Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 06:12:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.5 Patch Release notes  (Read 10020 times)

mvsmith

Re: 1.5 Patch Release notes
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:15 »

Will we ever be-able to use the AI ships in SSE

Do you mean to use those ships that are only AI ships as player ships? No—unless the developers make bridges and controls for them.
All ships that exist as player ships in the game can also be used as AI ships.
Many AI ships are used in missions.
With the Mission Editor you can board a player ship, convert it into an AI ship, and ride it as a passenger while you walk around and visit the bridge.

CLAYTON1

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 05:02:42 »

Ok, but im still wanting all AI ships they look cool especially the V.I.P. ship.  :captain:
S.S. UNITED STATES & R.M.S. TITANIC FOREVER

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 05:27:19 »

claytons right, can at least the cool yachts be player ships please? :blush:
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 22:07:44 »

With the Mission Editor you can board a player ship, convert it into an AI ship, and ride it as a passenger while you walk around and visit the bridge.

This feature do I not realy understand what it has to do in a simualtor game simulating ships. Is this feature created or is it just a consequence of something else you can do?
If it is the first, so do I not understand it. A simulator where so little is simulated(steering and speed forward and backwards), so can you simulate that not even that is simulated. I would rather see a film of a real ship than a model of one, if I just should look. Such films is it enough of for free on internet, you tube is just one example. And if you like to look around in a ship in the game so is it easier just to open the ship in free roam and then walk around. But I can have missed something, and therefor not understand the feature.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

mvsmith

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 00:50:06 »

This feature do I not realy understand what it has to do in a simualtor game simulating ships. Is this feature created or is it just a consequence of something else you can do?

The latter. It is just an illustration of the action that can change the control type of a ship to Player, AI, or Static.
You often see it in action in some missions: When leaving harbor in a ship and you reach the point where the pilot leaves, you may suddenly find yourself on the pilot boat and head toward the ship to pick up the pilot. You left the ship heading toward land, but it is converted to an AI ship with a safe goal.
When you reach the ship and transfer the pilot, you are back aboard the ship, which is converted back to a Player ship. The pilot boat is converted to AI and goes home.
Deployable boats are Static while aboard, but become Player boats when deployed. In missions, the creator can also deploy them as AI boats.
The Mission Editor is the most interesting part of Extremes. It is the one place where you can exercise control and devise many different things to do, and ways to do them. It’s too bad that only about a dozen users have learned about it.

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 15:07:01 »

Just a two short Questions wich are quite important to me..

- Does the Hovercraft Freedom 90 act like one now?

and

- Is it possible to drive the Hovercraft up the Ramp / Slipway somewhere, get off cushion (land), hoveron again and leave the land back into (more onto) the water?

Would be gerat if someone could test this for me and answer my questions!

THX a lot,
Holger
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines