Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 12:22:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albatros IV Dover-Calais Late night Run  (Read 6836 times)

mvsmith

Re: Albatros IV Dover-Calais Late night Run
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 20:29:42 »

Unlike SS08, completion of prior objectives is not usually necessary for the “activation” or completion of an objective.
However, completion of the preceding objective is usually what makes the marker on the chart visible. In this case, the marker would be at the dock. It is not necessary for the marker to be visible in order for an objective to be completed, as long as the player in the right place.

It is also, in most cases, necessary to satisfy the conditions of an objective before the mission logic can proceed to the next state.
If you are not getting messages that you need to go back farther, or turn around, then the objective may not be active, and Joey may be right.

The first objective is the teleport, which you have done.
Completing the next objective gives the message “You have entered the Port of Calais”, starts objective 3 “Moor at the designated berth” and makes the marker alongside the dock visible.

Tying up to two bollards with your ship’s stern even with the end of the dock should complete the objective.

ilias74

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 20:45:04 »

Might be that I missed a waypoint marker then, as I don't see any other reason and I also don't get any of messages you quoted.

Can someone that already completed the mission tell me how many they are?

Anyway, I will start over again and let you know if the problem persists.

Thanks!

mvsmith

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 21:31:20 »

There are the two described in my last post.

Picture 2 shows the orange point entities attached to bow & stern of Abatross.

Picture 1 shows the final “waypoint”, the large sphere entity alongside the dock and the small 25 meter sphere that the stern point must be in.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines