Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 17:59:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What ferries would you like to see in ship simulator in the future? Feel free to comment

Modern super ferries
- 57 (44.2%)
Traditional style
- 49 (38%)
Short distance
- 5 (3.9%)
Fast cats
- 12 (9.3%)
Other
- 6 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: mn coromuel  (Read 11946 times)

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
mn coromuel
« on: September 18, 2007, 09:15:04 »

Has anyone noticed that ferry mn coromuel in rotterdam harbour? Isnt that an old stenaline ferry? Vstep should make it playable  ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:25:41 by sniperonthehill »

rs

• Forum member
Re: mn coromuel
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:59:20 »

If VSTEP made it playable, then I would buy Ship Simulator 2008  ;)

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 13:52:00 »

Has anyone noticed that ferry mn coromuel in rotterdam harbour? Isnt that an old stenaline ferry? Vstep should make it playable  ;D

Hi sniperonthehill !

We are several to have noticed this lovely little ferry, this has been discussed here !
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,938.250.html (page 11)

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 14:10:21 »

..and as far as I know she has never been a Stena ferry! She'e one of the famous Papenburg Sisters for Viking Line and others...

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:27:54 »

Ok thanks, would it be hard for vstep to include her in the game since shes already there?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 23:25:40 »

From what I understand (there is a statement from Pjotr/Mark to this effect- I will look for it) that the biggest problem is to make a static scenery item into a playable ship. Basically, the dynamics is harder than making the 3d model.

So the answer, i suspect, is yes- its hard.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 06:52:56 »

I really love that kind and size of ferry, but it would be great too, to have it as a static object to be placed, where it is realistic when creating new missions. Guess we used to have more of them, even without the chance to get them as player ships, just for decoration means.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 07:32:20 »

Sealink, later Stena Sealink did use one of her sister ships - Earl Granville (Ex Viking 4).

http://simplonpc.co.uk/Viking_Viking_4.html
http://simplonpc.co.uk/Mexican_Papenburg.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 07:34:21 by muns »

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:32:00 »

Okay, but as far as I know never in Stena livery, guess?

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 14:07:07 »

After a little digging and checking dates, it looks like the Earl Granville was never owned by Stena, having being sold off the year before (90) Stena bought Sealink British Ferries (91).

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 08:23:52 »

Hello..

As i said before... im the author of the MN Coromuel model, and yes she is a Papenburg sister.. the most beautiful roros ever build, just look at those graceful lines. Her sisters were all of the viking ones Earl Granville and so on. Coromuel was build specifically for the goverment of mexico together with her other mexican sisters MN Azteca and MN Puerto Vallarta. Coromuel is still sailing today but with new name "MN Sinaloa Star", MN Azteca was scrapped in Chittagong (sad) and MN Puerto Vallarta is laid up in Mazatlan Harbour just collecting rust. Initially the SS08 team didnt ask me for the model to be playable. But as many is requesting, maybe they will consider to make her playable. I would love to sail her in SS08 of course.

watch a video from her in this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDeQG7Ezg7E
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:36:03 by Alfredo »

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 09:11:14 »

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Thanks Alfredo.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 12:07:40 »

Reminds me of the Saint classes at Dover (no commonality between them, just same era and general layout).

Ahhh. Remember the days before the 30000 tonne superferries :)

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 22:35:26 »

After a little digging and checking dates, it looks like the Earl Granville was never owned by Stena, having being sold off the year before (90) Stena bought Sealink British Ferries (91).

Thanks muns

I thought it must have been something like that and Yes! I love the old saint class ferries! When i lived in the u.k i traveled on the stena antrim, formally st christopher and now i think shes called M/F Ibn Batouta. Was it just the style of ferries back then because around that period they all had Similar features?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 23:00:56 by sniperonthehill »

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 22:42:04 »

Hello..

As i said before... im the author of the MN Coromuel model, and yes she is a Papenburg sister.. the most beautiful roros ever build, just look at those graceful lines. Her sisters were all of the viking ones Earl Granville and so on. Coromuel was build specifically for the goverment of mexico together with her other mexican sisters MN Azteca and MN Puerto Vallarta. Coromuel is still sailing today but with new name "MN Sinaloa Star", MN Azteca was scrapped in Chittagong (sad) and MN Puerto Vallarta is laid up in Mazatlan Harbour just collecting rust. Initially the SS08 team didnt ask me for the model to be playable. But as many is requesting, maybe they will consider to make her playable. I would love to sail her in SS08 of course.

Hey Alfredo
Could you do your MN Coromuel model in the sealink colours since her sister was in that livery?

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 23:20:06 by sniperonthehill »

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 23:22:36 »

Hey Alfredo
Could you do your MN Coromuel model in the sealink colours since her sister was in that livery?

Cheers

it is not the same model... none of the sisters are identical... i would need the name, pictures and time  ;D im about to start my initial training for flying a B737. so it is going to be difficult

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 23:28:34 »

it is not the same model... none of the sisters are identical... i would need the name, pictures and time  ;D im about to start my initial training for flying a B737. so it is going to be difficult

Ok so if i got you pictures and that you may be able to do it? are the two ships nearly identical? On a computer or real training?  ;D

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 01:54:22 »

i dont know how identical are they.. but most of them has different arrangement of windows and the stern is always different in every ship.. some times even the same ship changed shapes many times. so i would need multiple specific pictures of the one you want.. i have the goal of creating all of the papenburg sisters.. but is not going to be anytime soon nor fast. and is the real training on the B737-300/400/500  8) enough of Flight Sim.  ;D But hey... im 23, i have all the time of the world!

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 06:38:55 »

Ah ok i see! Well i shall search around and have a look for some good photos of the Earl Granville in her sealink livery. If anyone has some good photos of this ferry please post them!!!! Man sounds like fun ive always wanted to try my hands on the real 737  8)

shipmania2007

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 16:49:12 »

ill like to see
tomson crusies - celebration  ;)

that would be well cool  ;D
;) I love this game

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 23:04:45 »

that would be well cool  ;D

Why 'well cool' is the heating broken? :S

Stu

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 23:09:14 »

How about this big boy in ship simulator? Pride of dover ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 23:20:45 »

Big? maybe in 1986 :) They are now 20 years old and their replacements are currently being designed although I don't think the keels have been laid yet. But their days are limited :(

Stu

sniperonthehill

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 23:31:14 »

Big? maybe in 1986 :) They are now 20 years old and their replacements are currently being designed although I don't think the keels have been laid yet. But their days are limited :(

Stu

Big to me  ;D Its sad when a old favorite looks set to be replaced. Do you know anything about their replacements? What current ferries with pride of dover run that service at the moment?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 23:34:14 »

Have a look at www.poferries.com

To be honest, they are starting too look dated inside and P&O seems to want fewer, but larger ships. Yet Dover and Calais were purpose built (for Townsend Thoresen) for the Dover-Calais routes and they have brilliant acceleration, manouverability and stability. Interested to know where they will be operated next... Anyone got a spare £34,000,000 that I can borrow to buy them?

Stu
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines