Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 14:28:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Empire: Total War  (Read 14557 times)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Empire: Total War
« on: December 23, 2010, 15:10:38 »

Hi all,

Just curious, does anyone else here play Empire Total War? If so, feel free to add me on Steam as IRI5HJ4CK :)

Kind Regards,
Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Empire: Total War
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 16:08:18 »

Hi Jack,

Is this game any good? Any screens? :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 16:11:50 »

this game is great  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 16:46:40 »

Hi Adam,

I quite like strategy games like Total War, so if you're not into strategy then you mightn't like the game. However, if you do, you'll love it...it's mainly based around economy, which in turn means you can make your Empire bigger (And support your war effort). You can trade with different countries, sign alliances, etc.

The game at the start is very complex, and even after a few months of playing there's still a lot to un-cover/find out. For example, the actions you take earlier in the game can influence how it spans out in the long run, so by even changing something minor, you can effectively change the course of history...so it means that each time you play the campaign, you can end up with different results.

The games nations are split up into two catagories: Major, and Minor. Major nations include countries such as Britain, France, Spain, Sweden, Marartha Confederacy, Prussia, Russia, United Provences etc. The game itself is generally historically correct from the start of 1700, but of course this changes as you make alterations to your Empire, and major nations can dissapear quite quickly if you decide to invade (Such as Spain, which usually plays a major part in the game, if you leave them to grow). By letting nations grow you can often find yourself in bother, since they'll become much more difficult to defeat, if you plan to spread your influence accross Europe. Minor nations are not playable nations, but they are still treated like any major country in your campaign (Ie, you can trade with them, sign alliances, invade, and so on). At the start of the campaign there are LOADS of minor nations in Europe, but these generally get swallowed up by growing nations (such as Poland Lithuania). Other 'nations' like Ireland aren't even minor nations, as of course they come under British Rule at that time. (Altough you can grant a country independance by letting them rebel, and then in turn will make a minor nation). Minor nations tend to appear and dissapear, whereas major ones don't, IF you don't decide to invade them.

Different nations have different advantages and dis-advantages. I myself like to play as Britain, since you don't have any neighbours on your land. Other smaller countries like Prussia and the United Provences tend to fall victim to larger neighbouring countries like France, as mentioned earlier, so Britain is a good country to start with, but requires you to learn fast, since as you'll know, Britain has a lot on its plate in the 1700's...such as hostile relations with countries such as France, which in turn like to try snap up your colonies in America, which can then lead to a domino type effect where several countries fall into war with eachother, and that can be quite difficult to cope with unless you're able to support your war effort.

The main 'problem' in making progress (Invading countries), is that of course, they don't like you - so they nearly always rebel, which can give you problems if you don't squash them quickly, because, not only will you lose that region, they may attack any land owned by you that's near them, since they are now at war with you too. But, you can sometimes nip rebellions in the bud, by lowering taxes, or by keeping your forces there, which will deter them from rebelling against you.

Anyway...going on and on and on here :lol: :D...i'll try summarise the game into a few points here.

* Your main goal is to spread your influence accross the globe. To do these you need to fight land and sea battles...you have the option to either have these battles faught by the computer (Going on statistics), or you can fight them yourself...I tend to lean towards the computer battle, since I like the political side of it more than the actual battles...but quite often too, when it looks like I might lose when weighing up statistics (Ie how many men you have VS how many men they have), i'll play the battle myself.

*You can't go squashing every country like a man man...politics is extremely important, as having alliances will mean that 1) They'll help you 2) It isn't your problem. In other words, their army doesn't cost you anything, whereas by making huge armies yourself, you'll often find yourself burning massive holes in your pocket. So relations with other countries are important, but it's also important to pick the right ones to deal with.

*The  game itself is excellent. Battles are great fun, and the political side of it is very interesting, if you like that sort of thing. The graphics are fantastic, and battles range from land battles, to sea battle, to seiges, or even actual 'scenarios', that did actually happen.

*You can make any country powerful, but the way you go about it will either be a make or break situation. Some countries have advantages, such as Britain, because you're sitting on an island. The disadvantage of that is of course, you can't really have a 'Blitzkrieg' approach to things, unless you have somewhere in Europe to base yourself. (I like to take France). Being a country that lives next door to another country can be a good or a bad thing, since on the good side of things, it means they're able to help defend you...However, if your neighbours don't like you, you can potentially find yourself in a rather awkward situation.

Phew...a lot of writing there :lol:...but yeah, I LOVE the game, and if you're into that sort of thing, you'll love it like I do.

Here's a few screens for you:

Campaign Map.

Naval Battle.

Land Battle

There's a good few pics on Flickr to look at! I have a load back here, but having problems uploading :o

Kind Regards,
Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

larsdehaan2

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 14:58:08 »

can i add you?

try the blue and the gray mod

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 19:37:47 »

Go ahead! :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

larsdehaan

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 19:38:27 »

ok and you really need to try that mod btw my name will be john smith done if you want to play a match sometimes you know where to find me
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 19:40:49 by larsdehaan »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 19:40:31 »

What does it do? Can't say i've seen it before :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

larsdehaan

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 19:42:41 »

that mod changes everything to the u.s civil war but keeps the other nations here you have a link
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1627

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 21:08:01 »

iv just nearly completed mine lol for the 4th time anyway its just Great Briatin (me) and poland left in europe really hard as they have same men as me  :doh:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 21:19:49 »

Poland-Lithuania can really be quite difficult to defeat when they're left to grow...I found that out the hard way :doh:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 01:14:32 »

My aim is hit them at there capital`s and blockade there docks takes time but will weaken them :2thumbs: :doh: ???

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 09:04:03 »

I take it you've already taken Spain? Their massive Navy gets on my nerves :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

larsdehaan

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 14:32:22 »

you should really try the link that mod is great but has no new naval units becuase they cant be put ingame

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 15:41:53 »

It's like Red Alert 1573 :P

Can I just add you on Steam anyway Jack? :P
Almost never here, try here.

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 16:34:36 »

looks like a great game!
who is the producer?

(the people seems to have the same colours and textures as the people from AOE seriers

larsdehaan

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 16:37:21 »

looks like a great game!
who is the producer?

(the people seems to have the same colours and textures as the people from AOE seriers
sega

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 16:39:37 »

ah i will check that,

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 20:14:27 »

Can I just add you on Steam anyway Jack? :P

Feel free!
Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 20:06:21 »

*Excuse double post*

Been playing Total War all day today (Sad, I know :doh:).

Installed a mod last night that allows me to play as minor or emerging factions which aren't included in the original game (Ie, Scotland, Ireland, Mexico etc.)

So...started my campaign as Ireland this morning...By God it's been a nightmare :doh: You start out with absolutely nothing, but that's made it a great challenge actually. I've so far managed to seize: England, Scotland, Portugal, some colonies in the Americas. The British Empire has been wiped out, and I next intend to invade Spain through Portugal, and take their colonies, then work my way into France.

An Irish Empire...oh dear :doh:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 03:02:29 »

see the rebellion its gets really annoying and also some of Polands army   ??? is better than GB but now Poland has 3 colonies left and GB  got the world and they are trying to make peace but just keep saying no lol :2thumbs:    :captain:

larsdehaan

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 09:39:03 »

*Excuse double post*

Been playing Total War all day today (Sad, I know :doh:).

Installed a mod last night that allows me to play as minor or emerging factions which aren't included in the original game (Ie, Scotland, Ireland, Mexico etc.)

So...started my campaign as Ireland this morning...By God it's been a nightmare :doh: You start out with absolutely nothing, but that's made it a great challenge actually. I've so far managed to seize: England, Scotland, Portugal, some colonies in the Americas. The British Empire has been wiped out, and I next intend to invade Spain through Portugal, and take their colonies, then work my way into France.

An Irish Empire...oh dear :doh:
wow lol but leave the dutch alone!

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 17:27:04 »

hehe but Dutch people have powerful ships. i think they are called Fluyt but not sure if their in the game too.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 20:56:51 »

hehe but Dutch people have powerful ships. i think they are called Fluyt but not sure if their in the game too.

In my campaign the poor Dutch aren't being left alone - they're being invaded left right and center. They were taken by France at one point for a few turns, they rebelled and took the capital again...they're very weak now though. I may consider invading them before anyone else does :-\
Kind Regards,
Jack.

larsdehaan

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 22:04:21 »

In my campaign the poor Dutch aren't being left alone - they're being invaded left right and center. They were taken by France at one point for a few turns, they rebelled and took the capital again...they're very weak now though. I may consider invading them before anyone else does :-\
NOOOO give us/them money and tec... make an alliance
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines