Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:01:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: V Step Appreciation Thread  (Read 8485 times)

shaka

• Forum member
V Step Appreciation Thread
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:32:02 »

Hi All

After coming to this forum yesterday afternoon to see the situation on the upcoming patch, I was shocked to read some of the comments made by people on some of the posts here. It made me angry to see so many people acting like children over this. Poor DJM to whom I have grate respect for at one point even had to close down a thread, because it was getting so out of hand.

So I have made this topic so we can talk about all the good things V Step have done to make this simulator  the fantastic game it is.

All The Best

Michael     

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: V Step Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 09:04:05 »

Greetings Shaka,
I'm following your comment,and agree with you 100%.
I'm supporting Vstep,with photo's,info and so on.
I'm behind Vstep,and this delay,has in my oppinion a good reason.
It's to bad that some of our members,are not so patient.
Regards
Marc
N

m131167

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:14:02 »

Same here. Vstep did an impressive job. Still some bugs and things...but the big picture looks very much better after the we have seen what the patch contains - bugs or not. Also I have been looking at the controls in the settings...even more controls to manipulate with for future expensions.
So yes...good job guys

Michael

Maelmoor

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 11:22:34 »

Awesome work, just ignore the kids moaning around. This is so much more than a usual patch, with things the players have suggested and making a good game even better, keep up the good work!

William Bensch

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 11:36:22 »

Brilliant on the free add-on-patch,

enjoy the carriere on-line as sailor,
and sometime maybe more interesting things to ad..patience is a virtue.

keep on sailing for succes in your task V-Step crew. ;)

daseal(DK)

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 12:35:59 »

HI all

I can only agree to you all. Very nice job by the VStep guys. There's still a few bugs, but I'm sure that they will be eliminated in upcoming patches.....

My greatest respect to the crew at VStep

Regards

Daseal :)
Daseal (DK)

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 13:27:14 »

Hi All

After coming to this forum yesterday afternoon to see the situation on the upcoming patch, I was shocked to read some of the comments made by people on some of the posts here. It made me angry to see so many people acting like children over this. Poor DJM to whom I have grate respect for at one point even had to close down a thread, because it was getting so out of hand.

So I have made this topic so we can talk about all the good things V Step have done to make this simulator  the fantastic game it is.

All The Best

Michael     

You shouldn't be shocked because I think many of our members are children, age 7-15.
They get very excited, and the delay of the patch was hard for them to handle. Then you see reactions like that, but I do agree that some of the posts were rude, the worst ones were removed. Anyway I think both the dev. team and the mods understand that...you know children ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 13:37:10 »

Hiya everyone :)

I believe this is a great topic for the entire team to see, it tells us that we are all doing exactly what needs to be done.

Vstep thoroughly deserve these positive comments after all the hard work they've put into our wonderful game :)

Speaking for myself here, it's great to see that you appreciate the effort involved in keeping the community a nice place to be, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :)

Kind regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Timbo

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 13:57:11 »

Hi All,
       Just to add my bit V Step have done a great job with shipsim 2008 and upcoming Patches
so keep up the good work.

All takes time we all know and say thanks to Dev Team and mods we all know you are working very
hard,we all appreciate it myself will wait for wednesday till i download it.

The simship has come a long way from 2006 which has only been a year which i think is very good,
so keep up the good work V Step.

Cheers Timbo  :)

eric

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 14:55:39 »

One of the problems with kids today is that they are exposed to "Instant gratification" - they are led to believe by some TV programmes and some parents that things can be obtained as soon as they want them without any pain, expense or effort. (OMG I'm turning into a grumpy old man!!) :-\

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 15:46:09 »

Ahem,thats a little offensive if you think it my way as a 'whining little kid'. >:(

^ Agreed but were not talking about the stupid thread owner :p

I was whining on the 17th and the 31st just because they said it might be there and I really wanted it after seeing all those wonderful pictures that the BETA team took. I have made an arcade style game in game maker and it takes 2 days. But physics and dynamics coded from hand? :O

Have a cookie VSTEP *Throws a cookie across the Atlantic to the VSTEP office*

paintar

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 16:09:59 »

Good work Vstep..and xcellent thread work DJM 8)

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 16:32:29 »

I found something out in the credits...

enviroments and modeling groups,i saw a name come up...

(cant remember first name)vermaas...and i guess he made it.
oh,and bottmania,now i know your full first and last name.

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 16:36:24 »

Have a cookie VSTEP *Throws a cookie across the Atlantic to the VSTEP office*
lol,guess what i wouldve thrown...hehe...id throw an aire visser to them...wait! err...pilot the arie visser in this case.

(   )(   ) im not a six pack,but im a 1 pack  (      |      )
(   )(   )                                               (      |      )
(   )(   )                                               (      |      )

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 17:11:36 »

I agree with you guys this thread is a brilliant idea, I hope we beat the other Patch thread with praise as the team do deserve after putting up with some rude people on here  ;)  ;D

Great work guys I'm loving the game and always have, makes a change to being able to blow things up and shoot people. Nothing like sailing on the ocean with a beautiful sunset and calm waters  :)

I sure hope VSTEP don't stop developing this game after a couple of years, it could become something huge and already is. Well done guys, you've done us all proud  ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 17:22:05 »

A big thumbs up for this thread and to all the vstep team and mods
bottman&rooster 24 for giving us missions dispite the moans and groans i for one am grateful
D.J.M. & MODERATOR'S for being there to help  ;D
And to be sure i will be buying and getting anything that V STEP have planned for the future
GREAT PRODUCT GREAT TEAM    :D  ROCK ON

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 17:36:53 »

I can only add my thanks on this theme. I've come to the conclusion that the developers, moderators and all concerned with Ship Simulators 2006 and 2008 must be extremely talented to be able to turn out this game. I will always be very grateful to Sturmfarht, Bottman and Rooster24 too. I've got about 35 missions downloaded from them as well as all the extras in the add-on. I'm going to be here till I'm too old to press buttons before I get bored!!!!! ;D ::)
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 19:17:34 »

I've been testing the game for four hours and couldn't find anything serious. I really enjoy this update, was afraid of the "bleed through" issues discussed here but the patched game works great on my system.

So yes, thumbs up for VSTEP and the moderators, your efforts for the community are very much appreciated.
Thank you all  

donc13

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 04:17:20 »

Add me to those who agree that V-Step has done a SUPERB job on this.  Considering the complexity and detail in this simulation..I'm amazed and very happy it has as few bugs or quirks as it does, and I'm sure V-Step will continue to work hard on squashing those that are left and will add to the simulation also.

And I, for one, will continue to buy their products.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 04:35:39 »

I found something out in the credits...

enviroments and modeling groups,i saw a name come up...

(cant remember first name)vermaas...and i guess he made it.
oh,and bottmania,now i know your full first and last name.

Already said that in another thread :p

DJM is also in there ;)

shaka

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 10:30:57 »

Ahem,thats a little offensive if you think it my way as a 'whining little kid'. >:(

Hi shipfan55

It was not in my mind to offend anyone just to point out that writing rude or offensive posts does not make anything go any faster.

But I am concerned that when you quoted me you changed the wording from "It made me angry to see so many people acting like children over this" to "It made me angry to see so many people whining like children over this."

All The Best

Michael

agibbs98

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 13:41:58 »

I was getting in-patient because of the delayed thread but i held it in  ;D

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 13:52:27 »

It's to bad that some of our members,are not so patient.

ahum. i agree with it, that the posts on that ''patch time'' topic were awfull.
but you don't tell me that we have to be patiend after 2 delays, and so everybody got his mind that it would delay another time, so why do we still have to be patiend, (well finaly we got the patch ;))
that's just what i wanted to tell, i hope you understand that ;)

btw, patch is awsome!  ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 14:00:26 »

But I am concerned that when you quoted me you changed the wording from "It made me angry to see so many people acting like children over this" to "It made me angry to see so many people whining like children over this."
Shipfan55. This just is not acceptable at all. Do not deliberately misquote people in this way.

Shaka. Apologies that this has happened to your post. I think your comments, and indeed, this whole topic is a credit to you. Thank you.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 15:40:40 »

Hi shipfan55

It was not in my mind to offend anyone just to point out that writing rude or offensive posts does not make anything go any faster.

All The Best

Michael
im sorry.please accept my apology... :'(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines