Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 20:43:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future possiblities for Ship Simulator Extremes?  (Read 17272 times)

mvsmith

Re: Future possiblities for Ship Simulator Extremes?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 23:43:55 »

I repeat: If you want to know why VSTEP made the choice that they did, ask them.

As I said in an earlier post, if the graphics were reduced in quality it was more likely to reduce memory use than to increase frame rate.
You are making a rather wild assumption that the graphics in the present game are substantially inferior to an early development effort, based only on some screen shots or renders—not on any actual knowledge of how the running graphics appeared.
You imply that VSTEP low-balled the minimum requirements. Why then do so many users with ostensibly more capable systems have low performance?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 00:04:15 by mvsmith »

Targ

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 06:40:53 »

As far as I can see even though I have a fast PC... that like most if not all First person shooter and games on the market today... All have a very flexible set of options for the for preformance. of the game from Rez to refresh and beyond.. take Crysis and COD Black ops for instance ... they run extremely well even though the Graphic quality is extremely high.. even on lesser pc's my son has a 4 year old pc my old pc and not even a 3 ghz cpu its like 2.4ghz and an 8800 nivida card..

Why hasn't vstep included the options that many other game writers and suppliers are only too willing to include.. thus improoving customer stisfaction.. and more game sales..

mvsmith

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50:59 »

SSE has options for drastically reducing the quality and the load on the rendering part of the frame time.
If they produce little improvement in the frame rate, then that is an indication that most of the frame time is spent in the many calculations done by the CPU before the next rendering can begin. Neither more control over the graphics nor a faster graphics adapter is likely to help.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 09:40:42 »

You must ask VSTEP about that, but I suspect it’s because they felt that users demanded it, as they demanded lots of people wandering aimlessly about on the ships.

I have defendant demanded(requested) eye candy, no ship sim is complete with some sweet stuff. I don't see why VSTEP worres so much about CPU usage and GPU, it's what holds them back to make a Sweet Shim Sim, if you don't have the rig to run it, that is Im afraid. It's why this game feels "weak" a bit i think

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Targ

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 16:10:35 »

its always ideal to let us decide how much eye candy we want me give it all to me my PC gets upgrade every year adn I buy cutting edge.

I'm ready to buy new shit again come march when they release all to fun stuff .. let hope vstep bring us some more awesomeness as an upgrade then...

for those that have pov pc's well give them the option to turn the HD Goodness off.. or LOL just do ya self a favor buy a descent PC FGS guys seriously you want it all but on a OP SHOP price...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines