starting to be active with it more.


PS : for people who don`t like titanic or the topic and reply in it 9Just Stop) I am a Admin on number of forums arguments do happen on stuff like this believe me the result are few being given warnings or even worst.
Logged
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 17:20:49 »

Intriguing...

Surely someone isn't saying they can't use Titanic because it will be bad for the company...  :doh:


Err, no I don't think you interpreted that the right way to be honest.

But, it always might be bad for a company to persue things that would not be economically feasible or technologically achievable...  who knows..  :P
Logged

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2012, 17:29:55 »

Well the reason I bought the game because I was told Titanic will be in the game from Ship Sim officially, I search Game (in store) they said ``yeah titanic is in it but we don`t sell SSE go to

Then they are idiots there, because how can they even tell you something like that about a product they don't even sell? And if they did sell it but just ran out, then they still didn't know enough about the product to give you that adivice. And one glance at the Shipsim website, and perhaps the actual box, would have made it clear she was not in it. So that's hardly Vstep's fault, is it? Nor is is 'official'.  ;)

Logged

The Ferry Man

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 10786
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2012, 17:38:46 »

Err, no I don't think you interpreted that the right way to be honest.

But, it always might be bad for a company to persue things that would not be economically feasible or technologically achievable...  who knows..  :P

I assumed that from what you said that there is a bigger reason then it not working on some machines...

"Trust me, letting people know that it will run very poorly on their machines, is not really the biggest thing that's keeping it from being introduced into the game."

The second bit was more of a joke based on the usual reason why boats aren't allowed in games (the companies not wanting them in)

Agree though something that wouldn't run on a lot of computers won't make economical sense, but then again the same could be said for SSE as a whole - its taken a long time and a lot of patches just to get it to run fairly reasonable...

Then combine everything with the video where Frank said that the Titanic Would be in game (yes I know, things change during production ;) ) Does possibly imply another reason for not keeping her in - especially as this is the 100th anniversary, this year EVERYTHING is Titanic, you even have the two offers to get older versions of the game for free just to be able to play as the Titanic

Just my opinion :)


Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2012, 18:24:37 »

Oh yeah what I meant was that RMSG's idea of solving the problem of Titanic being too 'heavy' for this game, was to just let people know about that fact before they buy something they can't really use...  and that is a bit silly. If it were as simple as just 'putting the word out', then there would theorethically be nothing preventing it from already having been added to the game long ago, would there? :P

As for the video of Frank.. yeah that's just been obsolete for a while now..  that was when things looked totally different and when things were in the planning stages.

I can find plenty of clips on youtube  and such from game conventions where developers talk about plans, that never get to see the light..  that's just how it indeed goes sometimes..  what they would like to do, is not always what is possible or feasible.  :)

But hey, as you say, the centennial will not pass unnoticed, hence the great offers on the website now. :thumbs:

Logged

FML

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 7
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 19:13:34 »

Yeah... The fact that the RMS Titanic would ever be in SSE is dangerously low... I don't know what I was thinking when I paid $55 for the game itself when I paid $21 for SS08 and it DID have Titanic in it, so to me, it was worth it, despite the poor environment changes in that. When I got the game itself, BOY, did it lag like nuts on my laptop, so I had to disinstall the game. (Thanks for that; had to uninstall a $55 game that even I deemed unworthly :P) I thought that I could record some SSE videos and place them on YouTube. BOY, I was wrong about that, also. Ship Simulator Mods., for everyone's sake, why don't you put "TITANIC IS NOT IN THIS GAME" on your official Ship Simulator Extremes page, so that everyone don't have to pay $55 to be disappointed that the RMS Titanic is NOT in SSE? You don't say much about the ships that are in the game in the first place, so why not? ::)

Quote
But hey, as you say, the centennial will not pass unnoticed, hence the great offers on the website now. :thumbs:



The Titanic's centennial would be fine if RMS Titanic would have made a surprise appearance in a Ship Simulator Extremes teaser :P But, as far as I know, the offers that I looked at isn't great without the Titanic... so much for VSTEP's celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the RMS Titanic.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 19:28:09 by FML »
Logged

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 19:23:22 »

Sorry but 1/4 of the money does NOT come from Titanic lovers. That's nonesense.  :P

And why would there have to be a notice the website about what is not in it?
Does Ford advertise with 'Our brand-new 2012 sedan does NOT have 12 wheels!!'  or something... ??

There is plenty more that a lot of fans want to see in the game, and certain other beloved SS06 and SS08 vessels that have gone too. Should they also tell everyone about those in bold print?  ..sorry but it's really silly and unrealistic to blame them for your lack of information gathering before entering into a purchase.

The old saying goes  'let the buyer beware'

If you did not inform yourself before you bought the game, and are dissapointed afterwards for not having noticed that the thing you were looking for isn't even in it, then you have only one person to blame, really. And that is yourself. Titanic has never officially been announced or advertized as being in the game. This contrary to the other two games.

If they HAD advertised with the fact that it IS in it, and if THEN you found out is wasn't so, then you have a right to point a finger.

As for the rest. Doesn't lag for me, recording videos is fine, all runs like it should. BOY am I lucky!  ::)
Logged

rjwhyte09

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 340
    • Supreme Line
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 19:53:34 »

Quote
Sorry but 1/4 of the money does NOT come from Titanic lovers. That's nonesense.  :P

If I got told Titanic was not SSE then I would never of bought the game in the first place thanks to Customer Service at Ship Sim telling is in July 2010, also I think there would be loads of people who would never of bought the game if they wanted Titanic and knew it was not in the game.
Logged
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

assassinator2.0

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 448
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 20:58:46 »

I don't understand that almost everybody wants Titanic in Ship Simulator Extremes.

Is the ship so important to everybody here?


leaive

Well its important to me, it got me interested in ships.
Logged
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 21:04:20 »

If I got told Titanic was not SSE then I would never of bought the game in the first place thanks to Customer Service at Ship Sim telling is in July 2010, also I think there would be loads of people who would never of bought the game if they wanted Titanic and knew it was not in the game.


What are you on about? The game was announced and released WITHOUT Titanic and it was clear a long time before official release that it would not appear in it then, and you could have known about this...  Customer Service told you it was in the retail version? I find that rather hard to believe, they know their own game.. 
Logged

rjwhyte09

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 340
    • Supreme Line
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 21:10:16 »


What are you on about? The game was announced and released WITHOUT Titanic and it was clear a long time before official release that it would not appear in it then, and you could have known about this...  Customer Service told you it was in the retail version? I find that rather hard to believe, they know their own game.. 

I went on the Ship Sim website and ask them if she will be on the game, they replied and said oh yes she will be in SSE i will try and find the email and give you it.

not sure if it was Customer Service or another subject as there is few it was 2 years ago
Logged
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

danny

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 883
    • My website!
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 21:28:01 »

My biggest gripe with the Titanic offers is that they only really have any benifit if you don't have any of the shipsimulator series... Which basically means the offers are useless to most of the people on this forum.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 21:34:10 by danny »
Logged
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

rjwhyte09

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 340
    • Supreme Line
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 21:31:02 »

My biggest gripe with the Titanic offers are that they only really have any benifit if you don't have any of the shipsimulator series... Which basically means the offers are useless to most of the people on this forum.

Agreed
Logged
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Mad_Fred

  • Administrator
  • Posts: 8689
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 21:47:59 »

My biggest gripe with the Titanic offers is that they only really have any benifit if you don't have any of the shipsimulator series... Which basically means the offers are useless to most of the people on this forum.

Well yes, if you already have all that, it's not really gonna help, but that's logical.

Oh well, makes for a nice gift to a grieving titanic lover to get him through this oh so difficult time, perhaps..  :doh:
Logged

rjwhyte09

  • Forum member
  • Posts: 340
    • Supreme Line
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 23:41:48 »

Quote
Oh well, makes for a nice gift to a grieving titanic lover to get him through this oh so difficult time, perhaps..  :doh:

Who was this for ?  ???
Logged
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
 
 


SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines