Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 10:54:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Your realistic ShipSim 2010  (Read 26355 times)

akkres

• Forum member
Re: Your realistic ShipSim 2010
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 20:41:07 »

Here an idea of a new area: The Palm Jumeirah or The Palm Jebel Ali and in a few years (2013) Palm Deira al in Dubai. The World is also between these projects. And the harbour of Jebal Ali is nice for container vessels and ro-ro's. In the Palms you can sail around with the yacht's or a jetski. Nice to watch the Bur al Erab in the evening...
SS2008 1.4.2 (1038)+ New Horizons + Elbe and Furie, Shipsim 2006+Add-On 1.8NL
Q9550 2.83GHz 4GB  ATI Radeon 4870/512MB Vista Ultimate 64 Acer AL 2051W 1680*1050 Saitek AV8R-01 + X52

The best sailors are at home or ashore...
picture = radarscreen of The World project in Dubai on januari 2007

joecocker

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 21:47:20 »

I definately WANT TO see SAILING Ships/Boats and SAILING Yachts of every possible size in the next release, and a much more flexible gameplay - enhancing the game to that level of fun Virtual Sailor 7 is offering (where you can simply edit the ships in use, the scenery, the weather and waves and everything IN!! THE ACTIVE GAME - thus offering an almost endless gameplay only limited by your phantasy - please make SS10 more flexible IN game :-)

And I am really with others who mentioned VSTEPS also INflexible process of designing and releasing SHIPS and SCENERY - they really have to release a Developer Construction Kit for to boost the games usability and the fun playing it. I paid hundreds of Euros for MSFS Add-Ons and would do such too for SSxx.

Last but not least - it´s somehow unfair that those nice ships of v.2006 (like the big Motor Yacht) are not available anymore in the 2008 (next) release. So they should come up whith the 2006 Ships in this Version of course - ASAP.

And - the mooring should be much more real and flexible, as in real life it should be possible almost everywhere in free roam mode...

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 22:06:51 »

As much as i would love to see sailing ships I doubt the present game engine could cope with a realistic version which gets its propulsive power from the wind.

As for the developer kit I have read a post somewhere which said that it would take as long to develope such a kit as it would to produce a new version of the game.

As far as mooring is concerned I agree, used to work for Bank Line and in some of the South Pacific islands we used to tie up to trees.

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 06:57:31 »

Hi, Lighthouse here.

New zones that i'd like to see in future versions of the simulator are:
*Brisbane River, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
*Miami, Florida, USA
*Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
* Antartica, yes, antartica with ice sheets and icebergs.

New ships:
*Antartic ice ship
*Any P&O cruise ship
*Sailing yachts like the AI ones in the game.
*Dingy
*Fishing vessels
*A yacht like the one in SS06
*Small boat (with outboard engine)

New features:
*More advanced weather system, such as larger and larger waves(different sizes and forms) realistic rain and where the weather can change during a mission/free roam without the user to tell it to. totally random. With out a doubt I'd also like to see a waterspout in the game.

*Nothings more intense than being in the middle of the ocean in a yacht and a waterspout forms, totally random, but can be used when creating a mission... for example - Waterspout chasers (Storm chasers on water.)

*Campaign mode: Start as a sailor in a yacht and advance through the ranks (with a storyline) all the way to mastering the titanic. A possable storyline may look like this. "While sailing your small yacht around (insert harbour name) the local water taxi business witnesses you mastering your yacht and after you anchour your yacht the approch you and offer you a job as a water taxi driver. Would you like to except the job? Yes / No.

The rest writes itself!

What else is there which could be realistic to add? Hmm I've said what I reckon would make the game realistic, anyone else got any ideas?

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:00:57 by Lighthouse »
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 07:32:19 »

The thing with a 'storyline' is that it draws the 'simulation' out of the game. Fair enough if you could work your way through ranks but it shouldn't really affect the gameplay.

This is a simulator.

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 08:03:55 »

Hi,

Captain Kool, yes I see that having a storyline would make the simulator... well less of a simulator but as the topic says, Your realistic Ship Simulator 2010, it doesn't mean that is will be. It's just a suggestion not a reality. though it would be nice as an option.

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 08:44:59 »

I would like the River Clyde included at some point in future. It's got lots of piers, harbours, drydocks, shipyards (yes we still have them! One in Glasgow and another in Port Glasgow) and several ferry routes. Container ships and cruise liners of all sizes also goes there. (A few months a 100,000 ton cruise liner visited, so we can accommodate big ships!)  ;D

Clyde also boast a very deep draught berth at Hunterston which is ideal for the supertanker Latitude. No chance of her going aground there!  ;)

There is also a Royal Navy submarine base in Clyde, so plenty of opporunities for different kind of missions.

As for ships: I would like to see more medium-sized car ferries. Pride of Rotterdam is very lovely but sometimes she too big for me. More ferries of Red Eagle's size would be lovely.

I am so dying to control that car ferry Coromuel which appeared after patch 1.1 was installed (any chance of making her available for missions etc?)

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

joecocker

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 16:51:46 »

@Kevinmcg_ships: I am so dying to control that car ferry Coromuel which appeared after patch 1.1 was installed (any chance of making her available for missions etc?)

Have you tried Virtual Sailor VS7 yet? I was astound seeing the Coromuel in SS2008 - as this ship was (and is - one of the best together with many other ferries :-) part of the VS world. See enclosed screen...

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 08:24:26 »

Hi joecooker,

No, I haven't tried Virtual Sailor 7, I'll google it & have a look at their website, many thanks!  :)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 18:30:52 »

A few areas which would be great to see in SS are the Kiel Canal and Lübeck / Travemünde in Germany and Helsinki Sompasaari (spelling) in Finland, the entrance to the harbour is awesome and it would be a fantastic challenge to take the pride of Rotterdam or a similar ship through there.

devin15

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 20:50:15 »

online mode man !!  whit coms  and a mud ship for a sea boot too come in the harbour

Rac0r

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 10:18:02 »

Hi there,

I'd like to see the Felixstowe/Harwich port and the Stena Hollandica/Brittannica. Would be nice to take them out of the Hook to Britain.

Regards

devin15

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 14:10:14 »

i frogot one  thake a stradel carrier  too take a container and bring that to the crane

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 14:40:01 »

Joecocker. The 06 add on will be released for 08 in due course, with a free upgrade for 06 add on registered users.

As for your other points, they have been discussed already. Quite frequently in fact.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

elangeland

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 22:09:50 »

I'll second the area around Bergen, Norway as an environment. Of course, the obvious ship(s) to add for it would be one or two (or more) of the Hurtigruten vessels.

CubanSailor

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 22:26:28 »

Miami! woot!

Id like a cruise ship.

Voics

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 05:43:02 »

In my view the game can be improved in three broad areas:

1. technical simulation
2. graphical appearance
3. content

Simulation... big improvements needed, IMO right now it doesn't qualify as a sim. Rudder effect tied to engine RPM instead of surface speed? Stuff like this needs to be fixed pronto. Of course, more complex refinements need to be made as well. Ship AI is a major thing, they must not blindly run into you. Introduce training missions explaining the harbour rules, speed limits, right-of-way, navigation lights and buoys, etc. Rest of missions should then take those into account. More controls on the bridge - lights, comms equipment, added radar functionality, wall charts, anchor cables, etc. I try to only use first person and would appreciate several crew on each ship (depending on size), with visible avatars, between which I can switch - so I keep one on the bridge and walk the others to the bridge wings, bollards, wherever I need them.

Graphics wise the textures and interiors can use a big improvement. Interiors should look more authentic, together with instrument functionality mentioned above. Other parts of the ships need more texture/lighting details, and non-player ships like the yachts and sailboats are let down by low-res textures. Introduce nationality flags?

Content-wise... every environment should have its own water taxi, tug boat, ferry/tourist/passenger vessel and large cargo/tanker ship, all playable. Followed by half a dozen non-playable cargo/fishing vessels to make up the traffic. These should be ficticious (no license is needed) and have several texture schemes each so there's more visual variety. This content should be added retrospectively for the existing environments, which would fix NY and Cisco Bay being populated only by Euro ships. Perhaps in a 2010 version such environment packages could be marketed separately, i.e. you purchase the base game and you're allowed to download one environment package for it, after that the others cost extra? There's enough environments for now although for balance purposes maybe add one from Asia - perhaps Singapore?

Lastly I'd like more sound effects and ambience, circling seagulls, tricks like that to make the places feel more 'alive' even if there's no people visible.

TJK

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 06:29:43 »

working light house

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 19:55:41 »

Being abled to do a safety drill on cruise ships ;D

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 20:05:59 »

I would like the River Clyde included at some point in future.

Yes, I'd like to see that to along with Simon's "Clyde Puffer" and "Waverley" models. Some Caledonian Macbrayne ferries would be great too, there are 12 different ferry routes in the Clyde area along with a Seacat to Belfast

ozziesailor

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2007, 08:18:30 »

i would like to see ships with pilots in them and passengers for taxi and cruise liners like in trainz... and have passengers wonder around the ship instead of juz standing there, and have working crewman on a tug or something.... plus have sirens go off when i ship starts sinking or in an emergnacy

and i would also like to see fire starts on cruise liners or things like that

Edited for language, DJM.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:04:58 by [RWP]DJM »

ELX Lucifer

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2007, 12:45:48 »

I would see higher waves  ;D and a Navy Vessel (Dutch of course), so you can get situations like this commercial (at the end).
And capsizing :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 12:48:11 by ELX Lucifer »

Neelix79

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 09:18:13 »

love all those idea. dont forget able to launch lifeboat if ship is sinking  ;D

Alfredo

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2007, 06:17:57 »

@Kevinmcg_ships: I am so dying to control that car ferry Coromuel which appeared after patch 1.1 was installed (any chance of making her available for missions etc?)

Have you tried Virtual Sailor VS7 yet? I was astound seeing the Coromuel in SS2008 - as this ship was (and is - one of the best together with many other ferries :-) part of the VS world. See enclosed screen...

im glad you liked my ships!! M.N. Loreto is on the Drydock too. improving the bridge and textures!

Harry G

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 19:23:01 »

A submarine and QM2 would be quite nice. Antarctica... Maybe ;) I'd also like the ability for developers to make and maybe sell their own ships for ShipSim 2010, this would produce a lot more ships etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines