Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 19:41:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Will TITANIC be making a come back  (Read 23842 times)

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
Re: Will TITANIC be making a come back
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 23:50:21 »

Look there is people who like or hate Titanic & People who want her in the SSE or don`t

> The Email That Proves She Was In The Game 3 or 2 Months Before Release or Did The Person Make A Mistake  :evil: :doh:

VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2012, 01:57:42 »

Of course she was in the game before release..

but in those months after that, till release, a lot changed..

And you were still responsible to look at the actual release yourself to see if it had made it, I reckon..

You can never know what happens during development. This is the same kind time that that screenshot was out there, and Frank's interview, I bet.

As we all know, that soon became obsolete.

If it had been me, I would not even have answered such an email, because back then, that was more of a plan than a guarantee. But hey, that's just me.

* correction, I would have answered your email, but not with a confirmation about an feature that wasn't yet certain  

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2012, 11:41:18 »

That Email is dated 8th June, 2010. All it shows, as Fred has pointed out, is that at that time it was INTENDED to have "Titanic" in the game. As development progressed it was found that it was not feasible to include her for the reasons which have been told many, many times. I fail to see what all the fuss is about really, if anyone wishes to play with "Titanic", she is there, in all her glory, in SS2006 & SS2008. If there are any SSE players who do NOT have either of those games then Stevens' announcement yesterday solves the problem for them at a remarkably low price. :thumbs:  Suprisingly, the number of players who have actually played any of the few missions which included "Titanic" is very, very small indeed. :doh:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:43:45 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2012, 09:12:34 »

Even Maxis, a subsidary of EA (EA now considered to be the "Worst Company in America" according to Consumerist) tells people if something included in previous games won't be available in a new game, before the game goes on sale :doh:

(Specifically, they had interviews that stated that the new SimCity would be moddable, considering that modding kept SimCity 4 alive for a decade after release. Later, they stated that modding support wouldn't make it to the new Sim City's launch.)

And Fred, your 12-wheel Ford sedan comparison doesn't really hold water, considering that Ford didn't give twelve wheels to every one of its sedans since they began producing them!

On another note, I was similarly disappointed when I found out that there was nothing Ship Sim-related that I could do to mark the centennial of Titanic's voyage.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:18:34 by RMS Gigantic »

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 00:34:50 »

At this point, the only way I could imagine Titanic returning is for the 100th Anniversary of her sinking. But, seeing as nothing has come up, it might just be a good idea to let it all go to rest, and play SS06 or SS08 if anyone wants Titanic. Ship Simulator Extremes, as stated many times before, is geared towards more modern motorized vessels. Would I have loved to see Titanic make a return, compeletly overhauled for the game? Yes, I would have. Am I disaappointed she's not there? Yes, but I can understand based on all the other vessels in the game. Maybe in a future edition of the game, she could return. Or maybe there could be a steamship version of the game somewhere in the future. But as of now, since no news of her return has surfaced anywhere, it's not worth making multiple topics on the subject.

That is of course my view on it, and people are open to their own opinions. I don't expect everyone to agree with what I've said, nor do I expect everyone to disagree. I'm just stating what I think is best, and small ideas of mine. But again, everyone is free to their own opinion.

Regards,
Scott

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Alexisth1

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2012, 01:32:43 »

im still dreaming with the titanic superpack that will never be released into ship sim extremes :(

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 01:56:04 »

im still dreaming with the titanic superpack that will never be released into ship sim extremes :(

I know a cure for that, by burying the movie and never think of it again.  ::)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 03:33:16 »

how will burying the movie help? :doh:
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 12:33:41 »

how will burying the movie help? :doh:

By forgetting where you've buried it.  ;)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

CLAYTON1

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 13:58:12 »

Well why not just never have bought it in the first place.
S.S. UNITED STATES & R.M.S. TITANIC FOREVER

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 15:41:52 »

I would like to suggest that that "movie" (or film as it is more properly referred to) has a fundamental problem in that it goes on for far too long- or it seems to anyway.

SOS Titanic or even Night to Remember are actually quite reasonable portrayals of the sinking. What is so damned irritating about the camoron one is where leonard de vinci keeps shouting "wooahoohooo" king of world/ full house boys and all the rest of that. Did people not have any decorum in 1912?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 15:57:39 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 15:43:48 »

IDEA: As a mark of respect for tita...zzzzz we ALL get copies of dvd/vhs of that dull as bilgewater film and throw the whole flaming lot- every copy we can find- overboard in the western Atlantic...

There. Problem solved. And we can make films about Herald of Free Enterprise, RMS (HMTS) Lancastria, and MV Estonia... or any other tragic event that we can turn into a money making exercise for hollywood.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 17:13:38 »

There. Problem solved. And we can make films about Herald of Free Enterprise, RMS (HMTS) Lancastria, and MV Estonia... or any other tragic event that we can turn into a money making exercise for hollywood.

20 years from now: NEW! from universal studios! Costa Concordia! :doh:
Today's weather:

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 17:16:24 »

20 years from now: NEW! from universal studios! Costa Concordia! :doh:

I would rather call it Jackass 4: Going Italian!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2012, 18:29:58 »

So.. not showing enough respect to a 100 year old disaster with 1500 deaths is unforgivable to some with a love of a certain greatest ship ever.

But, making fun of a disaster with a modern ship with 'only' 30-ish deaths,..  and that's okay?

Can we get one of the titanic buffs that show the aformentioned attitude here and there, to react to these posts, please?

And can we please get some respect?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 18:31:35 by Mad_Fred »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2012, 18:44:03 »

And Fred, your 12-wheel Ford sedan comparison doesn't really hold water, considering that Ford didn't give twelve wheels to every one of its sedans since they began producing them

You are not making much sense, and you obviously do not understand analogies, as the number of wheels matters not, companies do not commonly advertise with that which is NOT included in their products.  :doh:

On another note, I was similarly disappointed when I found out that there was nothing Ship Sim-related that I could do to mark the centennial of Titanic's voyage.

Here's an idea, you could have started up SS08 and play Marty's excellent and historically sound mission and really play with the old lady as that game always had intended, and as so little 'buffs' have actually really done. That might have been nice, perhaps.

Why would shipsim HAVE to do anything more specific anyway for this date that matters not to most of the world? YOU love the ship, YOU could have done plenty yourself.

And if they had released a new Titanic, all you would have done in the coming weeks was spend most of your time posting here about all the little things Vstep (or more likely, Jason) got wrong and that they NEED to fix lest you won't enjoy her enough.

And then we would come full circle on that again aswell.. an 'anniversary' I can do without to be honest, for it would invoke Winslet's Law too often, if we get all that going again.  :P

No offense, but this is 'Ship Simulator' and not 'Titanic Simulator in which the goal is to get every rivet in the right spot'.  :P

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2012, 19:34:46 »

Then they are idiots there, because how can they even tell you something like that about a product they don't even sell? And if they did sell it but just ran out, then they still didn't know enough about the product to give you that adivice. And one glance at the Shipsim website, and perhaps the actual box, would have made it clear she was not in it. So that's hardly Vstep's fault, is it? Nor is is 'official'.  ;)

Saying that's bad...
I brought ss08 in game in bristol (on holiday  ::) ) and they give me 2 discs and no licence!
When we found the problem we went to the local game and the women said " can a week not pass without a game coming from any game in Bristol" and I was given ss08 NH as they didn't have ss08 in stock
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 01:01:00 »

i think a couple people will like this. its a parody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxj1mou03M&feature=youtu.be
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:24 »

lol hilarious!

if its like that, i'll just walk out.
Today's weather:

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 03:51:57 »

i think a couple people will like this. its a parody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJxj1mou03M&feature=youtu.be
James Cameron is so intent on nothing but getting money, even at the expense of misinforming everyone who interviews him, I wouldn't be surprised if this was his original vision.

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 04:52:50 »

James Cameron is so intent on nothing but getting money, even at the expense of misinforming everyone who interviews him, I wouldn't be surprised if this was his original vision.

which it isnt  ;) thats why its funny
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 07:03:20 »

which it isnt  ;) thats why its funny
I know. To be honest, I found it entertaining, too, even though I do hate James Cameron with every fiber of my being!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:07 »

So.. not showing enough respect to a 100 year old disaster with 1500 deaths is unforgivable to some with a love of a certain greatest ship ever.

But, making fun of a disaster with a modern ship with 'only' 30-ish deaths,..  and that's okay?

Can we get one of the titanic buffs that show the aformentioned attitude here and there, to react to these posts, please?

And can we please get some respect?

Thank you.

My fault, Fred. I was using irony and sarcasm to make the same point as you- but it was lost on them. I know irony is hard to explain to children. And Americans... But American children? I should have known better.

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 11:47:40 »

Guys, how I see this is that if the Titanic is developed into the game it would be a DLC. If you feel that your computer won't meltdown if you play with it you can download it. Also, don't go saying that this is bias even though it is.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 15:27:53 »

My fault, Fred. I was using irony and sarcasm to make the same point as you- but it was lost on them. I know irony is hard to explain to children. And Americans... But American children? I should have known better.

Now why the disrespect to Americans?

Scott

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines