Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 09:08:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What ferries would you like to see in ship simulator in the future? Feel free to comment

Modern super ferries
- 57 (44.2%)
Traditional style
- 49 (38%)
Short distance
- 5 (3.9%)
Fast cats
- 12 (9.3%)
Other
- 6 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: mn coromuel  (Read 11945 times)

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
Re: mn coromuel
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 23:53:53 »

Have a look at www.poferries.com

To be honest, they are starting too look dated inside and P&O seems to want fewer, but larger ships. Yet Dover and Calais were purpose built (for Townsend Thoresen) for the Dover-Calais routes and they have brilliant acceleration, manouverability and stability. Interested to know where they will be operated next... Anyone got a spare £34,000,000 that I can borrow to buy them?

Stu

Hmm I have never traveled on them so i cant comment! I think the likes of Pride of Canterbury etc will be their for a while yet as they are newer! I think ive got a ships monthly article about their refurbishment. Does anyone know if vstep will bring the Dover-Calais routes to Ship Simulator?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 18:53:02 »

The Canterbury and Kent, as you obviously know, are rebuilds of mid life freighters, like their sister, Burgundy. However, the actual implementation of Kent/Canterbury is MUCH better than on Burgundy.

Burgundy LOOKS like what it is... A converted freighter. The newer two look quite impressive, both inside and out. Whether they compete with seaCHANCE Rodin is another question.

Compare to the old Fiesta/Fantasia. Old converted freighters, but I think they really looked the part (but too slow). I do know that the current Dover and Calais are nice and quick and I fear that P&O are going to do their usual trick of putting big, expensive boats out that they can not fill in a recession.

Far be it from me to tell P&O how to run their business, but they are planning their business on the basis of the increased Eastern Europe trade lasting forever. It won't if we get a recession, IMHO. Oh what a shame Lord Sterling retired.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 23:03:52 »

a remake!!! now totally based on draws from meyer shipyards!

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 23:26:49 »

Beautiful! :) She's from a time where ships actually looked like ships...  ;)

Regards
groennegaard

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 01:08:06 »

Beautiful! :) She's from a time where ships actually looked like ships...  ;)

Regards
groennegaard

hahahaa couldnt agree more!! ;)

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 07:57:36 »

Thats impressive ;D I really hope vstep adds this fine ferry to ship simulator!

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 08:22:26 »

Greetings,
I've voted "Others",because we need to have some different ones.The same with other vessels.
If we have more different vessels,there is more fun in the game,also this create some kind of grade of difficulty.
Regards
Marc
N

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 08:23:37 »

Greetings,
I've voted "Others",because we need to have some different ones.The same with other vessels.
If we have more different vessels,there is more fun in the game,also this create some kind of grade of difficulty.
Regards
Marc
O,yea,you've done a great job on this ferry.Superb
N

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 11:36:19 »

Greetings,
Regards
Marc

Yea i agree, People need to put down what (others) they would want to see in the game ??? 8)

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 17:37:28 »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 20:08:53 »

How about this big boy in ship simulator? Pride of dover ;D

Aah, I have fond memories of being on Pride of Calais during my school trip to the WW1  French battlefields in the early 1990's. On our way home, it was howling gale force winds which I remember she took over 30 mins to depart away from Calais pier because the wind was blowing against her large superstructure. She had to use up all her power and her bow/stern thrusters were going crazy.

The crossing was very, very rough and I was the only one in my school trip party who wasn't seasick!  ;D

One thing I didn't like about them was the fact that her owner had this annoying habit of changing the ferry's name every few years. Very confusing!!!!!  :-\ The big sisters  - Pride of Calais and Pride of Dover - are now back to their original names.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 10:13:03 »

Aah, I have fond memories of being on Pride of Calais during my school trip to the WW1  French battlefields in the early 1990's. On our way home, it was howling gale force winds which I remember she took over 30 mins to depart away from Calais pier because the wind was blowing against her large superstructure. She had to use up all her power and her bow/stern thrusters were going crazy.

The crossing was very, very rough and I was the only one in my school trip party who wasn't seasick!  ;D

One thing I didn't like about them was the fact that her owner had this annoying habit of changing the ferry's name every few years. Very confusing!!!!!  :-\ The big sisters  - Pride of Calais and Pride of Dover - are now back to their original names.

Love stormy ferry crossing stories! Infact that gives me an idea! ;D

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 10:31:50 »

Hey alfredo great work, is your remodel going to be for ship simulator or are you just playing around with your ferry?  ;D ???

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 23:01:00 »

i dont know.. depends on the Vstep crew. they are interested in my model of California Star.. i posted an image in some thread.. i believe it was the big one about "which vessels would you like to see in SS08" but if they want this remake it is ok for me.. as long as i have time! ;D getting busy with my training on the B737

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 23:31:56 »

Hi Alfredo :)

California Star... another beautiful model you've made there! I've looked up the link:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,938.msg20815.html#msg20815

Regards
groennegaard

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 05:26:41 »

i dont know.. depends on the Vstep crew. they are interested in my model of California Star.. i posted an image in some thread.. i believe it was the big one about "which vessels would you like to see in SS08" but if they want this remake it is ok for me.. as long as i have time! ;D getting busy with my training on the B737

You are a ship modeling god my friend! Another brilliant piece of work! Has vstep shown any interest?

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 05:43:06 »

sure the have! thats why Coromuel is a static ship now... and they want California Star for a test... if approved it is going to be a playable ship (so they said)

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 10:40:40 »

sure the have! thats why Coromuel is a static ship now... and they want California Star for a test... if approved it is going to be a playable ship (so they said)

Great! Will they make the coromuel playable?

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 16:36:03 »

may be you all guys that want coromuel playable should ask Vstep crew to make her playable. They havent said anything to me about Coromuel being playable.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 19:59:17 »

may be you all guys that want coromuel playable should ask Vstep crew to make her playable. They havent said anything to me about Coromuel being playable.

Yeah they are some pretty silent people when they even cannot answer emails. :-*

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2007, 07:04:39 »

Yeah they are some pretty silent people when they even cannot answer emails. :-*

who do you want to talk to??

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2007, 00:21:05 »

The PO Dover and PO Calais do roll quite a bit in rough weather though. The pitch holding is good though. Unlike their baby siblings the former Bruges/Kent (Pride/Spirit of Free Enterprise, and of course their more infamous sister)- the Spirit class were much more stable- despite having basically the same hull. Though the Dover/Calais are much quicker acceleration than any other ship of their size on Dover Staits.

Sorry. Off topic.
Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:26 »

The PO Dover and PO Calais do roll quite a bit in rough weather though. The pitch holding is good though. Unlike their baby siblings the former Bruges/Kent (Pride/Spirit of Free Enterprise, and of course their more infamous sister)- the Spirit class were much more stable- despite having basically the same hull. Though the Dover/Calais are much quicker acceleration than any other ship of their size on Dover Staits.

Sorry. Off topic.
Stu

What makes them able to accelerate so quickly? If you had the likes of PORotterdam vs PODover which one would accelerate faster?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2007, 18:26:34 »

Sorry. I never saw this question.

The Pride of Dover is about 17000 tonnes, compared to the PoR which is 32000 tonnes or thereabouts. Thats a big difference.

Also the PoD and sisters were designed to make the crossing faster and easier as they needed to compete with the channel sewer (euro tunnel)... Though not travelling at 186MPH of course!

In terms of the mechanical features, you would need to ask a marine expert (there are some here).

Stu

Roebot 65

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 17:19:34 »

IK ve noticed that ship brefore it is not a static model min editor
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines