Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 08:32:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim Extremes Update v1.3 - Now available!  (Read 24393 times)

J3nsen

• Forum member
Re: Ship Sim Extremes Update v1.3 - Now available!
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 13:46:46 »

Steam problems again... Patch instaled but it show 2.2..... And i can't play online, cause it says i have to registrate the game on this forum. Already done.... Still not working...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 13:59:51 »

Hi Jensen,

Did you also get 2 seperate license keys via steam when you purchased it? Other steam customers have reported this.

You might need to register that other key to your forum profile instead of the one you have there atm, or both, rather. This was a problem for others aswell.

As for the patch not changing the 2.2 to 3, I think that's a little hickup with Steam not yet having everything clicking. (registry update might follow)

As long as you can see the mission editor ingame, then you're good.

Regards,
Fred

Vige

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 15:01:42 »

Yeah Steam not updating for me either.

Still dissapointed that I can't play this on my "faster than your desktop" laptop. But VSTEP did tell me in advance they weren't going to patch the game so you could select your graphics card prior to launching it. This time...

Meh...

flash0788

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 19:19:36 »

Update - Sorry, I realized that this is probably not the right board to post this in. I will re-post over in teh Missions board.

First time poster and fairly new use to SSE. Love the sim, it is very cool and fun to play around with so far. My question is this; with the new patch and mission editor now out, would it be feasible for someone to use it to make tutorials or lessons on some of the manuevering/towing/docking techniques and what not? So far I have figured out how to do some things but am not sure if it is the proper/preferred way to do it.

"Like I often tell my PC users, just becuase you can do something that way doesn't mean you should!"  :o

In the long run it may not matter how you do it but it would be nice from an immersion/realism standpoint.

Thanks for VSTEP and all of mission creators/modders out there for all of the hard work you put into this sim!

Rick
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 17:43:32 by flash0788 »

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 21:23:03 »

Not sure if it's just me but trying to post helpful comments only:
If you mouse scroll zoom the camera towards the ship in orbital camera mode the engine RPM resets to zero and the ship slows, this also seems to happen when changing between camera modes Orbital to Helm and vice versa.
 :)
Now that you mention it, with me it moves to half speed........

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 01:12:26 »

Well, I was steaming with the cutter in heavy seas, when I remembered "Hey, lets make a movie!". In the moment that I pressed "Tab" the engine immediately stopped... This must be a bug, because I can't found any other use for the tab key, rather than "cleaning"  all the controls. The scroll doesn't affect my game, only the tab key. :thumbs:

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 05:29:18 »

TNeves: Strange. I use the Tab key often while playing SSE without any problems like you mention. Does that happen for you just with the Cutter or all ships you've tried?

It seems odd that some users have problems such as this since the update, and then others don't have hardly any problems or things have seemed to mostly improved (as in my case with SSE on my computer).
Each day is a gift. Enjoy! :)

UltimateGTR

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 12:23:59 »

Steam problems again... Patch instaled but it show 2.2..... And i can't play online, cause it says i have to registrate the game on this forum. Already done.... Still not working...

The same here too, I enable auto update and yet the game isn't show v1.3 but still v1.0.0 (I did a fresh install).  When Steam will get the update?  The most weird thing is I get the grey icons on the chart, but the game still show build 1003 - version 1.0.0, is this a bug?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:57:17 by UltimateGTR »

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2011, 13:30:58 »

Tneves: Okay, I was sailing the Sherpa today, and I had the same problem as you with the Tab key cutting off the throttle.  But this doesn't seem to happen for some of the other ships I've tried so far (such as the Bugsier tug), but then again, I've only tried just a few of them since the update, so the Tab key cutting-off the throttle problem may happen on just certain ships? I'll soon try the Tab-key when on a few other ships and see what happens.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 15:36:34 »

Tneves: Okay, I was sailing the Sherpa today, and I had the same problem as you with the Tab key cutting off the throttle.  But this doesn't seem to happen for some of the other ships I've tried so far (such as the Bugsier tug), but then again, I've only tried just a few of them since the update, so the Tab key cutting-off the throttle problem may happen on just certain ships? I'll soon try the Tab-key when on a few other ships and see what happens.

I will try it too. Later on I will post it here.

Kobus Post

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 15:43:08 »

That also happens with the cutter, i posted that in the bug thread.
MacBook Pro Retina 15"

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 19:47:19 »

Been playing SSE for a few more hours today.
Have been in a few different ships now. Have tried pressing the Tab key when throttle is up a bit and the engines only seem to cut out sometimes, but not every-time, when pressing Tab.

As an example; previously when I had tried it on the Sherpa, pressing Tab would set the throttle to zero. But then sometimes when I tried it today while sailing the Sherpa, the throttle remained at it's ahead setting, and other times it reset the throttle to zero.

So this seems like a glitch or bug that only seems to happen for me sometimes when pressing Tab, but not all the time.  Quite odd.

Osprey

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:51 »

I love the update.

Saying that, I have the same problem with throttle controls and using the camera.   Similar throttle errors show up in various small craft like the RIB, when you use view 2, and then zoom closer to the boat, the engine throttle disengages.

Overall this is a fantastic improvement.   Thanks.  I look forward to fixes like the CHART FIX mentioned in another conversation.

Thanks V-Step

------------

If you mouse scroll zoom the camera towards the ship in orbital camera mode the engine RPM resets to zero and the ship slows, this also seems to happen when changing between camera modes Orbital to Helm and vice versa.
- Richard +
(Osprey)

ktvacho

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 01:28:13 »

I would really like to play with the update on but when I go to install it when it gets to the scanning for viruses part it freezes wont respond and I have to cancel it anyone else experiencing this and is there a solution.   VOTE FOR SPIRIT OF THE SOLENT WE NEED A LITTLE HISTORY IN THE GAME!!!

LoneWolfDon

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 09:25:01 »

Ktvacho: Temporarily disable your anti-virus while installing and running SSE, as perhaps it's causing some kind of conflict.

WizardMan

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 22:26:19 »

Hi All..

I'm from Denmark and I'm really excited for the game ..
it was also a pleasure with the update that just arrived ..
But I am still unhappy with the waves from the ship, and you can not turn off the engine when you're done with the ship.
can not name my ships myself.. can we do anything about that?

anyway thank you for a great game

regards Gerner

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 19:38:56 »

relly? that only happens to me with bugsier 2
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 12:16:47 »

Is there any idea about the next 1.4 patch which will be released in the future?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 16:14:32 »

Hi MokMok,
Sorry to say that there is no further news as yet.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:04 »

Shame

Was hoping it would be out reasonably soon to stop the bouncing quays at last... :-\

SRN4

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 18:27:08 »

I think i will wait intill TFM's SRN4 hovercraft Swift will come out and thank you TFM because otherwise i would never go on SSE again :2thumbs:

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 00:43:01 »

how do you know its coming?
Today's weather:

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 12:38:55 »

May we gather our hope? Will it come?  TFM´s SRN4 ?  Sounds like Christmas and Birthday to me... :o

That would really make the ShipSim a special One again!

Youhoover youhoover.... :angel:

Holger

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 13:56:11 »

I hate to say stuff like this but TFM's Channel Swift didn't win the CCC  :(
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 02:37:15 »

what also sucks is that tfm's channel queen didint win either.  :'(
Today's weather:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines