Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 14:49:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Your realistic ShipSim 2010  (Read 26357 times)

Maelmoor

• Forum member
Your realistic ShipSim 2010
« on: September 10, 2007, 00:43:54 »

Let us asume Vstep continues releasing a new ship every second year, so the next one would be 2010. How would you like it to be? With realistic dreams, that Vstep actually could do in that time span. Here are mine key features, it would include all "old" zones and ships of course.

New zones:
Dover - Calais
Stockholm
Miami
Sydney

New ships:
SeaFrance Berlioz (Ro-Ro)
DHB Dauntless (tug)
Silja Europa (Ro-Ro)
Monarch Cruiser (wooden)
Destiny Yacht (yacht)
Small boat (with outboard engine)

New features:
More advanced weather system, as with different type of waves, larger, different sizes, realistic rain and where the weather can change during a mission/free roam
Improved navigation optons
Campaign, start as a sailor and and advance through the ranks (with a story)
Editor to create your own enviroments

What else is there which could be realistic to add? Sure we would like 20 new harbours and 50 new ships but that would be impossible, so stay in the realms of reality ;)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Your realistic ShipSim 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 01:22:40 »

Window Wipers, Snow, Ice (Ice Breakers to go with), shifting icebergs, buy/sell ships, have a dock where you can free roam with all your ships, a campaign mode where you are hired by company's and can choose missions based on that.

Some other cool stuff.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 01:55:40 »

i like those ideas ;D

budbud

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:10:42 »

Yeah I like these ideas too!
And a management of the engines systems (start/stop procedures) and deck equipments (winches, capstans, cranes...). And more details on the bridges: engines thrusters and rudders permanent feedbacks (not only with mouse pointer), light panel.
And also an radio control system with MRCC and VTS (like the ATC in MSFS.)
Oups, maybe am I asking too much?
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!

CatMarineDiesel19

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 02:26:23 »

boat or ships makes a water splash that goes acrross the whole windsheild when u hit big waves and use the wind sheild wipers wipe it off also on the cruise ships have crew members and actually ppl on board maybe 3d boat wakes as the boats and ships pick up speed......have walking ramps on the sides of the crusiliner and the ppl borad on

as too boat and ships

sea bex one-reserach vessel
large fishing yacht
smith rotterdamn-large offshore tug boat
freedom of the seas-crusieliner

this is all i can think of for now

pigouinos

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 04:11:43 »

omg i want ship sim 2010... ! :)

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:28:59 »

a campaign mode where you are hired by company's and can choose missions based on that.

Some other cool stuff.

I agree, this would be good for fishing, having to go out to the sea and catch fish by trawling, seining, long line fishing etc...

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:52:32 by Captain Kool »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 06:42:03 »

Gas would be cool also :p

Muttzcuttz

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 07:20:13 »

Cant believe no-one's suggested submarines yet  ???

Then you could include navy ships

omg  ;D

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 07:30:51 »

Dinghies?

renedef

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 09:50:35 »

I want to be able to take lessons, just like in Flightsim. Learn how to behave in traffic and then learn how to steer the ships trough the traffic (from small to large).
Radarlessons would be great and it would be even greater if you have trafficcontrol in the Port of Rotterdam.

My son (9 years) would like a connection between flightsim en shipsim. Just fly to your yacht at Phi Phi Island with a seaplane end then sail away. (I don't see it happening in the next release ......)

Rene
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:52:12 by renedef »

pigdog

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 10:08:09 »

I'd like to see detailed areas, ports and harbours with all the vessels local to that area released as a patch/add-on or new release on disk/download that you can purchase, this way as a new area is released the developers will have a steady income to develop the next area and it's associated vessels.

For instance Dover-Calais with all the ferries, tugs and other vessels that use the two ports, you could even include Dunkirk as the main commercial port and have all the navigational hazzards etc for these ports, like the Dover straight with AI ships using it and the ferries trying to cross and the shallow water and sand bars in the area.

I'd like to see tides & currents for each area, try getting a ferry into Dover through the narrow entrance when the fast tide is pushing you sideways as fast as you are making head way.

I'd also like to see more detailed bridge consoles and controls with each ship having the same layout and equipment as the real vessel it has been modelled on, as in other simulators like MFS where each aircraft has very different controls and they are modelled on the real aircraft, the same would be nice here too, so you can't just get in and take it for a spin you need to find out what the controls do and have trials missions that you have to pass before you can do more complex missions to show you can handle the ship in different situations.

As well as some other items mentioned in other posts such as windshield wipers, working radar etc it would be good to have port control/VTS radio that you can either control yourself or is AI or online with other users taking the part of port control, giving you information and instruction on when your vessel can leave/enter port, you have to ask permission to leave your berth, it's almost another sim in itself.
[img width=585 height=150http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9431/panddax5.png]

zax

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 23:39:26 »

How about some "Deadliest Catch" missions?  ;D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 23:52:16 »

I want to be able to take lessons, just like in Flightsim. Learn how to behave in traffic and then learn how to steer the ships trough the traffic (from small to large).
Radarlessons would be great and it would be even greater if you have trafficcontrol in the Port of Rotterdam.

My son (9 years) would like a connection between flightsim en shipsim. Just fly to your yacht at Phi Phi Island with a seaplane end then sail away. (I don't see it happening in the next release ......)

Rene

I think your suggestions are bang on. I would love to be able to take missions as I'm not exactly clued up on ship navigation and movement. I have driven a boat, but nothing that even relates to ShipSim  :D.

I think a career possibility would be awesome as it would add another realm to the game, making it seem much more in depth. I hope people know what I mean by that?

Also I think pigdog is right in saying about the add-on packs. I would pay for add-ons that either included a new environment with ships or just an add-on pack with say 10 ships. I would willingly pay for something like this, as I want to support VSTEP in making the fantastic sim/game  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 01:18:00 »

Cant believe no-one's suggested submarines yet  ???

Then you could include navy ships

omg  ;D

What part of SHIPsim don't you get. Go get sub sim -.-

avignale2

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 07:06:23 »

a submarine is a special class ship. why wouldn't you want people to have submarines?

Muttzcuttz

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 07:29:06 »

That's uncalled for.  >:(

If you want to be picky then why is the powerboat in it? Its a powerBOAT. And the upcoming Jet Ski , last time I checked that wasnt a SHIP either.

And while I'm here
Submarines are typically referred to as "boats" even though most modern submarines should technically be called "ships". The term U-Boat is sometimes used for German submarines in English. This comes from the German word for submarine, `U-Boot`, itself an abbreviation for Unterseeboot ('undersea boat').

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine

Go and get your facts right before making a statement like that about something I suggest.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:35:41 by jonread1983 »

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 08:10:45 »

Greetings,
If you guy's have a problem,dont put it on the forum this way,just do it by PM.
This forum not to fight agaist eatchother.You may have different idea's about something,but solve them the proper way.
Regards
Marc
N

Smiffa

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 12:29:37 »

I'd like to see detailed areas, ports and harbours with all the vessels local to that area released as a patch/add-on or new release on disk/download that you can purchase, this way as a new area is released the developers will have a steady income to develop the next area and it's associated vessels.

As open as it would be to abuse, some sort of wiki-style community build would be great here.  Live in Southampton? Particular landmark not around on the in-game map?  Log in, add the model and texture, locate it and submit it.  In short order, the model would be available in the environment to all and the game would stream the latest environment from a server google-earth style.

From a player's point of view this increases the realism - though it'd probably have to be a small subscription service to cover the bandwidth costs.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 13:30:16 »

What if somebody out to be a nuisance made a 3-D scribble and put it in the environment? Then everybody would have to look at it?
That might be an issue :[
Perhaps a filter could be used. Good idea though!

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 13:41:27 »

I would love the Sydney Harbour environmen, it is very beautiful.
The local vessels could include the world famous Sydney Ferries inculding rivercats which would be really challenging as they use schottel control system!, harbour tugs, P&O Pacific Sky, SoT (Spirit of Tasmania) and also inland container vessels, harbour tugs etc.
I am saying this mainly because it is one of my nearest major ports hehe :D

Another interesting port would be Auckland. I have never been there, but it looks like a very interesting port.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 13:48:54 by Captain Kool »

akkres

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 13:54:08 »

Did somewane already asked for a dredger. Someone has to maintain the channel depths!
for example the Fairway from Boskalis, it is already sunken by a container vessel.....
SS2008 1.4.2 (1038)+ New Horizons + Elbe and Furie, Shipsim 2006+Add-On 1.8NL
Q9550 2.83GHz 4GB  ATI Radeon 4870/512MB Vista Ultimate 64 Acer AL 2051W 1680*1050 Saitek AV8R-01 + X52

The best sailors are at home or ashore...
picture = radarscreen of The World project in Dubai on januari 2007

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 14:42:51 »

What if somebody out to be a nuisance made a 3-D scribble and put it in the environment? Then everybody would have to look at it?
That might be an issue :[
Perhaps a filter could be used. Good idea though!

As said before, most online sims that I've seen the nominated lead player can throw people out. I'm not so sure that uploading scenery or ships into a live game  would work- would you chop your firewall to let strangers upload to your computer?

We don't know the technicalities of how the MP is going to work. If I understand rightly in MSFS all that was sent to computers via the server was position of aircraft etc and a few other bits and it was down to your computer to work out the scenery. Otherwise everyone would have to have EXACTLY the same setup.

I think we shall have to wait and see if a scenery editor is developed (I remember mark/pjotr said that to add in static objects is much easier than playable/AI stuff.... so lets see) and that is purely my own opinion and it is NOT a statement of fact. ;)

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 16:46:53 »

well,  you got nice fantasy, i love it if it would be true ;D

beppoleitl

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 21:09:04 »

Hi,

If you are adding scenarios, Bergen in Norway would be nice, since they already have the "sea"-environment for that. Especially the islands around Bergen are interesting, I went on some fast ferries in that area a few years ago and it's simply amazing how fast they go through these narrow channels:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines