Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 21:22:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: More lighting/lights on ships needed and other issues.  (Read 25894 times)

craigster1

• Forum member
Re: More lighting/lights on ships needed and other issues.
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2011, 16:41:37 »

thank u thats why i said to lock this topic before it does really gett out of hand 
Nope no knowledge at all, just the 19 years at sea.  And really, how much knowledge does it take to point out that swearing isn't really very polite?

Muppet.

mvsmith

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2011, 16:53:47 »

Chill out craigster.
This topic has been hijacked by Peter, so we might as well let it run its course, rather than have someone start a new one just to continue the rant.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 16:58:15 by mvsmith »

craigster1

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2011, 17:00:53 »

well if this was mine it would be locked all ready so why carnt this one
Chill out craigster.
This topic has been hijacked by Peter, so we might as well let it run its course, rather than have someone start a new one just to continue the rant.

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2011, 17:02:38 »

Because the owner does not want to lock it!

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2011, 17:17:38 »

And meanwhile you guys are still contributing...  ;D
It's the crew that makes the difference

craigster1

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2011, 17:26:13 »

ballast if this was my toic wont you locked it by now
And meanwhile you guys are still contributing...  ;D

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2011, 17:34:55 »

Craigster, please will you cease adding fuel to this particular bonfire, you are beginning to get on peoples nerves.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

craigster1

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 17:36:53 »

really fine u just keep this person swearing at u ballast will tell u this but a few weeks ago i got banned for 2 weeks for swearing at him and hes getting away with it
Craigster, please will you cease adding fuel to this particular bonfire, you are beginning to get on peoples nerves.

That’s enough craigster. If you continue, your posts will simply be removed, and you may be sent to detention like a naughty child.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 18:00:19 by mvsmith »

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2011, 20:54:05 »

craigster, don't mean to butt in, but the mods on this forum know what they are doing. If you think the topic needs locking you can report it to the mod with the link at the bottom of each post (not to say that it will get locked) instead of adding fuel to the fire.

Just my two cents. ;)
Regards,
James

forest_

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 12:17:55 »

I would like to see more lights on the Passangers ships, good idea.

Re Titanic, I would like to see something like the SS France for example.Titanic is not the best advert for shipping??

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 18:31:53 »

Yeh, the lighting really does need to be sorted please, i've noticed that some ships look like there ghosts (makes a "wooo" noise) in certain lighting conditions.

-offtopic-
I'd like to see the france/norway and the SSUS to, as there nicer than the titanic
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2011, 21:24:21 »

Funny!!  :lol:. Well now to the business. I meant to my own copy of this SSE. You have the model of Titanic, so its only up to the price. So say it, how much?

I know, "its THERE", but it has  been ages, anyone has said anything about Titanic. So I just wanted to tell you the news, that HELLO, there is Titanic. There was Titanic in this SS and we want her back. Thats it. And missions are not a prob. Anyone can do missions for Titanic. For example the maiden voyage. You mean Ship Sim 2006 and 2008? Well now of course I want to test her in the storm, but there were no real storms in SS06 and SS08. Wave heights were just ridiculous. So thats not an option, I am afraid.

And I sure would want those search lights also to these modern ships...  :)

If never, how much does it cost for me to have it in my OWN sim?

If you want you 'r own sim no problem the cost is up to you how many developers are
you willing to pay the programer's.
Extreme's was 2 years on the idea's and testing before it even went into the development
stage.
It has been stated enough time's the titanic is not in the sim because of issue's with the
model being Polly count heavy and other things and it was stated that it MAY be possible
later on.(try reading posts for titanic its there)
In my own personal view the titanic has no place in the sim she has very little to add to
the game mission wise take a look there a not many.
I respect that you like the ship and enjoy sailing her but for now its 2006 2008 free roam
for you.
                                                                                                                  Eric

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2011, 21:34:11 »

Well, never mind me, please continue by all yourselves.I am done here. I will wait for someone in charge of SSE and its development to answer my questions and not guessing like you do. Ok? I will wait for my lover, Titanic. And I will wait for those search lights too. So until that, happy sailing.  :)

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2011, 21:48:42 »

Funny!!  :lol:. Well now to the business. I meant to my own copy of this SSE. You have the model of Titanic, so its only up to the price. So say it, how much?

I know, "its THERE", but it has  been ages, anyone has said anything about Titanic. So I just wanted to tell you the news, that HELLO, there is Titanic. There was Titanic in this SS and we want her back. Thats it. And missions are not a prob. Anyone can do missions for Titanic. For example the maiden voyage. You mean Ship Sim 2006 and 2008? Well now of course I want to test her in the storm, but there were no real storms in SS06 and SS08. Wave heights were just ridiculous. So thats not an option, I am afraid.

And I sure would want those search lights also to these modern ships...  :)
The fact is, you can't copy and paste one vessel from one sim to the other. Yes they may have the model, but they need to develop it into the new game.

And think of it this way, VSTEP makes downloadable content via the shipyard, It's small in cost to us consumers, because many people will buy it, which covers the cost in developing the ship in the simulator. It costs thousands to put a model into the game, and to say that you are wanting a price? How does that sound?
Regards,
James

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2011, 11:57:06 »

Ok, cool. I can understand that. But that VSTEP already has that model, is like being already half way there. They dont need to develop it from the scratch. Right?

I know and I am ever so grateful. Many people buy...sure. Just how many people WOULD buy the legend of the oceans, the Queen of the oceans, Titanic. All the people all over the world knows Titanic, but how many knows f.e Agile Solution or whatever ferries this ferry back contains. Nobody. Except for some, who are interested in ships.

Yes, we want Titanic into this sim one way or another. If it costs a thousand bucks, who cares? Titanic is much more valuable than that. Its priceless.  

But like I said, happy sailing. I will wait here for answers. From these developers of this simulation. Sure they are here as well? If not, give them a hint... ;)

The fact is, you can't copy and paste one vessel from one sim to the other. Yes they may have the model, but they need to develop it into the new game.

And think of it this way, VSTEP makes downloadable content via the shipyard, It's small in cost to us consumers, because many people will buy it, which covers the cost in developing the ship in the simulator. It costs thousands to put a model into the game, and to say that you are wanting a price? How does that sound?

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2011, 12:07:17 »

I know and I am ever so grateful. Many people buy...sure. Just how many people WOULD buy the legend of the oceans, the Queen of the oceans, Titanic. All the people all over the world knows Titanic

The Titaninc being the legend of the oceans is based on your personal opinion, if she didn't sank that day she would be scrapped by now. The only reason why the Titanic is known around the globe is because of the movie.

but how many knows f.e Agile Solution or whatever ferries this ferry back contains. Nobody. Except for some, who are interested in ships
Those who are interested in ships is exactly the group of people that the dev's are targeting at.  ;D

Yes, we want Titanic into this sim one way or another. If it costs a thousand bucks, who cares? Titanic is much more valuable than that. Its priceless.  

In my opinion, the Titanic isn't much more worth than the daily price for scrap metal.

TerryRussell († 2012)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2011, 20:02:54 »

In my opinion, the Titanic isn't much more worth than the daily price for scrap metal.

Given that it is just a few tons of rotting, rusting, corroded metal at the bottom of the Atlantic, about two Euros then?

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 20:09:15 »

Are you trying to get rid of some funny money?? 2 Euro's would be fair enough, for 'as and where she is'.. have fun!  ;D

Peter1010

• Forum member
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2011, 22:12:07 »

Are you trying to get rid of some funny money?? 2 Euro's would be fair enough, for 'as and where she is'.. have fun!  ;D

Perhaps you didnt get it!! I was talking about a soul of her, soul of Titanic. And that wreck is also priceless. But of course you dont get it, because you dont have any equipment to do that, now do you. So keep your worthless opinions and brainless thoughts to your own. Nobody needs them, ok?   

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2011, 22:41:15 »

Peter, I would suggest that you stop being so aggressive. There is no need to behave like a spoilt child. As has been mentioned many times it is really quite unlikely that "Titanic" will appear in Ship Simulator Extremes. If you are really so desperate to have "Titanic" why not just have SS2006 & SS2008, both of which have her in the game. If you are unhappy about this, you have made us well aware of the fact. So please stop being so insulting to moderators & forum members. Accept this as a gentle warning!!!

Traddles.

mvsmith

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:55 »

Angus,

What is it about that poorly designed and shoddily constructed floating death-trap that brings the crazies out of the woodwork?
It must be a morbid fascination with the deaths of 1500 souls rather than the “soul” of an inanimate hunk of iron.

Regards,
Marty

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2011, 09:29:49 »

Just wait until next year, not only will we have all the nutjobs predicting the end of the world, there will be the 100th anniversary of the launch of the titanic, the 100th anniversary of the sea trials, the 100th anniversary of her departure from Southampton, 100th anniversary of her arrival at Cork, 100th anniversary of Mr. grimstone tripping over his shoe laces on the promenade deck.......

mvsmith

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2011, 12:17:00 »

I don’t believe that the people of the Maritime Provinces will celebrate the 100th anniversary of cleaning up a sea of rotting corpses — the true legacy of the Titanic.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:34:56 by mvsmith »

Willmutt

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2011, 20:30:24 »

Those who are interested in ships is exactly the group of people that the dev's are targeting at.  ;D

That's not many..

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2011, 21:04:43 »

That's not many..

In that case I wonder to whom the simulator is targetted? Possibly farmers, or maybe soldiers. !:)  On second thoughts though, as you say Willmutt, it could not be at all possible that it would be those who have an interest in ships. Why on earth would such people want to have such a game. ???  :doh: Such a comment from one  who appears not even to have ANY of the three games seems rather odd to me. :-\
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 21:06:58 by Traddles »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines