Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 14:31:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Other people that will buy SSE from now on predictions  (Read 8568 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
Other people that will buy SSE from now on predictions
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:04:14 »

I noticed people that joined up the forum would mean they brought SSE, and I think a lot of those people will think that Titanic will be in the game. I think Vstep would need to take a bit of action here otherwise there will be a lot of dissapointed people and will make give out a very bad game review.I had a few ideas on what can be done, change the slideshow of the pictures at the official website because I am quite annoyed seeing thoes photos of the ocean system on how realistic it looks compared to the one currently in SSE, and the second thing would be to inform on the official website about that Titanic is not currently in SSE and what is happening.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: Other people that will buy SSE from now on predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 09:58:29 »

there will be a lot of dissapointed people and will make give out a very bad game review.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002RL9RKO/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Says it all about the game itself...
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:18:48 »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B002RL9RKO/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

That looks unfortunate according to that 25 reviews chart  :thumbdown: 16 people gave it 1 star right but only 3 were the most satisfied. Why are we playing it? because we love ships and well....VSTEP is the only developer out there who can deliver the best possible ship Simulator. Aldough I've been watching alot of ships in real life and It dosen't feel quite the same in here because of the way the Sim ended up in in the end. But VSTEP is on the right track I can say that. I believe that 80% of the bad customer reviews, the reason they were bad is because who ever purchased the Sim was not away of the system requirements as many people aren't even dough they are clearly displayed on the site or did not know how to install the Sim, I mean come on surely there can't be that many silly people out there  :doh:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:26:17 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 12:05:46 »

I mean come on surely there can't be that many silly people out there  :doh:

There are.  ::)

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
(look at the 3 top topic)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:20:47 »

There are.  ::)

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
(look at the 3 top topic)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: come on that is beyond silly. All these new guy's are starting to have a rave that Ship Simulator is not working, then they are offerring to pay VSTEP up to 4 million euro so they can make personally a Ship sim game just for them so it work on their low end machines which they could upgrade for about 1.2 grand and save over 3 million euros in the process  :doh: :doh: :doh:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:23:31 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 13:52:55 »

TM,

If I were getting these types of adverse comments about my business then I'd be taking action PDQ.

You can not assume (and that's all you are doing) that these complainants are using under-powered machines. I imagine (and this too is an assumption- but a stated one) that steam is the biggest culprit in this.

When the biggest percentage are against a product, you know you have problems.

That said, more people turn to rant on the internet than praise things on the internet so it might, just might, be a distorted view.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 18:23:55 »

Keep in mind that most of the negative comments are STEAM-versions related !!!
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 20:46:41 »

Aad, I've made that point and agree totally with you.

But TM- you are asking vstep to publicise that "that ship" isn't in the game. Perhaps they need to have a list of what is NOT in the game???

FOr example they need to publicise that Pride of Bilbao isn't, the Free Enterprise 1, The Carpathia and etc etc...

Or perhaps it should be down to the purchaser to actually READ what IS included?
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 20:56:54 »

wow not rush into this resualts
the newest review is from the 16 sept 2010.
there has been updates since then.
Also there is not enough reviews to justify the problems and most are about bugs
And anyway it steam i believe
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 02:05:18 »

I bought it when it came out and thinking Titanic would be in it if i knew she was not  then i would of not have bought the game

i recently shut a website down as we could`nt keep it going as there was to much work to do however i might
re- launch it again and try to bring titanic back

ryan  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:07:59 by rjwhyte09 »
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 02:24:34 »

I don't know where they are getting all these problems with steam, because STEAM is a man made marvel. It takes care of everything and therefore you are less likely to make mistakes. I never had any problems with steam what so ever since I was introduced to it when I brought Ship Sim from EB games. I think those people don't have the right computer, then they blame vstep because their game which were so unctions to play failed. It's not VSTEP's fault you have a piece to garbage, they clearly labeled the system requirements, simple solution get a better computer then, install the game on there.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 02:34:01 »

steam i think has got to big to quick so its struggling but its improving slowly however iv not  used steam for ages as Titanic is no in SSE it says iv only played SSE 134 hours out of the whole year i would like to see SS08 hours i cant stop playing it  :lol: .
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 02:42:00 »

steam i think has got to big to quick so its struggling but its improving slowly however iv not  used steam for ages as Titanic is no in SSE it says iv only played SSE 134 hours out of the whole year i would like to see SS08 hours i cant stop playing it  :lol: .

hehehe  :lol: It would like loose count, :P

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 08:48:56 »

I don't know where they are getting all these problems with steam, because STEAM is a man made marvel. It takes care of everything and therefore you are less likely to make mistakes. I never had any problems with steam what so ever since I was introduced to it when I brought Ship Sim from EB games. I think those people don't have the right computer, then they blame vstep because their game which were so unctions to play failed. It's not VSTEP's fault you have a piece to garbage, they clearly labeled the system requirements, simple solution get a better computer then, install the game on there.

Hi Third Mate,

I think on SSE's initial release, there were numerous problems with Steam. That's why there are a lot of negative reviews about it. However, I personally wouldn't leave a negative review solely based on a problem with an 'outside' program. I would wait for the game.

However, to be quite honest, I still feel the game shouldn't have been released the way it was, whether that be V-STEP or Paradox's fault. Even now I still think that the game is not right, and I've always had the impression that the whole thing was rushed. Personally, (Captain Cadet), the updates have made no difference to me whatsoever, and the game still performs just as poorly, even though every other game I have tried (including Flight Simulator X, which I would imagine to be a heavy game?) has worked perfectly, and so many other people have said the same.

I'm sorry to say, but Extremes has totally knocked my trust in V-STEP. I'll certainly be waiting for others to buy in the future before I do, rather than wasting €41.99. I'll be staying with SS08 unfortunately.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 10:54:27 »

Yeah I feel that way as well, I never ever ever had any and cannot find any complaints about Flight Sim X because it's so perfect. I see ships everyday on the water of all kinds, and It dose not feel the same in Ship Sim Extremes, the biggest problem is how they made the ocean system because with it, it takes up most of the CPU resources therefore we cannot have a realistic sim.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:10:26 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 11:35:31 »

The thing that I can't understand about the wave system is that personally, I think SS08's was better all round for everyone. In SSE, if you turn the waves down, they look awful, and even then the performance is worse than SS08. Even though I appreciate that SSE has to be heavier than SS08, I just can't understand why it's SO much more heavier.

Personally I feel SS08 was a much more 'balanced' game...even though it had it's problems, I feel like I can enjoy SS08, but I can't enjoy SSE.

Jack.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:38:57 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 11:41:39 »

I am annyed that VSTEP posted thoes pre-before game release shots of the ships on the new ocean system but then the finished product of the wakes and foam looks even worse than SS08 or even SS06.  :thumbdown: that's the biggest dissapointmet for me, I mean they even named it Extremes  ???

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 12:56:34 »

I have to say that SSE was advertised using shots of a game that we don't actually get as the end product. Which is a bit of a let down  :-\ But still atleast the game works... ok, maybe it doesn't quite work 100% but still, Atleast we have decent boats for a change!
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 13:17:37 »

, Atleast we have decent boats for a change!
[/quote]

Yeah, they've done a sweet job at the boats detail is exceptional

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 15:26:35 »

The reason that vstep won't allow 3rd party content is that it is 'too complex'. It is too complex due to the requirement for 100% authentic handling (ask any master and he'll confirm that supertankers fly when approached too quickly or hit by a sailing yacht!).

In other words it isn't realistic at all... But the claim is such. SO much concern with making it believable but yet none of the bits that actually make it realistic- such as navigtion and traffic separations etc.

I am going to buy and download it for curiosity and to relieve a little boredom when back home on a proper broadband link. However, it seems to have lower POTENTIAL than vs in my opinion.

It seems to me that vstep is using this as a piggy bank with no real thought to the future.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 03:12:31 »

yeah, and  this comes in to the theory why would VSTEP split ship simulator in half. Saying why would they create a professional ship simulator and put a heavy price tag on it which so far it's unknown on what you can do and why would they start to create ship sim 2006, the 2008 and now 2010(extremes). Microsoft could of done that two with their flight simulator, make a proffesional  one and the create all these pointless ones with limited configuration and score money. But Flight sim has advanced but fairly because flight sim x you are pretty much 97% close to the real thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgHZS6o1KFc&feature=related

This is a video showing what you can do in Ship Sim Pro i've also include a video above I though it was exciting to watch, I would not call it pro but I would call it a proper Simulator of ships and the price tag is absolutely insane and it should not be as much. If you buy a proper payware model on Flight Sim X, the most expensive I saw was around 100 USD + and if you buy add ons which come at very affordable prices you can do pretty much what you do in real life, but it's up to you to know what button to press.And here they have a 2000 Euro price tag, that is un-real.So all it is, is a proper first ship simulator with top of the line graphics for good computers for people who have good computers.This is another problem, we have a lot of members who choose to refuse to look at the system requirements and buy the game anyway.I know we can't go back in time but If VSTEP would of released their ship sim pro for about 130$, we would only have members who have good computers and can run the game, and by now we would indeed have the best ship Simulator ever fully patched up, MP ready, a great variant of ships, realistic stuff, and everyone would be happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVSE_toakp4
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:50:14 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 18:16:49 »

Why is everyone always treating FSX like it comes close to being something professional?  97%.. err, sorry I just have to laugh at that, mate..  :P

It's not that super accurate at all, to be honest. Aks a real pilot one time and he'll tell you. I did, several times. And not your cessna driver either, but airline pilots with military background before that.

It's a game too. They say they enjoy it a lot, but the flight models don't even come close to some of the better military based sims out there to be honest, nor to what they do when they really train. Most addons, apart from the better payware and best freeware out there, are not representative of how the real things behaves AT ALL, they only look like it. And that's not my opinion but that of many real life pilots that frequent the many MSFS based fora I have been over the years, who fly their real life aircraft in the sim, and thus can judge better that you and I. Even the payware that comes really close doesn't cut it compared to what these guys do in the real simulators they train in.

And oh, did I mention that those have really bad graphics? Guess why that is. Even with all that power they can't make it look good? Think about it for a bit. And then look at FSX which is a 'pretty game'. You think that you can get as much calculated on your home pc, and still get killer graphics, when the big commercial ones with so much computing power can't get the pictures to look as slick as the game cause they need all that power for what is really important?  ;)  

As for Shipsim pro... that pricetag isn't unreal. It can do lotsa things that you as a gamer would never need, but that IS part of it and also makes up the price and that's because it's not made for the gamer. Example.. you can buy a roadcar.. and you could buy a racing car. One's much more expensive, you could call it 'unreal' compared to the roadcar's price... they are both cars, yes, but you're not supposd to buy a racing car if you're just a normal driver, are you? Cuase there's lots of things on/it in that you do not need on the normal road.

Same difference..  Shipsim pro, or Nautis, as it's called, well yes there's a game 'in it' so to speak, but it's not a game. I hope that makes sense. :)

Fred

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 02:01:29 »

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ship-simulator-extremes

Found a more accurate set of reviews, It's not a bad idea to look at them because otherwise you won't know what to improve on.There is a fair bit there, I do have to agree with a certain sections of the reviews but see what you guy's toughs.And I have no idea how the genre was put under combat simulator  :-X

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 08:16:09 »

For the Record

In regards to the Titantic issue:

Buying Extremes for the Titanic was just one reason, but not the only one.

First of all, I was looking for a ship simulator game. I got to wondering about this after seeing ships on Flight Sim but wanted something more dedicated to sailing rather than something supplemental to a flying game.

I googled ship simulator and came across VSTEP. I looked on Amazon.com for any deals and found some. All three versions are sold there: 2006, 2008, and Extremes. I watched the trailers there and on YouTube and this is what I noted:

Excellent graphics
Titanic
Speedboats jumping ramps
Containers being loaded on ships

Those last two were more interesting. Actually, container loading looked the most fun because I thought: here I can actually finally have a game were I can load and unload cargo. MS Train sim the most you can do is pickup/dropoff your freight cars. Auran Trainz you can actually do cargo on/off the car. Flight sim...open and close doors, whoopee.

I downloaded the free Extremes demo and played that for a couple days and continued to compare demo videos. I ultimatly decided to go with Extremes and it's a decision I'm sticking with and not regetting. It took me several hours to decide between Extremes and 2008. It also took me several hours to decide what crop to plant on Farmville. And how Dairy Queen trained a fluffy cloud to go "yeah!" :) I think I just kept watching demos over and over too much and thought that automatically Titantic and crane-loading-containerships and ramp-jumping-motorboats and waterski-boxing were all going to be included in the latest version of a game genre ("yeah!"). But I was wrong, and to that I say: whatever.

So raise or raze the Titanic, I don't care. I think a better ship would be the SS United States. It's bigger, faster, and she still floats. 45 knots cruising, 25 knots in reverse. And she's built solid, so it's harder to sink. I know, probably not gonna happen, but I can dream. ("yeah!")
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 13:27:18 »

yeah, and  this comes in to the theory why would VSTEP split ship simulator in half. Saying why would they create a professional ship simulator and put a heavy price tag on it which so far it's unknown on what you can do and why would they start to create ship sim 2006, the 2008 and now 2010(extremes).

I would imagine that the reason for the split is that any professional quality ship simulator simply would not run on 95% of the PC's that people are running ShipSim on, I don't mean that there would be some glitches, but that it would not run at all.

In a real life full mission bridge simulator, each radar has it's own PC, there is a PC dedicated to the graphics display etc, there is a PC for the electronis chart display, there are stand alone simulators, but they run on top end PC's, and no your $2000 dell wouldn't run them.

I was involved with setting up an engine room simulator for one of the nautical colleges in the UK and the computing power involved was incredible, and that was without graphics.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines