Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 06:48:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Other people that will buy SSE from now on predictions  (Read 8586 times)

Bukko

• Forum member
Re: Other people that will buy SSE from now on predictions
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 19:13:39 »

I think one huge issue not being mentioned in this thread is also the programming issue of using multi core cpu's effectively.

SSE doesn't do this and it has been stated so in another thread by some of the Moderators that it's "harder than you think" to change the SSE engine to utilize a multi core environment effectively.
Something about the core engine being from another company that is under the same larger company that sells the game.

Vstep may have purchased a license to use a graphics/hydro dynamic software engine that they actually don't have alot of control over.

I think it's gonna take some time for the software programmers of many disciplines to "catch" up to the latest GPU API environments as well as creating super efficient programming tecniques for the 64bit multi core environment.

One thing that we all have seen in the gaming industry is the software studios with the deepest pockets are getting the best results with the newer technologies because they can hire the best talent (programmers and content creators) in the business.
To be honest with you I don't think the graphics/physics software engine that SSE uses is most efficient well written piece of code.;-(
No offense to VSTEP , just an observation and Lord knows I couldn't code an engine like that. I just want to buy one and I'll pay a good price for the right software.

SSE is just a game.

Craig

Third Mate

• Forum member
Re: Other people that will buy SSE from now on predictions
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 03:45:19 »

I would imagine that the reason for the split is that any professional quality ship simulator simply would not run on 95% of the PC's that people are running ShipSim on, I don't mean that there would be some glitches, but that it would not run at all.

In a real life full mission bridge simulator, each radar has it's own PC, there is a PC dedicated to the graphics display etc, there is a PC for the electronis chart display, there are stand alone simulators, but they run on top end PC's, and no your $2000 dell wouldn't run them.

I was involved with setting up an engine room simulator for one of the nautical colleges in the UK and the computing power involved was incredible, and that was without graphics.

Human's are so behind with technologies capabilities, no wonder Aliens drop by to show off their tech compared to ours  ::) ;D

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines