Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 10:52:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scenic  (Read 1789 times)

Woz

• Forum member
Scenic
« on: January 08, 2011, 04:15:51 »

One of the things that I find a little disheartening is in the Different Ports. They are Ghost Towns. There are no ships docked, no ships in transit like in 06 Or 08 the only ships there are the ones involved in the mission. I would like to see it more like 06 and 08 in that respect.

appleair

• Forum member
Re: Scenic
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 05:45:20 »

One of the things that I find a little disheartening is in the Different Ports. They are Ghost Towns. There are no ships docked, no ships in transit like in 06 Or 08 the only ships there are the ones involved in the mission. I would like to see it more like 06 and 08 in that respect.

Hello Woz,

There are already AI ships in Ship Simulator Extremes. It may be that you do not have the most recent patches installed, or you may have inadvertently turned off the feature. To turn on the feature, look at the lower-left portion of you screen, just above the "Back" button on the "Select Start Position" page when you load up Free Roaming. There would be a check-box titled "Toggle ships on/off", this should be checked to ensure that there is AI traffic.

If the option is not there, download your respective update from VSTEP's download page at http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/updates. Most likely, if you do not have the option to turn on and off the ships, you would have v1.1 or v1 as the AI ships were inputted through the patch to v1.2. Thus, you would have to download "Update all versions to v1.3".

Hope I helped!

Apple

*As your question is a suggestion to the game, this thread should have been posted in the "Feature requests and suggestions" forum.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:47:55 by appleair »
"Sometimes there is a greater lack of communication in facile talking than in silence. " - Faith Baldwin

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Scenic
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 13:29:45 »

Hi Woz,

Below is a post of a senior Moderator which will offer you some answers.

15 FPS is about what is to be expected unless you have a very fast CPU and RAM. The video card is not usually the determining factor in frame rate.

If you are in an environment that is sparse, and you zoom the view on a blank bulkhead or overhead, you can get rates in the 20s or even 30. But in most cases, the amount of work that the CPU must do—ship dynamics, AI, and autopilot—before each frame can be rendered is what slows the frame rate down.

The addition of extra AI in the environments and people wandering about the ships, etc. keeps pushing the limits of what most systems can handle. At the present state of development, dual-core CPUs with single-core speeds greater than 3.0 GHz have a distinct advantage over multi-core i7 CPUs with single-core speeds of 2.8 GHz or lower.

Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines