Hello Guest May 29, 2024, 11:39:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: titanic conspiracy  (Read 5283 times)

barrown1990

• Forum member
titanic conspiracy
« on: February 01, 2011, 17:57:17 »

i just seen a documentery on the conspiracy that says titanic and olympic were switched. i dont realy beleive it but there are photos which seem to support the idea quite strongly and also there is a good motive to do switch them then sink the olympic.

i just wanted to ask what your opinions were?
"take her to sea m murdoch. lets strech her legs!"

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: titanic conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 18:07:24 »

A ship sunk

Lots of people were killed...

what difference dies the name really make? And they didn't really expect that the ship would really sink...

larsdehaan

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 18:59:49 »

i dont like conspiracey theories like the one that the u.s government is hiding whats REALLY found at roswell...i came out of that object (wich was found)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 19:07:31 »

To me I don't see what difference a name plate makes. Whatever 'it' was called, it sank to the bottom of the Atlantic, killing hundreds of people; that's what matters.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 19:46:39 »

I own Titanic and her sisters website and i dont think did white star line switched the sisters however they were in the same dock for a short time but really i believe that Titanic was Titanic :captain:
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 20:01:50 »

I own Titanic and her sisters website

Can I have an autograph? ;D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 20:04:41 »

I own Titanic and her sisters website and i dont think did white star line switched the sisters however they were in the same dock for a short time but really i believe that Titanic was Titanic :captain:

it wouldnt have took that long to switch the ships. olympic and titanic were together for nerly a week when olympic returned to belfast to have a propeller blade replaced. it would have been very simple and very quick

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 20:07:30 »

But why would they do it? What would they gain?  ???

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 20:19:48 »

But why would they do it? What would they gain?  ???
as im sure you know olympic collided with the hms hawke somtime before. (not sure on the exact date) the damage to olympic was seveer. her prop shaft wass bent aswell as other damage. its very possible that her back was broken which would have ment that if her back was broken she was economicly a wright off.

early in 1912 olympic ran over a wreck and returnd to belfast to have a propeller blade replaced. the olympic was loosing money for white star so she was switched with titanic (as the theory goes) and sunk on purpose and insurance claim collected.

in titanics wreckage the starboard prop blade still has 401 written on it. so natraly people asume it is titanic. how ever this pice of evedence neither disproves or confirms the theory as to get the olympic back in service quick they took titanic's starboard propeller and put it on olympic and a new prop made for titanic as it was staying in belfast to be completed anyway

chris938

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 20:23:51 »

it sunk nearly 100 years ago!   lol get over it!  :doh:

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 20:25:33 »

it sunk nearly 100 years ago!   lol get over it!  :doh:
lol i find it facinating thats all. its one of the few conspiracy theorys that has credible evidence

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 20:29:47 »

lol i find it facinating thats all. its one of the few conspiracy theorys that has credible evidence

Credible Evidence? you have said yourself the prop had the correct number for the Titanic, and the financial implications of sinking a vessel would be more then just the insurance - there is the public image - One of the reasons companies don't want there ships in SSE is that they don;'t want video of them sinking, even if it is a simulator.

besides, he collision itself was not "sunk on purpose" - it hit a iceberg, or does the conspiracy also say that White Star Line just happened to tow a iceberg in front of the ship...?

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 20:31:40 »

Credible Evidence? you have said yourself the prop had the correct number for the Titanic, and the financial implications of sinking a vessel would be more then just the insurance - there is the public image - One of the reasons companies don't want there ships in SSE is that they don;'t want video of them sinking, even if it is a simulator.

besides, he collision itself was not "sunk on purpose" - it hit a iceberg, or does the conspiracy also say that White Star Line just happened to tow a iceberg in front of the ship...?
im not talking about those im refering to photo evedence

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 20:40:48 »

what photo evidence?

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 20:50:10 »

what photo evidence?
besides the a-deck enclosed section there were several minor difrences in titanic's and olympic's porthole arangment. features that were either diferent or missing in olympic at the time of her launch. yet by early 1912 (febuary i think) it was changed. olympic was starting to look more and more like titanic, like sisters being turnd into twins

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 20:58:38 »

Improvements are to be expected

But still, she wasn't purposefully sunk - unless you have evidence that shows that the iceberg was deliberately placed in front...

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 21:03:29 »

Improvements are to be expected

But still, she wasn't purposefully sunk - unless you have evidence that shows that the iceberg was deliberately placed in front...
true but the modifications themselves are very minor and almost pointless. and there are no records of any refit or reason for modification at that time. unless im mistaken wernt all modifications put on a record even then

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 21:04:23 »

She wasn't purposefully sunk - unless you have evidence that shows that the iceberg was deliberately placed in front...

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 21:11:02 »

true but the damage eithere might not have been as bad (not likely i admit) or the ship hit the berge on purpose. its unlikely they intended to kill every1. i think that if the ship was sunk on purpose the californian was supose to rescue them.

can you see my point with the whole idea though. just pointig out a theory and evidence that seems to support it. thats all. no need to be disrespectful

larsdehaan

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 21:12:50 »

IF its true that the Olympic is the wreck... it doesnt change ANYTHING about that horrible disaster where so many people unfortunatly lost their lives. a ship is a hull with and engine a human is flesh,blood,brains and organs... if a ship is lost (without any casualties) nobody cries but when a human is lost (died) many people cry

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 21:17:07 »

IF its true that the Olympic is the wreck... it doesnt change ANYTHING about that horrible disaster where so many people unfortunatly lost their lives. a ship is a hull with and engine a human is flesh,blood,brains and organs... if a ship is lost (without any casualties) nobody cries but when a human is lost (died) many people cry
an acident is an acident. but if it was olympic that sunk on purpose its evidence of neglectful murder.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 21:19:09 »

I meant no disrespect

Trouble is that it meant White Star Line sent it out hoping that it would get sunk - there was a good chance she would have got to NY fine - then what? besides if they were going to plan that you would have thought they would have a few extra lifeboats...

an acident is an acident. but if it was olympic that sunk on purpose its evidence of neglectful murder.

It wasn't sunk on purpose though - as I said it was a sheer piece of bad luck - they could have missed all the icebergs and been fine

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 22:23:18 »

Speaking of conspiracies: I saw a documentary last week raising the question if the Mafia could have been responsible for the fire, and eventual sinking of the SS Normandie in New York harbour in 1941.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 22:25:24 by saltydog »

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 22:25:28 »

but maybe they wanted titanic to sink a member of my site asked me a question a few months back as he asked was titanic sunk be her company because he said this =

fire in coal bunker=left
no Binoculars= was told nothing done
they knew ice-bergs in area=still went full steam
and also WSL was going threw Financial problems=needed money
Titanic insurance to pay of dept?
some extras that springs to mind as well

I dont believe this but iv had weird emails form people about this and this is one that caught my eye

i replied to him saying
there are no evidence of this and its hard to believe the (WSL) would do this as they are such a company if this gets out the are finished and would ruin them

but it just  could of been the story we no today the ``fateful voyage```
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 22:30:26 by rjwhyte09 »
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

barrown1990

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 23:02:48 »

but maybe they wanted titanic to sink a member of my site asked me a question a few months back as he asked was titanic sunk be her company because he said this =

fire in coal bunker=left
no Binoculars= was told nothing done
they knew ice-bergs in area=still went full steam
and also WSL was going threw Financial problems=needed money
Titanic insurance to pay of dept?
some extras that springs to mind as well

but it just  could of been the story we no today the ``fateful voyage```

you do have a point and just for the record i dont belive it But I do think it’s a plausible scenario.  Lets put it like this
- Olympic hits hms hawk and badly damages both ships and possibly breaks Olympics’ back
- Olympic runs over a wreck and looses a prop blade.  Assuming her back was also broken she was even after the 1st collision an economical write off.
- with the Olympic a financial disaster the white star line need a way to pay of the ever increasing debts.
- while the Olympic is in for propeller repairs, a near identical ship (titanic) sits near by
- white star hatch plans to switch the 2 ships.  All they need to do is modify the Olympic slightly to match titanic’s porthole pattern.
-then letter heads, lifeboats and basic trivial items are exchanged. Not a lot needed to be changed because for the most part both ships used exactly the same stuff
-titanic, now named Olympic sails off and into active service.
-Olympic, disguised  as titanic is then sunk in one way or another.
- insurance collected, debt paid of, problem solved.

To summarize all this Olympic was a financial disaster for white star so with a sister ship sitting near by what better way for them to get rid of Olympic than by switching them and scuttling the ship in mid Atlantic

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines