Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 13:25:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Albatros IV Dover-Calais Late night Run  (Read 6837 times)

ilias74

• Forum member
Albatros IV Dover-Calais Late night Run
« on: May 07, 2011, 22:13:32 »

Hello,
I am sorry if I miss something obvious, but taking the "late night run" from Dover to Calais (campaign mission) using Albatos IV is fine till I arrive at Calais. I enter the port, but have no idea of where to moor the ship! I turned all around the port, clicked on the mooring icon but never got anything yellow lit on shore, only the ship's mooring positions.
I tried to stop at the vehicle ramp with "Calais" written on it (any one of them) but game still went on. No waypoints there and no way for me to find the right place to moor. Could you please help me?

Tarick789

• Forum member
Re: Albatros IV Dover-Calais Late night Run
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 22:28:54 »

YOU UP FOR MULTIPLAYER

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 23:13:01 »

Greetings Ilias74

The berth you require is at the end of the channel at Calais, when entering Calais, if you keep on the left of the harbour, past the berths and the flaming building (Why in Dover is there a building a flame - who knows... :/) You will come across the berth at the very end. :)

Tarick - try the billboard for MP :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:22:11 by The Ferry Man »

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 03:11:34 »

Greetings Ilias74

The berth you require is at the end of the channel at Calais, when entering Calais, if you lkeep on the starboard left of the harbour, past the berths and the flaming building (Why in Dover is there a building a flame - who knows... :/) You will come across the berth at the very end. :)

theres a flaming building? ive never saw it
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 09:56:52 »

I am sure I remember you come in, dodge a dredger and then there is a flaming warehouse with a tug (I think) trying to put it out...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 10:00:19 »

Greetings Ilias74

The berth you require is at the end of the channel at Calais, when entering Calais, if you lkeep on the starboard left of the harbour, past the berths and the flaming building (Why in Dover is there a building a flame - who knows... :/) You will come across the berth at the very end. :)

Starboard left? Is this a new nautical term that I've never heard before?
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 11:41:02 »

oh yes brand new term :p

Created last night, in fact  :doh:

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 12:24:56 »

Formerly known as “Hard a starboard” (Left full rudder).

ilias74

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 17:22:04 »

Thank you all for your answers and for being patient with such a newbie like me  ;)
I actually did moor at the berth after the building on flames another time before, but game still goes on ???
I'm surely missing something again.
I moor the ship bow heading vs berth and vv stern heading to shore, but same results, the activity goes on and I don't get the completion dialogue... Should I drop anchors too? Should I just wait for some minute there moored?
Thanks again...

TJK

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 17:25:32 »

Hi and welcome to the forum

Can you make a screen shot of the probleme, i have joust playd the mission you talking about, no error for me, drop anchor no need
Thanks
kind regards
Tore

cpt.nordstrand

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 17:31:04 »

sail past the flamming building, and keep sailing to the end of the channel/harbour
the northern star sailing with a computer that doesnt coorperate

ilias74

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 22:20:01 »

Hello,
please find attached the screenshot you asked for.
Thanks

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 22:55:40 »

They still have a lot of powercuts in shipsim.

One of the nicest things about sailing into Calais is the illumination of the harbour, town and cite europe and the eurostar/sewer terminal.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 23:00:41 »

I thought the mission requires you to berth stern first - you have berthed bow first.

ilias74

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 23:57:57 »

Sorry tried that too before...  :( Nothing happened...

Please see the screenshot with stern mooring...

What can this be? Is it possible it could be a bug related to my specific configuration? Other people say it's fine  ???
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 00:22:29 by ilias74 »

mvsmith

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 00:50:07 »

Hi ilias,

Unfortunately this mission is locked, so that the question of which way to berth, which could be answered easily in the mission editor will need to be answered by someone who remembers—unless someone still has an unlocked copy.

This link explains about playing locked missions, but you must register your serial key in your forum profile to access it, and to access the Missions board where all questions about missions should be asked.
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,25186.0.html

Regards,
Marty

ilias74

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:50 »

Hello,
does this mean I have to complete missions in sequence (1-2-3-4...)? Each one unlocks the one under it? If yes, wouldn't it be more meaningful not to let the player begin the mission, warning him/her about the fact he/she has to unlock it first by completing the previous mission? I might be missing something again so please be patient.

I also see that entering port by bow or stern and mooring at the right place has no effect please read and check the screenshots on my previous posts. There is no "trigger" (the green sun alike spot) on the chart corresponding to the mooring berth and even if I ask for the "waypoints" on the compass I only get the Dover one (where I also see the trigger spot when I start the mission).

I read the posts you suggested - I also registered my Ship Sim serial, I put only the ferry pack s.n. first time - and, for what is my experience till now, it seems like a bug. The mission is not a downloaded from the forum one, but one of the original (not edited) defaults coming with the Ferry pack.

Who should I contact to examine and resolve this?

Thanks again...

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 11:04:23 »

I will give the mission another go later on, and will post the results  :)

mvsmith

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 12:07:09 »

Hi ilias,

Thank you for registering.
First: “Locking” as the term is commonly used here does not mean that missions must be played in a certain order. That feature is not implemented in SSE. All missions may be played in any order you choose. Some authors may produce a series of missions that make more sense if played in chronological order, but there is no “locking” to force that.

When a mission is locked, that means that it cannot be opened for examination in the mission editor. It means that we cannot tell you, for instance, whether the mission logic requires you to dock stern first, or to tie up with one or with two lines. You must depend entirely upon the messages that appear on-screen to tell you how to proceed. In some cases, a short message may only stay on the screen for a few seconds, so you must be alert.

The “objective” messages are a vital part of the mission. If you feel that they do not tell you, clearly, what you must do to proceed with the mission, then you should send a PM to the author and ask him to explain. He is the one who is responsible for providing such support for all of his missions if they are locked.

Regards,
Marty

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 12:28:06 »

Hi
Going by pic you may not have gone back far enough to trigger the end
you get message telling you to go back when mooring  .
                                                                                  Eric

ilias74

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 14:26:11 »

I don't think it's the case, and anyway it would be absurd to ask for such precision to trigger the end of acivity.
Here is a screenshot from another angle.

pepe

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 16:44:00 »

Hi Illias
the right position with the right mooring points.

Greetings Pepe
NB Acer 5943 G
Intel core I7 720QM
8 GB DDR3
ATI Mobility HD5850 1024MB
Win7 64

ilias74

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 17:08:23 »

No luck, same thing. Although your screenshot has the mooring tool covering the exact stern point it's not important, it's quite obvious. But doesn't work, I'm sorry.

Joey1

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 19:38:12 »

I think your problem is that you missed an earlier waypoint and the waypoint in Calais isn't active. If you look at your screenshot in the left top it says "Head to Calais", which is as far as I remember the second or third waypoint.

If this isn't the solution I'm sorry, I have no other idea.

Joey
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 19:40:08 by Joey1 »

mvsmith

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 19:39:30 »

Gentlemen,

Looking at the mission in the editor, it appears that two point entities are attached to Albatross while in Dover—one at the bow and one at the stern. The stern point must be within 25 meters of an area with a radius of 25 meters.
She must have two lines ashore.

The bow point is used to determine if she is attempting to berth bow first.

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines