Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 19:50:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim Extremes Update v1.3 - Now available!  (Read 24395 times)

Swenson

• Ship Simulator Community Manager
  • Forum member
Ship Sim Extremes Update v1.3 - Now available!
« on: January 06, 2011, 17:20:48 »

Hi everyone,

The long-awaited v1.3 update for Ship Simulator Extremes is now available! This big update will fix multiple issues that some user experienced and will also add or improve dozens of features. The update is available through http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/updates and other select channels. STEAM users will have their version updated automatically. To ready the full announcement, please follow this link: http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,23386.0.html

We would like to know what you think about the new update, do so by leaving a message in this topic.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:12:58 by Swenson »
Stay up to date by following our social channels!
http://twitter.com/shipsim
http://www.facebook.com/shipsim

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship Sim Extremes Update v1.3 - Now available!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 18:11:43 »

Hello everybody at Vstep,

I would like to use this opportunity to thank all at Vstep who were involved in creating and releasing Update 1.3

I realise all the hard work that has been put in to release it with its new features, the Mission Editor and and the corrections required for version 1.2.2

I am sure all users will now enjoy the new experience to their heart's content.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the New Year gift  :2thumbs:

Best regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 18:21:30 »

Do I still need to install the Sigitta Bonus-Pack seperately after installing SSE2010 + the 1.3-patch?

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 18:51:25 »

OK, don;t have much time to give it a thorough run through I am afraid, as I am still texturing my CCC entry, but what I have noticed so far is:

* There are still no bouys in Calais :/
* The game seems slightly slower - the deployment map and general start up seem to take slightly longer then before
* Freedom 90 thruster indicator seems odd - when it is at 90, it says 25'
* Freedom 90 seems hard to turn - she appears to turn, but then swings back - at full rudder her turning circle is massive :/
* Freedom 90 Still doesn't seem to like moving on the pad - I think she went up, but I couldn't get her back down again...
* Freedom 90 and Pride of Rotterdam  still don't have names
* Seems very easy to reset the controls, I moved the mouse and the F90 thrust went out, same when I went into the bridge
* Water goes transparent and very bright at certain angles Edit: See attached picture
* Dover has no Mooring Bollards - but Calais does, so not all doom and gloom...
*Still no SS08 Stylised camera (I know its not going to happen, but still...)

Sorry - probably seems very down, and I know you guys have put a lot of hard work in, so I do apologise
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 18:54:36 by The Ferry Man »

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 19:37:55 »

Loading the game is faster and the ship preview is much faster!  I tested the framerate before and after and it stayed exactly the same for me (I'm glad it didn't drop any).

Thanks!

serkan

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 20:03:02 »

I just want to say that This game continues to be the biggest disappointment for me  :(

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 20:13:34 »

FPS'es are still the same as before the 1.3-patch. I think it is caused by my below-specs Nvidia 9400GT graphics card.

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 21:27:51 »

Me FPS increased a bit, while having antaliasing on low.
The update is further perfect. There're really some things improved. The only thing which really irritates me is the loading time while you're switching screen in the lobby. It's taking so much more time now.

But besides that, Well done VStep!! :thumbs:
Cadet Holland America Line

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 21:50:25 »

I just installed the 1.3 version and I love it!  ;D

There is only one more thing I noticed: every time I want to put in the 747 plane in MissionEditor it seems to crash all the time  :-\
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

goodles

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 21:56:40 »

i have the same issue with the water transparity as The Ferry Man and mine also seems to take longer to load than it did with 1.2

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 23:13:16 »

I had a first run with the Freedom 90 too and experienced the same problems as The Ferry Man... she still runs aground on the hoverpads and no power (in the game) will move her back into the water again...
She behaves somehow strange when hovering over the water (fast speed backwards when she should just go forward slowly), large and somehow unrealistic turning circle (she even flips back into her former direction when the rudder is set to neutral after a 90 degrees turn)... :'(

Positiv is the look of the bridge,.. with all this working instruments (whatever for she needs electrical power to fill her skirt  :doh: ,.. ) and the hovering is.. let me say it this way: The general direction the update took is right, only the steps are too small.... ::)

But I won´t give up, now my hopes concentrate on the 1.4 Update... I´m sure it will come and I´m sure it will make the hovercraft hover the right way... and... let´s hope it will not take 5 month... (again) :angel:

Best wishes,
Holger

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 00:09:51 »

Not sure if it's just me but trying to post helpful comments only:
If you mouse scroll zoom the camera towards the ship in orbital camera mode the engine RPM resets to zero and the ship slows, this also seems to happen when changing between camera modes Orbital to Helm and vice versa.
 :)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 00:10:24 »

If you mouse scroll zoom the camera towards the ship in orbital camera mode the engine RPM resets to zero and the ship slows, this also seems to happen when changing between camera modes Orbital to Helm and vice versa.
 :)

Yeah I have that too  :-\

matt5674

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 01:22:18 »

Is anyone seeing the tricked out powerboat in Mission Editor as a player ship? Looks awesome to drive!

J.Ham

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 01:59:47 »

Hello,
I don`t know witch patch you have installed, but
I had that problem too after installing the 1.22 to 1.3 patch.
Then i installed the full patch (any version to 1.3)  after that it works normal for me
Regards: J.E 
 Quadcore i7 2.93ghz. GF460gtx windows7 64bit 8gig ram

Azipod

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 03:52:12 »

Strange how we got the "Imminent Release of v1.3" email notices over a month ago but no email to let us know that v1.3 is actually out!   Just found out after I was bored and came onto the forum!

C'mon VStep.  You guys have great ideas and we thank you for your time in putting together this great sim... But you guys are still lacking on the smallest details!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 06:53:46 »

Maybe because they released the patch so late in the day, the person who will today send out the newsletter had already gone home.  ;)

They could have waited an extra day, but I bet you'd have prefered to have it already, given the choice.

And to be honest, I have a lot of games where the developers do not send out newsletters about their patches and updates at all, I have to check their websites and fora. So, it's easy to nitpick if you want to I guess.  :P

Fred

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 07:39:02 »

Wow!  I found a couple of things I didn't even know they were fixing/adding...   This ship no longer loses the joystick throttle when entering the walk mode and there is now a keyboard assignment for zooming the chart!

Thanks for this excellent update!  I can't wait to learn how to do everything in the Mission Editor, very impressive!

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 08:10:17 »

but no email to let us know that v1.3 is actually out!

According to the list we have more than 54.000 members. That's a lot of e-mails.. ;)

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 09:23:31 »

Strange how we got the "Imminent Release of v1.3" email notices over a month ago but no email to let us know that v1.3 is actually out!   Just found out after I was bored and came onto the forum!

C'mon VStep.  You guys have great ideas and we thank you for your time in putting together this great sim... But you guys are still lacking on the smallest details!

The patch is out, and yet you complain again...it never ceases to amaze me. The reason you have not received a newsletter is because we always allow for a small test period before announcing. Everybody will receive an email today about the new update.

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:05 »

Well, I've had a couple of hours using SSE since the new update.
Here's a few of my observations:

First, some of the Good:

* I really like the new Cinematic Camera view. It's neat to be able to quickly set the distance and height of the camera and then be able to watch as your ship approaches and sails by. I can see this feature can also come in quite handy for people who want to make nice screenshots or if wanting to put together some little video.

* The radar on the bridge view now works and adds more visual appeal.

* When in Walkthrough mode, holding the Shift key now allows you to "run". This can help when exploring some of the bigger ships and wanting to get around more quickly.

* Mooring and Towing to other ships now seem to work successfully. Using the Bugseir tug-boat and logging into multiplayer mode, I was able to successfully test towing another player's ship. There was a couple of issues still (see the "Bad" list below), but so far it seemed to work well enough and the crazy "towing vortex bug" never appeared this time (as it did every time I ever tried towing in Multiplayer mode before the update).

* The graphics overall seemed to look a bit better now.
-------------------------

Now, some of the Bad:

* Regarding towing, something that is odd is the speeds being registred for the ship being towed. Example; when my tug-boat was pulling a Protector ship, at one point I was holding a steady speed of 6 knots, but the other player was saying his speed only showed at 3 knots. It always seemed that whatever my current speed was, that the ship being towed was only showing half that speed. I guess that's a minor issue that can be addressed later, but the main thing is that the towing seemed to work so far now since the update from what I've tried of it. 

Another strange thing about attempting to connect a line to another ship for mooring or towing was when I initiated a request to connect a line, the other player never received that request, but when he sent me a request to connect a line to my ship, I got that okay. I don't know if it was just a one time glitch, or perhaps something to do with the particular ship(s) being used at the time?

* Player names for ships on the chart can still display the wrong name. When I logged into an online session, there were a few other players. One of the players disconnected from the server, no problem, but then another different player with a different name joins in that session. The ship-player-name displayed for the newly joined player is now displaying the ship-player-name of the player who had disconnected and was no longer in session. It can make it confusing to find where a player is on the chart when incorrect ship-player-names are being displayed.
-------------------------------

Well, those are just a few of my observations so far. Performance and FPS seem to be about the same for me on my computer. Overall I'm pleased with the update and new features. I haven't had a chance to try out the Mission Editor yet (I did load it in just to check to see if it loaded, which it did), but I'll probably get around to learning how to use the editor soon enough. 

Thanks to the VStep team for your hard work on this update and your ongoing work in trying to further improve things for SSE.

Cheers!  :captain:
Each day is a gift. Enjoy! :)

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 11:23:26 »

The ships at the navigation chart upper rightmost aren't black, but grey. It is not clearly visible anymore. But why are the ships at the navigation chart grey in stead of black? I still also miss the compass rose at the chart.

When I am in walkthroug mode and I move by pressing the arrow buttons up or down, the engine throttles go back to the neutral position, a very strange and annoying bug!

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 12:25:30 »

When I am in walkthroug mode and I move by pressing the arrow buttons up or down, the engine throttles go back to the neutral position, a very strange and annoying bug!

Try using the W,A,S,D keys for moving about in Walkthrough mode. It works well for me and it doesn't appear to affect any of the engine throttles when moving about this way.
Each day is a gift. Enjoy! :)

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 13:03:21 »

I have dll errors and need help  ???  >:( >:(
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 13:14:40 »

I have dll errors and need help  ???  >:( >:(

Have you by any chance conducted a fresh install of SSE?

Please provide some more details of the occurrence.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines